The online racing simulator
I dont think he failed like this back in his V8 Supercar days did he? I mean you dont dominate and win 2 V8 Supercar seasons by being lucky
"I finish 3rd, I failed."

Stupid logic IMO. He clearly used up his car the first 75% of the race, Montoya just turned up the heat when he had to at the end, Ambrose had nothing else.
First full NASCAR race I've watched in a long time... glad I did.
Montoya was just cruising, I think in the middle of the race he wasn't pushing, didn't realy have to. NASCAR at the Glen... yellow's coming out sooner or later. Ambrose drove great, but Montoya was unstoppable... since when is third in one of the biggest series in the world a fail?

first yellow was laughable though, way off the course, I fail to see how anyone could have possibly hit him. Also kinda laugable were the announcers, clearly oval guys. But they tried hard, and that's what counts, right?
I thought Carl Edwards drove waaayyyyy too much out of his rear-view mirror.. caused himself to get passed a few times.
also notable: Boris Said's explanation of his exiting the race: "I was doing my thing, Tony was doing his thing, and our things collided."
Listening to Boris was awesome. I've always thought of him as a nice guy, now I'm thinking of him as a bit funny.
Very good race for Max Papis and Patrick Carpentier. Good to see them atleast get a good race in 2010.

I wonder if Carpentier will ever get a ride
Quote from lizardfolk :I dont think he failed like this back in his V8 Supercar days did he? I mean you dont dominate and win 2 V8 Supercar seasons by being lucky

Difference was he had a good team in V8s(even though he pretty much made them good).
yeah team is everything. by road racing standards, Ron Fellows, Hornish, Papis, Carpentier etc. should have been battling for the lead too... just don't have the team behind them though I guess
Imo not to sound like a Biased aussie but Ambrose on road courses has shown to be on another level its just hes never had a car to get him the Top position.

V8 supercars are very similar to these stock cars which surprises me that other Teams haven't tried to get any more drivers from down under for the road courses.
Kahne supposedly going to Redbull, not completely decided yet.
Official now, Kahne is going to Red Bull and Menard is going to RCR. I really don't like the big 4 car teams, wish they would have capped them at 3.

I'm anxious to see the new schedule next week. Also looking at the possibility of making it out to New Hampshire for the first race of the chase, I know a girl that lives out near there and have wanted to check that track out.
Quote from UncleBenny :Official now, Kahne is going to Red Bull and Menard is going to RCR. I really don't like the big 4 car teams, wish they would have capped them at 3.

I'm anxious to see the new schedule next week. Also looking at the possibility of making it out to New Hampshire for the first race of the chase, I know a girl that lives out near there and have wanted to check that track out.

Lucky you (about both things ).

Kentucky gets a race in the cup.
Cali loses a race (YES!)
Atlanta loses a race (No. )
Kansas now has 2 races (NO!!! )
First Logano gets into it with Harvick, and now Newman, what is this kid thinking? I was laughing after he brushed Newman and Newman pushed him a little, looked like Joey was about to piss himself.

Maybe its just me but I've noticed a serious lack of phantom debris cautions late in the race recently. Maybe Denny bashing Nascar actually accomplished something?
Quote from UncleBenny :First Logano gets into it with Harvick, and now Newman, what is this kid thinking? I was laughing after he brushed Newman and Newman pushed him a little, looked like Joey was about to piss himself.

Maybe its just me but I've noticed a serious lack of phantom debris cautions late in the race recently. Maybe Denny bashing Nascar actually accomplished something?

It was Newman racing "everyone too hard". Clearly it was Logano racing Newman hard up the inside and that is what made him loose and up in to Newman correct? I thought that bit was rather funny, plus the fact Newman would completely murder Logano in a fight.

Phantom debris cautions... hmm... They still happen I thought, but not AS much.
Yeah they do still happen, just seems like less often and Nascar hasn't been pulling them with 3 laps to go just to get a green-white-checkered finish.

Tickets for NH are ordered, we'll be sitting on the front stretch a little past the start/finish line 26 rows up. There have been some good finishes there recently so hopefully we get another one, pretty excited to go to a Chase race.
lol at Kasey kahne almost flipping over
Nahhhhhhhhhhh, he was just wall riding!
ugh... race tonight was kinda boring, would of liked to see jimmy spin out montoya though.
So, although the race was boring, apparently Brad Keselowski openly announced on the PA system at Bristol "My name is Brad Keselowski and I drive the number 12 Dodge. Kyle Busch is an ass." As much as I agree with his statement, I find it very ironic as well. It could only be more ironic if he called Kyle a stupid ass because he's nuts if he thinks that Kyle is just going to let this go. Way to go Brad, stirring up yet another hornets nest!
Kyle's the man.
God that was a great race. So glad to see Boris win.
It was a close finish, thats for sure!
As ever, NASCAR proves it's best to be watched in a 10 minute highlights package...
I was going for Max.
Quote from PMD9409 :I was going for Max.

Would've been nice to see him win, but like Max said, Boris deserved that win. He's been giving drivers advice, helping them out and coaching them to make them better for all these years, and it paid off.

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG