The online racing simulator
[request to devs] Make a public to-do list
(40 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Do you want a to-do list?

Yes
No
Well I posted this idea in the physics thread and some people liked it.

They (the devs) could make a short public TO-DO list. That would show things that are done and left to be done. It will be useful for people that don't check the forum often and just want to check the status of the development of the next patch, keep us updated and lower the amount of anger because of the leght of the development time of the physics. The list could be put in a sticky thread on top of the forum.

Example to-do list:

- AI driver improvements - Completed
- Limited setup system - Completed
- Finish the VW Scirocco - Completed
- Finish Rockingham - Completed
- Tyre heating and cooling - In progress
- Suspension updates - Not yet started
- VW stability control - Not yet started
- General bug fixes - Not yet started
- Release to private testing - Not yet started
- Public TEST release - Not yet started
- Public official release - Not yet started

THIS LIST IS AN EXAMPLE AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THE DEVELOPMENT ROAD OR STATUS IN ANY WAY.
This has been suggested many times already.

The devs, as they said many times, just aren't up to this. And even if they were, it'd create massive amounts of bitching, even more than we have in the current few development related threads. I can already hear the typical "Y ARE U DEVELOPING THE TYRE PHYSICS B4 TEH VWS" and the "TEH VWS HAS BEEN ON TEH LIST FOR AGES, STOP LYING YER NO MORE WERKING ON IT"
Let me use one LFS forum users avatar as response:
Absolutely pointless.

And if a task is crossed, you will be whinig for one more reason. Remember LX8.
Oh for god sake, school for kids should start already...

No, i do not want "public-what-the-f*cking-ever-list", becouse i want Scavier to work on LFS in peace and not under constant pressure of little kids, being horny becouse they get bored of the game, after a few minutes. Go play god damn Sims 3 with cheats then or something, you might acctualy be succsessful there.
I would like to see a to-do list, but it's entirely up to Scawen, and he's not likely to ever make a public one.
Where are the options?: I dont care and This th should be closed
Voted No. Reasons are obvious with half a brain.

Translated: na 2 dat vote blood - Manz got de betta tings 2 do init!
#11 - AMB
Quote from peterules :
Translated: na 2 dat vote blood - Manz got de betta tings 2 do init!

LOL anyway voted no.
Nice try but the Dev's will work at there own pace, just leave them alone. It will be done soon enough, just have patience.
Jesus christ, do you guys have to over react so much? Whatever you post, you're going to be bashed by people calling you a kid or a dumbass. This is the only community that over reacts so much, really. Just state your reasons and nothing more.

@Kid222: Your shit spam is useless.
@thezero: Oh look, the 2009 guy is talking about ME being bored of the game a few minutes after playing. P.S: calling other people kids doesn't make you look older, infact, sometimes the caller is the youngest of all.
@peterules: You don't have to be an ****.

I'm serious guys, look at this shit. It is pathetic and I'm ashamed by this community.
I didn't mean to be an "arsehole" Sorry.

But i'm the sort of person who likes to take time with various projects i do. Even the slightest hurry along or distraction just throws me off pace as i'm not fully focused on the tasks ahead.
The guy asked a simple question is there any need to burn him at the stake?

Its not going to happen but sheesh take it easy guys.
Quote from kimd41 :Jesus christ, do you guys have to over react so much? Whatever you post, you're going to be bashed by people calling you a kid or a dumbass. This is the only community that over reacts so much, really. Just state your reasons and nothing more.

@Kid222: Your shit spam is useless.
@thezero: Oh look, the 2009 guy is talking about ME being bored of the game a few minutes after playing. P.S: calling other people kids doesn't make you look older, infact, sometimes the caller is the youngest of all.
@peterules: You don't have to be an ****.

I'm serious guys, look at this shit. It is pathetic and I'm ashamed by this community.

Yes, sorry, that's how it works out there. If you create a new thread in this section, you have to expect to get dozens of flaming posts and tens of flaming posts complaining on the ridiculous amount of flaming posts and "how LFS Forum went, see son, it was more friendly in 2006 etc etc".

That said it's a bit strange to see that you expected something else while your awesome idea has been suggested several times already - and commented by the devs even! I'll have to search for the link.
Quote from richo :The guy asked a simple question is there any need to burn him at the stake?

Its not going to happen but sheesh take it easy guys.

Something like that. Learn to act at least a little bit friendly people.

It's easier to say it's good idea for us, not for the devs and here it ends for everyone... instead of constantly flaming.
Quote from Mysho :It's easier to say it's good idea for us, not for the devs and here it ends for everyone... instead of constantly flaming.

But it gets a bit repetitive if exactly that has been said approximately 726 times in the last 2 years but people still do it.
No.
I'm one of those that think devs could write a bit more about de development progress, but a to-do list is definitely not a good idea.

I don't want devs to justify their work, maybe some info from time to time, but not a task list.
Could there be more information around: Yes
Should the devs give us more news or a to do list: No.
Reason: They said they don't want to and they update when there is something to update. Thats the reason, accept it.
Im kinda dissappointed that the yes has more votes..
It's a shame some people just don't get it, they do not want to give us more information, accept it. And imo we're anyways better this way, at least we don't know exactly what we're waiting for
Quote from Hahmo :Im kinda dissappointed that the yes has more votes..
It's a shame some people just don't get it, they do not want to give us more information, accept it.

But we are voting, not the devs. Voting "no" because devs would do is a bit retarded. Well it's pointless anyway.
No. No. No.
Same here.
This thread is closed

(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG