The online racing simulator
Quote from AMB :Yeah I made that sig when I got mad at some people on a server, LFS is a good sim etc.

What Does Scawen Roberts Look Like?!:splando:
Quote from pasibrzuch :What Does Scawen Roberts Look Like?!:splando:

You just answered that question yourself (The Above Smiley)
You guys are from NoobVille
Quote from BOSCHO :You guys are from NoobVille

Then you must be the creator of NoobVille
Quote from Scawen :If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example.

In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

It involves a lot of investigation, reading, experimentation and verification.

Good luck, i would borrow you my car if that could help
Quote from Scawen :If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example.

In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

Hey there Scawen,

Thanks a lot for the heads up ! It's always good to know what you guys are working on. The dedicated community supports you, and we're all awaiting the tyres update with much impatiences !

By any chance, would you happen to have any ETA for the Patch ? If so, we'd be more than pleased to get to know it !

Keep up the good work !
Quote from Zen321 :Hey there Scawen,

Thanks a lot for the heads up ! It's always good to know what you guys are working on. The dedicated community supports you, and we're all awaiting the tyres update with much impatiences !

By any chance, would you happen to have any ETA for the Patch ? If so, we'd be more than pleased to get to know it !

Keep up the good work !

ETA = When its done or early 2009 like they said, but work got alot more complicated for them...
Quote from Zen321 :

Yes, like the VWS release date? No, please.
Well guys, I know there hasn't been any update about the ETA since a while. Since I got Scawen at hand, I figured it was worth trying to know.
I don't think he'll make that mistake ever again.

well..
Quote from BOSCHO :

well..

they're owned by simraceway, who cares what they say...

weren't they here spamming the forum last week?
If they gave an ETA and didn't get it done by that, then there would be even more moaning.
ETA = early 2009 if i remember correctly
Quote from obzelite :lfs current development, its coders contempt for its fanbase, all bear the same hallmarks of west-racing.

LFS's development has bugger all parallels with the failed development of Racing Legends. I mean, to my knowledge, there wasn't even a single public release for Racing Legends.
Your attempted comparison is a load of rubbish.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think he'll make that mistake ever again.

How can it be a mistake? He's not affected by the forum remember? After all, a mistake would imply that there was a perceived negative effect he wishes to avoid. He's stated that he's not affected by forum negativity and therefore calling it a mistake is assuming his position.
Theres really no reason for people to get mad at others being upset for having to wait this long. When developers are taking an extraordinarily amount of time to get something finished, then yes... the community is going to be upset. I have no idea how much work the devs have into this game or how much work it takes to get a tyre physics model right... but I think that they made a big mistake by going with a licensed vehicle like the VW.

Look at how far back that has set the devs? I mean they could have been developing stuff that they can make to their discretion.. Not having every part of this ONE car be as perfect as it possibly can be, only because its LICENSED. Which means it has to be perfect to their standards.

I for one would like to have the VW in the game and I like the limited setups you can do with it. But if they would have gone with just a similar model of a car and not had it licensed, we could have had.. 8-9-10 updates addressing physics and what not else that they could have found.

But, if this is what they think is going to be whats best for their game, then we have to all back them up and wait. Hopefully they understand that all the flak they are getting should be taken for granted after how long its been. I just dont know why with all the money they have made off this game, they couldn't find more dev's to help with the tire model. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this post but, just speaking my opinion. Meant no offense to the dev's either.

Cliffnotes: We cant do anything but wait. And just letting Scawen and Victor V. know that we still love them.

I just translated this into movie language, so some of the forum guys can understand:

"If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example."

means: "Sheriff, do the letters "F O" mean anything to you?"

"In fact, I'm working very hard"

means: "just what the hell do you want anyway?" (in fact some of you whiners don't know anything because you only want to cry about, but there is and has been a lot of work to be done)

"that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community"

couldn't find any smart line for this one, it just made me laugh hard

greetz

der butz
Quote from CMoney86 : but I think that they made a big mistake by going with a licensed vehicle like the VW.

There will be a new version before LFS gets this one...

But i agree, the devs could make a ALMS prototype even it was just putting a body on a tweaked F08 and it would give LFS a new lease of life (for a couple of months)

I think the worst thing the devs have done is not help all those who run (Well ran) servers and leagues. I cut from 8 to 4 servers last year and i dont see much reason to have any when they are up fro renewal this year
Quote from Scawen :In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis. It involves a lot of investigation, reading, experimentation and verification.

You left out the crucial breakthrough moment in a complex development timeline ... "miracle happens here" ...
Quote from CMoney86 : but I think that they made a big mistake by going with a licensed vehicle like the VW.

I think it helped improve the Tires, infact Scawen said so, IIRC. It takes more time, but would anyway, sooner or later.
Quote from birder :There will be a new version before LFS gets this one...

The 2010 VWS already has a new interior, so the [unreleased] one in LFS is outdated
Yo guys, and developers. Here's a message from the community
hahahaha great one kristi and co.
Maybe the dev's are working on the all important Yupik and inuit language packs, next after that must be Aramaic, Ugaritic, Akkadian, Maltese and welsh language packs.

The skills to decode rare, endangered and minority languages are of increasing importance to LFS, say academics in the field.

When we get those you watch as all the missing users flock back.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG