The online racing simulator
a city just for cruising
(74 posts, started )
Quote from Zay :Hmm, possibly, but me and a couple others I know are more(or as, in some occasions) talented in real life(karting) as they are in LFS. I dont think this is true, because there are probably a greater number of racers that are better or as talented in real life, probably somewhere approaching a half. But thats just my opinion.
Sorry for off topic and double post

I must support this! We used to race with a guy who was the only one of our group who raced in real life too. Clio cup. We made him the Renault Clio skin for XFR - replica of his real car he raced. Guys helped him to tune XFR setup, until he didn't say something around ""WOW, now this actually feels like my car guys! LFS rules"" etc etc...
Now guess laptimes of him and some of our fastest guys. Yea, it was a joy to watch him racing - his lap times were totally stable, +/- few tens of second, he never crashed, never burned tires, but he was slow. Compared to out fastest racers, terribly slow.
I don't know how to explain this, we spent nights debating if LFS sucks or computer simulations suck, or how the hell is it possible that real life racer, who is always at top10 position in races btw, can't win in game. We got nowhere. But one thing is for sure - all those theories about real racers, virtual racers, cruisers, skills and who is fast and who is not, are stupid generalization. And as such, not even worth writing at some forum...

Oh and Great post Jason!
Quote from RAYfighter :I must support this! We used to race with a guy who was the only one of our group who raced in real life too. Clio cup. We made him the Renault Clio skin for XFR - replica of his real car he raced. Guys helped him to tune XFR setup, until he didn't say something around ""WOW, now this actually feels like my car guys! LFS rules"" etc etc...
Now guess laptimes of him and some of our fastest guys. Yea, it was a joy to watch him racing - his lap times were totally stable, +/- few tens of second, he never crashed, never burned tires, but he was slow. Compared to out fastest racers, terribly slow.
I don't know how to explain this, we spent nights debating if LFS sucks or computer simulations suck, or how the hell is it possible that real life racer, who is always at top10 position in races btw, can't win in game. We got nowhere. But one thing is for sure - all those theories about real racers, virtual racers, cruisers, skills and who is fast and who is not, are stupid generalization. And as such, not even worth writing at some forum...

Oh and Great post Jason!

well he was driving realistically and not as an alien

go on an endurance race and he will be going most of the race without a popped tire
Quote from Forbin :Let me ask you this: how much of your time in a cruise server is spent doing the "speed limit?"

Every time I break the limit.

Anyway to get a bit more serious, lets settle this racers vs cruisers in a race.
LTC (Live To Cruise) is organizing a 24 hour endurance race on the 14th of august. So far only cruisers have signed up and this is were you racers show your face and show your skills. So sign up here and try to beat the cruisers.

More info here and here.

Good luck (trying to) beat the cruisers.

BTW this is a direct challenge to all the "racers" who, self proclaimed, are better at racing. (Bose321 and Forbin)

EDIT: Rules and regulations can be found here
Haha cool. Good luck to all, Race safe.

Layout would be active? no? Cruisers being used to the layout might have a layout familiarity advantage. Would be sweet to see the police force target illegal street racers like in Gumball.. but for this, I guess it will be legalised that day. Track racers of course would not be used to that type of adrenaline.. Heh, don't take that the wrong way. All in good fun.
its a legit race, as in no layout, am i right?
just saw this and i gotta jump in and say that if you think that cruisers dont need lfs physics and compare them as you did then you suffer of a syndromme that some other "top" LFS racers got too.

Yes, you guys are fast. in a computer game. hat off. But being fast in a computer game is not somewhat of an achievement, and doesnt give you right to be ignorant egoist.

What sucks is that it always come from the fastest guys, you guys should be strongest links in LFS community, helping others, being sensible and not trying to put everyone down basking in your own -self perceived glory-.

Some of cruise people are really fast, and some of fast racers go and cruise sometimes. So anyone that cruise basically cant drift nor race? Sorry to break your dreams, but they can.
Quote from IKke5165 :Every time I break the limit.

Anyway to get a bit more serious, lets settle this racers vs cruisers in a race.
LTC (Live To Cruise) is organizing a 24 hour endurance race on the 14th of august. So far only cruisers have signed up and this is were you racers show your face and show your skills. So sign up here and try to beat the cruisers.

More info here and here.

Good luck (trying to) beat the cruisers.

BTW this is a direct challenge to all the "racers" who, self proclaimed, are better at racing. (Bose321 and Forbin)

Organising would be the wrong word, there's no track and no rules at it seems...
No layout is used in this race.
As for the rules and regulations, I will inform the organizers the link is broken but it can be found here
Also track will be announced shortly. But should not matter for you "racers" to compete.

Will also update initial post.

EDIT: No cruising insim will be active during the race.
Well, this tread won't die easily, will it? Anyway, I can't help myself, but these points you made here are just invalid.

Quote from NumberTwo :...if you think that cruisers dont need lfs physics and compare them as you did then you suffer of a syndromme that some other "top" LFS racers got too.

What kind of syndrome would that be? Yes, there is some tension between racers and "other-stuff-on-the-track-performers", but really, can you blame racers for being somewhat annoyed when there is a lot of cruisers crying for some cruising specific stuff? Not to mention that 90% of these suggestions are years old and have been discussed to the death.

Quote from NumberTwo :
...But being fast in a computer game is not somewhat of an achievement...

It's an achievement as anything else it. The fact that you personally don't value it much doesn't change that.

Quote from NumberTwo :
and doesnt give you right to be ignorant egoist.

So you're implying that there IS something that gives you the right to be an arrogant egoist?

Quote from NumberTwo :
What sucks is that it always come from the fastest guys, you guys should be strongest links in LFS community, helping others, being sensible and not trying to put everyone down basking in your own -self perceived glory-.

I don't think that's true. Moreover, why do you think that these "fastest guys" should be setting some sort of example on the forums? I don't think much of us care how good you are at playing LFS because it doesn't matter. Anyone around here has the right to offer help, express his/her opinion or be a dick. It's up to you which way you choose, but just the fact you have few WR's does not predestine you to anything.

Quote from NumberTwo :
Some of cruise people are really fast, and some of fast racers go and cruise sometimes. So anyone that cruise basically cant drift nor race? Sorry to break your dreams, but they can.

This is the only part of your post I agree with. This argument has been stupid from the get go and so am I right now for letting it continue...
Quote from MadCatX :Well, this tread won't die easily, will it? Anyway, I can't help myself, but these points you made here are just invalid.

What kind of syndrome would that be? Yes, there is some tension between racers and "other-stuff-on-the-track-performers", but really, can you blame racers for being somewhat annoyed when there is a lot of cruisers crying for some cruising specific stuff? Not to mention that 90% of these suggestions are years old and have been discussed to the death.

It's an achievement as anything else it. The fact that you personally don't value it much doesn't change that.

So you're implying that there IS something that gives you the right to be an arrogant egoist?

I don't think that's true. Moreover, why do you think that these "fastest guys" should be setting some sort of example on the forums? I don't think much of us care how good you are at playing LFS because it doesn't matter. Anyone around here has the right to offer help, express his/her opinion or be a dick. It's up to you which way you choose, but just the fact you have few WR's does not predestine you to anything.

This is the only part of your post I agree with. This argument has been stupid from the get go and so am I right now for letting it continue...

well as i agree that its stupid argument ill keep it short, just to answer the questions.

1. What kind of syndrome would that be? --> if you see people in lfs acting like dicks there's 50% they are top of the crop in terms of speed. Now i might be wrong, but thats what i experienced so far. And not only vs. cruisers, but also vs. new guys that came to game recently etc.

2. Well you're right here, nothing is worth of being arrogant egoist, that still doesnt go against my statement that being fast in lfs isnt worth of that too.

3. Why do i think that fastest guys should be setting an example? Well, do we want good and healthy community or no? Putting slower drivers (or in this case, drivers that prefer other styles of driving) down is not really a way to go i believe.

ps : anyhow, my post was directed at core guy, and how stupid is for someone to go on forum of a game that he doesnt play anymore and argue about it with people that actually do play.
And another flame war against cruiser/racers/drifter/draggers...

This is so sad...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Buy Burger At ACTUAL BURGER KING

****ing cruise retards...

You are basically the biggest idiot I've come across lately.

What does effing Burger King have to do with anything at all in this Community? Sorry, but if you think thats what cruising is about, you failed. It's more like >this<.

And you are reported for insulting by swearing at a specific group of people

And to comment on the rest of the thread;

I knew this was what i would get to read when i saw the title. There are those racers who just doesnt have anything else to do than flaming other kinds of drivers.... Pathetic, just stay out of the thread instead.

As for the suggestion, it would be nice to have a fully customisable city track where you could build race layouts, drift layout and even cruise layouts, at some point
I prefer racing, cargame.nl servers are good for me, I have my 4 figure point score and in between races or if I crash, I like to see how many cruise servers I can get banned from in 5mins, my record is 3.. Can you beat it?

Aside from racing I like to drift when I feel like having a relaxing more social LFS session.

There's something about cruise servers that I highly dislike, It may be the over stimulated 13 year old admins, it may be the people having fits of rage if you drive too fast for them, it may be the fact that people buy a racing simulator to drive in an environment smaller and more controlled than that outside their house..
Quote from FPVaaron :...and in between races or if I crash, I like to see how many cruise servers I can get banned from in 5mins, my record is 3.. Can you beat it?

There's something about cruise servers that I highly dislike, It may be the over stimulated 13 year old admins, it may be the people having fits of rage if you drive too fast for them, it may be the fact that people buy a racing simulator to drive in an environment smaller and more controlled than that outside their house..

No one is forcing you to drive in the so called "cruise" servers.

Quote from Scawen :If you don't like cruise servers, set "Cruise" option to "NO" in the list of hosts. One click and all your worries are solved.

People are doing what they they like, in their own (or their favorite) servers.

Quote from Scawen :
To me, cruise is simply a special mode that allows people to make their own game using our simulator. In no way have I written anything that influences cruise servers - the programmers of cruise type systems do it all themselves using the InSim interface.

Quote from Silverracer :No one is forcing you to drive in the so called "cruise" servers.

I know this, I agree they should stay for me when I'm bored
Quote from FPVaaron :I prefer racing, cargame.nl servers are good for me, I have my 4 figure point score and in between races or if I crash, I like to see how many cruise servers I can get banned from in 5mins, my record is 3.. Can you beat it?

Aside from racing I like to drift when I feel like having a relaxing more social LFS session.

Can you extend your time to 30 minutes? and keep entering to other server and get more bans , so you can earn a global 30 days ban from all servers for idioticy
Quote from Inouva :Can you extend your time to 30 minutes? and keep entering to other server and get more bans , so you can earn a global 30 days ban from all servers for idioticy

Quote from Inouva :And another flame war against cruiser/racers/drifter/draggers...

This is so sad...

Quote from FPVaaron :..

What?, what i say about your stupidity doesnt matter about the flem war

Plz Re-read your previus post and my post then , before quote me 2 times and dont make any sense
in case you are blind to see your own "Crap" i re-quote you again the important part

Quote from FPVaaron :I like to see how many cruise servers I can get banned from in 5mins, my record is 3.. Can you beat it?

And i Re-Auto quote myself again with my answer

Quote from Inouva :Can you extend your time to 30 minutes? and keep entering to other server and get more bans , so you can earn a global 30 days ban from all servers for idioticy?

And just for safety, i respect the cruiser as much i respect the reacer as much i respect the drifter as much i respect draggers

Why?, cuz i be proved all in lfs and still like it all, I be proved race/drift/cruise/and drag, and like it all, simple now i`m focused on search a team and enjoy race and fight for the positions

I be cruising for 2 years in lfs still i`m fast as a Normal racer, i be tryed Drift and fail for my mouse and kb combo, so i left , still the low succes i have in drift, i realy like it, I`be do drag some times and enjoy it

So before of quote me 2 times with no-seense , plz, dont do that, you are making fun of yourself
Quote from Inouva :What?, what i say about your stupidity doesnt matter about the flem war

Plz Re-read your previus post and my post then , before quote me 2 times and dont make any sense
in case you are blind to see your own "Crap" i re-quote you again the important part

And i Re-Auto quote myself again with my answer

And just for safety, i respect the cruiser as much i respect the reacer as much i respect the drifter as much i respect draggers

Why?, cuz i be proved all in lfs and still like it all, I be proved race/drift/cruise/and drag, and like it all, simple now i`m focused on search a team and enjoy race and fight for the positions

I be cruising for 2 years in lfs still i`m fast as a Normal racer, i be tryed Drift and fail for my mouse and kb combo, so i left , still the low succes i have in drift, i realy like it, I`be do drag some times and enjoy it

So before of quote me 2 times with no-seense , plz, dont do that, you are making fun of yourself

I am pleased to tell you with great gratitude, that I have read over your post. It is informative of your personal Live for Speed traits and an excellent source for any new racer looking to understand this great simulator.

I would also like to further thank you for your time and patience to get your point across.

Unfortunately I regret to inform you that you have failed to make any kind of impression on me.

Kind regards
TEaaron
Quote from FPVaaron :I am pleased to tell you with great gratitude, that I have read over your post. It is informative of your personal Live for Speed traits and an excellent source for any new racer looking to understand this great simulator.

I would also like to further thank you for your time and patience to get your point across.

Unfortunately I regret to inform you that you have failed to make any kind of impression on me.

Kind regards
TEaaron

And you fail to understand your idioticy , entering to a cruise server to cause havok or whatever reason you are baned and later saying that I contradict what i`m saying

And no, my point is not make you impresed by my post, i`m just pointing your stupidity in what are you doing
Quote from Inouva :And you fail to understand your idioticy , entering to a cruise server to cause havok or whatever reason you are baned and later saying that I contradict what i`m saying

And no, my point is not make you impresed by my post, i`m just pointing your stupidity in what are you doing

cruising!
hello everyone, i race with a Logitech G25 and the settings are almost perfect! But there got to be dome changes in the game like try to have real cars sponser this game i think they can do that but!... This all is about race games but this game has everything that a normal free-roam driving game needs like blinkers and headlights! Soo they van make a server with free-roam driving tracks. LFS can be in the top 10 list of best racing games if they make changes we need to contact then in a way to let then know and maybe a few things will change.? It worth a try isnt it?
Quote from aspiregamer1 :It worth a try isnt it?

No.

It's a racing simulator and the devs have stated several times already that they won't do any features specifically for cruisers.
-
(mehmet ersen) DELETED by mehmet ersen
Quote from Rascar13 :You are basically the biggest idiot I've come across lately.

What does effing Burger King have to do with anything at all in this Community? Sorry, but if you think thats what cruising is about, you failed.

Buying Burger At Burger King was a much-vaunted launch feature of some cretin's cruise server. So indeed that is what cruising is about.

Quote from Rascar13 :And you are reported for insulting by swearing at a specific group of people

I suppose it is a bit like making fun of the mentally ill.

Quote from Rascar13 :I knew this was what i would get to read when i saw the title. There are those racers who just doesnt have anything else to do than flaming other kinds of drivers.... Pathetic, just stay out of the thread instead.

This suggestion has been made a dozen times before, always by people who don't understand how much work is involved and don't understand how to use the search feature. There are those racers who have run out of patience for cruisetards and their stupid ideas.

a city just for cruising
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG