The online racing simulator
Can some check if they can get on my server
Name: ProRev Racing

Thanks!
i can see it from LFS World... so it should be okay, unless you have bandwidth problems...

i just noticed, it's running XFG/XRG/FBM + BL1... aka demo combo. after reading your other thread, i also have to ask, did you pay for your S2 license?
I have the licence problem sorted now lol
I'm getting "Host not found on master server".

I can't find it on LFSW either which means your server is down for some reason.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'm getting "Host not found on master server".

I can't find it on LFSW either which means your server is down for some reason.

Yeah i took it down try it now lol

EDIT: the new name is ProRev Racing try that!
Quote from boswell3782 :Yeah i took it down try it now lol

EDIT: the new name is ProRev Racing try that!

"Connect timed out".
yes i did port foward but i ran a port checker nd it says closed when its blatently open lol
did u try the name ProRev Racing?
Any ideas? :-

Quote from boswell3782 :did u try the name ProRev Racing?

Yes, I did. Atm I'm getting "Clientconnect : connect failed".

Quote from the_angry_angel :The client connect failed normally means that either you have a home router or firewall in front of your LFS server, preventing a player's connection from fully completing.

You might want to read http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/H ... rwarding_.2F_Home_Routers which gives an example and has a link to portforward.com, which often has step by step guides available for most home routers.

Quote from boswell3782 :Any ideas? :-

Shouldn't there be a destination address/hostname somewhere in that table, so the router knows which local PC (server) to forward the packets to?

What router have you got?
Attached images
forward-destination_address.png
If that router page is what i think it is (Sky) then you have to input tcp and udp on seperate lines.
eg: tcp 63390
udp 63397

Thats how i did mine but that was on the old white sky router maybe different on yours

Look here: http://portforward.com/

Find your router and it should give you the instructions you need!
I have changed my router and my static ip address and tryed it with my Belkin N1 router (hard work getting it to work with sky!) and I still same problem on router, it states that ports are not forwarded when they are I have tured windows firewall of temp and still no luck!

i apologize for my previous skepticism.

is 63392 the port you put into your config file? if you're forwarding the wrong port, it won't work, of course.

also, if you have a router, you don't need the windows firewall, you can disable it outright. (unless you're on wifi and you don't trust the other computers)
Nah, I'm using ethernet and yeah the port is the right port, I must of checked it loads of times lol. My old router (the one from sky) if you clicked open all ports and check all ports on a portchecker if only found port 20 which won't do as you need a high number. This is really f*cking me off lol
Quote from felplacerad :Shouldn't there be a destination address/hostname somewhere in that table, so the router knows which local PC (server) to forward the packets to?

What router have you got?

Its now on a Belkin N1 router see picture above.
that should work then... there are two things i can think of then...

1) not enough upload bandwidth... most home internet connections suck for upload. not much you can do here unless you get a fiber connection.

2a) your isp might be blocking the traffic by squelching your open ports... most home internet connections don't allow "servers" by the definition of "home"... but that wouldn't explain why port 20 is open... it's meant as a data port for FTP, and doesn't even have to be open.

2b) another thing they could be doing is double-NAT. someone i know in the states lives in an area where they don't have enough ip addresses to go around (the isp's excuse)... so they double-NAT everyone who doesn't specifically ask to be ungrouped. the only way to know this would be to ask, because they don't advertise it, and you can't really tell by looking at the external ip address.

/geek mode off
-
(boswell3782) DELETED by boswell3782
I have opened ports only once and I don't know how I done it ages ago.
Haha I've done it! Yay! I just tured off UPNP and its working woop lol.

interesting... UPNP shouldn't interfere with pre-defined forwards...

you got it working, that's what's important though.
I was going to suggest, if the router supported upnp, you could try the mini upnp client. It's awfully handy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG