The online racing simulator
This is allowed? :D
(151 posts, started )
Never use anything to set a WR.

When i like a combo, i do some laps and try to beat the best lap. Why not? why always the hate against "hotlappers"?

It's the cheaters (speedhax etc) who ruin it.

And about the cutting at ky etc. Just do the damn same and beat the guy at the 8 other (without cutting) corners at the combo. Damn.

Oh and about that "macro". Like rudy says. It's so easy to set it up. Alot of fast guys used it in the hotlapleague. Always the same people though.

It works shit and i never use it to set a wr. But for example in the hotlapleague i just used the "macro" for the Blackwood combo, because everybody was using it. What do you expect? Just beat the ****ers at it.
Quote from NickC :Never use anything to set a WR.

When i like a combo, i do some laps and try to beat the best lap. Why not? why always the hate against "hotlappers"?

It's the cheaters (speedhax etc) who ruin it.

And about the cutting at ky etc. Just do the damn same and beat the guy at the 8 other (without cutting) corners at the combo. Damn.

Oh and about that "macro". Like rudy says. It's so easy to set it up. Alot of fast guys used it in the hotlapleague. Always the same people though.

It works shit and i never use it to set a wr. But for example in the hotlapleague i just used the "macro" for the Blackwood combo, because everybody was using it. What do you expect? Just beat the ****ers at it.

Yeah, i think we both no who the regular users of macro are ;D
I have respect to Azza and other hotlappers, I had WR for one day, and I was extremely happy about it, but it got beated 0.03 on next day. So? Life goes on, hotlaping dont mean anything, but its fun sometimes. I dont see a reason why someone would say "pfff, hotlapper, u suck" I have huge respect to these guys when I see their awesome laps.
What is that macro ?
Yes button clutch.

But it's automaticly so you dont have to do anything and win time easy. In multiplayer nobody will see it, so all the guys are using it. But when you upload a lap everybody can see you used it, so thats why most of them dont do it in a hotlap.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Ok, i'll try to explain. The same as i got it explained i while ago.

Go to LFS. Set clutch to manual clutch. Assign your clutch to a button on your wheel.

Go to profiler --> go to your shifter pedals --> go to select assignment (? english?) and press NEW assignment. Call it whatever you want, i recommend shift down and shift up .

Go to options and tick the box with Pauses. Press ok. Press record and press your buttonclutch and shifterpedal together. Press ok. Make sure the clutch is the first one.

Start LFS and it's done. You are now doing an automatic manual shift :P (wtf).
Why copy it? Wouldn't it be better to choose not to do it, and keep your self-respect and the respect others have for you? You say people are regulary using it online? That means they use it in leagues as well? Shame on them then.
Quote from arco :Why copy it? Wouldn't it be better to choose not to do it, and keep your self-respect and the respect others have for you? You say people are regulary using it online? That means they use it in leagues as well? Shame on them then.

Using this exploit/profiler setting takes the "skill" out of it, the "reward", the whole "point" of using manual.
Well tbh, i'm quite sure they do.

I never did though. Believe what you want

If you are in a league, and one guy is using it. What should you do when nobody does anything against it? Just lose? Or beat them at the same?

Difficult .

The devs should just make the shifttime the same.
Can't understand that statement either, "everybody" does it so I do it too, what kind of argument is that please? It wouldn't feel right for me if I knew I didn't beat the guy behind me fair and square.
Also,

another "cheat?" people don't know about.

Everybody is downloading setups nowadays. From LFSW. So al your hard work you put in a setup is wasted, because people can just download it. And then i don't mean by just looking at the analyzer. I mean just downloading the replay and let a program convert into a LFS file.

I found out there are a bunch of people who dont know about this.
Quote from troy :Can't understand that statement either, "everybody" does it so I do it too, what kind of argument is that please? It wouldn't feel right for me if I knew I didn't beat the guy behind me fair and square.

Yes but what if you are p2, and you want to be p1 and you know the p1 guy just beat you because he uses the profiler thing.

I don't like it, but, also in the hotlapleague we decided to allow it to provide the most level playingfield.
IMO, in league racing, all should use button clutch or no one, that makes it even to everyone

In public racing, I dont care if someone uses/dont use button clutch

Oh, and im not sure about it, but button clutch dont make you faster on all cars?
Quote from manneF1 :IMO, in league racing, all should use button clutch or no one, that makes it even to everyone

In public racing, I dont care if someone uses/dont use button clutch

Oh, and im not sure about it, but button clutch dont make you faster on all cars?

Correct. Some cars have sequential box. ( i think :P )
Quote from NickC :Correct. Some cars have sequential box. ( i think :P )

Hm, BF1, XRR, FXR, XFR, Fo8 and FOX have sequential (?)
Quote from manneF1 :Hm, BF1, XRR, FXR, XFR, Fo8 and FOX have sequential (?)

Jep think so, so its mostly the xfg, xrg, rb4, xrt, fxo, rac etc.
Depends also of the track, you'll have a smaller advantage on the tracks where you don't have to shift often(like Westhill for instance).
I havnt have clue, how this button clutch works. I know how its set up, but how it makes you faster. Does it just make the gear change faster?
Quote from manneF1 :I havnt have clue, how this button clutch works. I know how its set up, but how it makes you faster. Does it just make the gear change faster?

Yes
#121 - AMB
The downloading of WR sets is OLD, there was Phlos' setup pack which most teams have and there is another way I'm sure you know, but it can't be 'leaked'.
Quote from NickC :Also,

another "cheat?" people don't know about.

Everybody is downloading setups nowadays. From LFSW. So al your hard work you put in a setup is wasted, because people can just download it. And then i don't mean by just looking at the analyzer. I mean just downloading the replay and let a program convert into a LFS file.

I found out there are a bunch of people who dont know about this.

Yes, now that is very annoying, that used to stop me HL'ing, but now i just dont mind, if they want to steal it, they can :P
Quote from AMB :The downloading of WR sets is OLD, there was Phlos' setup pack which most teams have and there is another way I'm sure you know, but it can't be 'leaked'.

Phlos' pack is gettng a bit old too TBH.
Quote from AMB :The downloading of WR sets is OLD, there was Phlos' setup pack which most teams have and there is another way I'm sure you know, but it can't be 'leaked'.

It can't be leaked :S? why not?

If i can download a set everybody should be able to do that.

Edit: oh no i can't. Read this.

What Is It
LSSE is a standalone version of Phlos' LFSW setup extractor & packer that worked for some time on http://setup.phlos.com/ re-written in Ruby and licensed as free software under GNU General Public License. This means that anyone is free to distribute and/or modify it under GNU terms. This being said, there are a few guidelines which developer and LFS developers ask of users:
-
LSSE should not be posted directly in the LFS Forum (requested by Vic) to avoid any arguments over are setups intellectual property of the makers and is what this tool does wrong.
-
LSSE shouldn't be made into an online version of the tool (even though the source code is inside the LSSE.rb file) because such a tool would also go against LFS developers wishes.
Possible
consequences for you to ponder: if LSSE is posted in LFS Forum or made into an online version of the tool like it was once before, LFS developers will change the SPR file headers rendering this tool (and many other Replay analyzers) useless.
Quote from NickC :It can't be leaked :S? why not?

If i can download a set everybody should be able to do that.

Edit: oh no i can't. Read this.

What Is It
LSSE is a standalone version of Phlos' LFSW setup extractor & packer that worked for some time on http://setup.phlos.com/ re-written in Ruby and licensed as free software under GNU General Public License. This means that anyone is free to distribute and/or modify it under GNU terms. This being said, there are a few guidelines which developer and LFS developers ask of users:
-
LSSE should not be posted directly in the LFS Forum (requested by Vic) to avoid any arguments over are setups intellectual property of the makers and is what this tool does wrong.
-
LSSE shouldn't be made into an online version of the tool (even though the source code is inside the LSSE.rb file) because such a tool would also go against LFS developers wishes.
Possible
consequences for you to ponder: if LSSE is posted in LFS Forum or made into an online version of the tool like it was once before, LFS developers will change the SPR file headers rendering this tool (and many other Replay analyzers) useless.

Oh :P
I was just about to post a link :P

This is allowed? :D
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG