The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Sorry, but I have to agree with this. Yes, they are well built and comfortable, but they are nothing at all the shout about. A mere 180hp in a heavy chassis that does not like taking corners is not going to set the world alight.

On the contrary, with the Wolfsburg which is mine, the difference from the normal GL's and such is in a stiffer "sportier" suspension as I stated. I've ran her about 500 miles now since Friday and I'll tell you, it indeed likes taking corners. I keep looking for the little slot cut into the road because it feels like a slot car.

That and every time I blink, I'm skating on the triple digit zone on the speedometer (mph of course). I'm still use to the Honda. In the time it took me to hit 35 mph in the Honda, I am well over 100 in this thing.

You internet experts keep loving your 70 hp tin cans. Let me worry about how "slow" and poor handling my 180 hp slotcar is, thanks.
Quote from mrodgers :On the contrary, with the Wolfsburg which is mine, the difference from the normal GL's and such is in a stiffer "sportier" suspension as I stated. I've ran her about 500 miles now since Friday and I'll tell you, it indeed likes taking corners. I keep looking for the little slot cut into the road because it feels like a slot car.

That and every time I blink, I'm skating on the triple digit zone on the speedometer (mph of course). I'm still use to the Honda. In the time it took me to hit 35 mph in the Honda, I am well over 100 in this thing.

You internet experts keep loving your 70 hp tin cans. Let me worry about how "slow" and poor handling my 180 hp slotcar is, thanks.

180hp is quite reasonable by today's standards....

today i went for an other spin in my parent's '07('08 in North America )... that engine is responsive as hell! overtaking 3 lorries in one shot is one amazing thing to do with it... jumps from 80kph to 120 faster than i can blink... =) im falling in love with it.... if it wasnt for that over sensitive clutch...
Quote from el pibe :if it wasnt for that over sensitive clutch...

hahahahahh
ahahahahahha

oh god
man
you post some rediculous shit
but that has me in tears of laughter
Quote from Klutch :hahahahahh
ahahahahahha

oh god
man

Am I missing something here or what?

@Rodger. Ok, well think what you want to think then. I'm really not trying to put you down about your new car. It's just I don't find them fast in a straight line at all, and the same goes for corners. I've driven a whole bunch of them, including the 180hp 1.8T, and I find them crap personally. Each to there own I suppose!
i agree that the bora is not that fast. but you have to compare it to his old car. and in that case, it is faster than the civic. i've always liked VW. may it be a beetle, golf, polo, jetta, passat, bora, scro...the name that shalt not be spoken. for me, a VW is a car for life. they look like they're built to last and they very rarley break down. i love the look of the bora. it looks like somone put jetta/passat panels on a golf chasis . if apple made this car imo it would be called the jetta nano lol.
but this is just my opinion of course.
No doubt it's faster than his Civic, but it's just the way he talks makes it sound like it's rocket powered! Either way, I'll just leave him to it. I have other things worry about.
thats the exact same thing i said few posts earlier ! other than that it takes you wherever you need to go.
Quote from e2mustang :... other than that it takes you wherever you need to go.

+1

After all, a car is meant to take you from place A to place B. Hell, even my thing is fast...compared to the bus I was using for transport before I feel fine in the city with every horsepower that haven't escaped the body of this 23 year old beauty which is somewhere from 55 to 65 hp ( and I drive my dad's 175hp Celica randomly, so I have something to compare)
Quote from [RF]-art555 : I feel fine in the city with every horsepower that haven't escaped the body of this 23 year old beauty which is somewhere from 55 to 65 hp

Now see, things must be a LOT different over here where I am. I ended up in the city with my Honda hunting around for used cars and I thought I was going to die! There was no way I was going to be able to pull into bumper to bumper rush hour traffic flying by at 75-85 mph with my weak old Honda. I had to though, there was no turning back and no stopping. I put it on the floor and went for a small gap. Cars flying all around me, whipping around me from behind, as I slowly accelerated up to 40... 45.... 50.... Oh I'm Going To DIE!

By city driving, I am going to take it that you guys mean small city. Because there is no way in hell you are driving a 60 hp car in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. My Honda was 100 HP and it couldn't go (though it was very old and worn out and a girlamatic to boot, so that hindered it a lot.)

This isn't Pittsburgh, but similar traffic. Imagine trying to pull into that with 60 hp when they are moving at 75+ mph....

That is city driving. No place for a slow car.
Quote from Klutch :

i thought this was the off topic section...
Quote from mrodgers :This isn't Pittsburgh, but similar traffic. Imagine trying to pull into that with 60 hp when they are moving at 75+ mph...

wheres the problem? you come round the bend at 80 and in no time youre up to 120
even with a 60hp car i and everyone else in europe manages to do this sort of thing every single day
Quote from Shotglass :wheres the problem? you come round the bend at 80 and in no time youre up to 120
even with a 60hp car i and everyone else in europe manages to do this sort of thing every single day

You don't come around the bend at 80 (kph I'm assuming.) Keeping your units, you are coming from about 30 kph off the side into 120 kph traffic.
i never seen any1 doing 30 from an exit ramp in 5 years i've been here. everyone is flying here.
Quote from mrodgers :You don't come around the bend at 80 (kph I'm assuming.) Keeping your units, you are coming from about 30 kph off the side into 120 kph traffic.

seriously if youre doing 30 on a slip road you should get your licence taken away
also i dont know the rules in the us for lorries but i doubt theyre allowed to drive much faster than the 80 theyre limited to round here so merging into the right lane cant be that hard
Quote from mrodgers :
This isn't Pittsburgh, but similar traffic. Imagine trying to pull into that with 60 hp when they are moving at 75+ mph....

That is city driving. No place for a slow car.

That's not city driving, it's a freeway / motorway...

My old Wira with an earth shattering 84 BHP could quite happily cruise at 85 MPH without issue (and more when I wanted), and go from any slip-road up to to 70 by the time I got onto the road itself...
Welcome to America, that is indeed city driving lol!!

675 to 285 (675 is an alternative connection to 75 and 285, and 285 is the loop that goes around Atlanta) is a sucky switch over because 675 everyone is going about 60ish, 285 which is 5 lanes across (which you have to get across unless you feel like getting off on every forced exit) everyone is going 80+ and stuffed with traffic.. moving at speed..
Imagine that picture above with everyone moving 80, even the semis.. it's freakin scary..
what he said,and what i said above. every1 is flying here
Quote from XCNuse :Welcome to America, that is indeed city driving lol!!

675 to 285 (675 is an alternative connection to 75 and 285, and 285 is the loop that goes around Atlanta) is a sucky switch over because 675 everyone is going about 60ish, 285 which is 5 lanes across (which you have to get across unless you feel like getting off on every forced exit) everyone is going 80+ and stuffed with traffic.. moving at speed..
Imagine that picture above with everyone moving 80, even the semis.. it's freakin scary..

I don't believe for one second that the lorries on the slow lane are doing 80 mph, tbh.
American trucks aren't restricted, they could easily get to 100mph if they wanted.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't believe for one second that the lorries on the slow lane are doing 80 mph, tbh.

Don't ever. EVER. EVER. disagree with a moderator!
Quote from Xaid0n :American trucks aren't restricted, they could easily get to 100mph if they wanted.

Ok, but are they really that stupid?

That's like death on wheels. How are they supposed to come to a standstill in any reasonable distance at that kind of speed?

Quote from AMB :Don't ever. EVER. EVER. disagree with a moderator!

This only counts if you're messy.
Well that's American truckers for ya. Have you ever tried to get from NY > SF in a couple of days.. it's a tough task at 56mph compared to 80-90mph.
No sh*t it's stupid lol! Scares the crap out of me every time!
Hopefully they don't have to stop on a dime. They usually try and keep space in front of them, but depending on traffic they will for sure keep up with the flow of traffic

Other freeways and stuff they stay at the limit, but 285 is always running around 75-80mph and they stay in that range, otherwise traffic gets horrid
I'm glad that I don't live there then.

Here, the biggest annoyance with truckers is when, on a 4 lane Autobahn, one driver is driving 102kph while the other one is driving 100kph and he decides to pass him which usually takes about 5 minutes and produces a train of up to 30 or 40 cars.
^ that's the same over here too. We have only 2 lanes though.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG