The online racing simulator
I have set up an FTP account for the storage and linkage of any photos / vids etc that anybody wants to upload.

PM me for the ftp login details.

once its uploaded the data will be available from: http://www.500servers.com/kartmeet/2010

EDIT: oh and Dan, i have your mini spy cam type camera here that you left behind. Chuck us a PM with your addy on it and i'll post it off to you.
Thanks dean, i wondered where that had disappeared to, but in the state i was in on sunday morning it wasnt really surprising that i forgot something! :drunk: :tired:
Wait Dan, you trying to say you had a little hangover?
Quote from The Very End :Wait Dan, you trying to say you had a little hangover?

Not at that point, i was just really tired, plus i was also still pissed when we left!
That explains a thing or two

Mate, we got to try meeting ofter (aswell as you other people). Social weekends works too, and I promiss to not kick Bob's ass the next time.
Quote from The Very End :That explains a thing or two

Mate, we got to try meeting ofter (aswell as you other people). Social weekends works too, and I promiss to not kick Bob's ass the next time.

Sure thing Tor! I'll stop by when im next in Norway
Firstly, thanks to Jason (and family) for going miles above and beyond the call of duty and giving us a great weekend for the second year running.

In the car on the way back we were discussing the quality of the drivers and in particular in comparison with the previous year - much improved overall we felt.

Quote from cargame.nl :Those helmet cams need to be placed on the kart itself, the next time.

At £8 a pop next year we might as well all chip in a few quid each and stick several around the track - on the apex's and walls etc...

Oh, cargame were you the chap wandering around in a black leather jacket taking pics most of the weekend?

You may find you have a picture of me sticking a figure up at you - it's not personal - just an in joke whenever there is someone with a camera - that only NickA would appreciate.

Quote from Drift King CZ :

And that telemetry won't be probably much accurate by what I saw how google tracked the way you go lol (completely different every lap seems like).

Blimey! You should have seen mine - more like a spider's web - by comparison's Nick's was brilliant!

You're right though, the GPS resolution on these isn't quite cutting it yet the average speeds and max speed look about right though and show the slow kart in action - a full 5mph slower on average!

Special mention to the pool table frolicking - I hope you're happy you screwed up my game of pool (with dollarek I think) with only an easy black left for me to win.

And a mention to Bob Smith for snuggling up to me on the sofa and saying "hello darling" and then attempting to squeeze another man's nipple - top bloke!

P.S. I should probably confess at this point (given the technical bods will work it out anyway) that it was I that was "tit1" "tit2" and "tit3" posting in the chat room on friday night - apologies if I offended anyone but it was great fun!

My favourite moment was posting that I wondered what action was going on behind the camera to which danthebangerboy shouted "There's a wall behind the camera you ****" Brilliant!

I did do a good deed by returning his jumper left at the kart track so hopefully I'm forgiven.

See you all at the next one!
Good! I could try to make some sort of meeting over at my parrents place. They have rebuilded a old farm, should be possible having many people there (30-40np, sleeping space for around 20-30). Then we could have social weekend with drunk brawling.

Not far away from airport and such either (roughly 45 mins from one), and within 1 hour there is North Europe's biggest kart track aswell.
More here, sadly only on norwegian:
http://www.vamoen-motorsportse ... t&kat=nyhet&ant=6

Either way, sorry for going off topic. Just had a great weekend and waiting 1 year before meeting you lads again is long

Edit: And rofl, sorry for that pool table game
Quote from nigelpm :
My favourite moment was posting that I wondered what action was going on behind the camera to which danthebangerboy shouted "There's a wall behind the camera you ****" Brilliant!

I had all but forgotten that i said that, glad you liked it!

Thanks for returning my jacket as well, top bloke!

i like your idea about the cameras as well, we may well need a laptop present to set up alignment of them and stuff, but i doubt that will be too much of a problem lol.
Quote from nigelpm :Oh, cargame were you the chap wandering around in a black leather jacket taking pics most of the weekend?

You may find you have a picture of me sticking a figure up at you - it's not personal - just an in joke whenever there is someone with a camera - that only NickA would appreciate.

I'm not really quickly offended. I'm used to some strange pictures of myself. If your inner is in balance the outside does not really matter (well a bit, but it's less important )

Quote from franky500 :I have set up an FTP account for the storage and linkage of any photos / vids etc that anybody wants to upload.

PM me for the ftp login details.

Good, my zip will be available when I'm bored with the Facebook thing.
@ tor... Full fart på Vamoen - are you sure you want us to take part in that lol
Quote from The Very End :My full speed tyre crash were not that smal either, but don't think anyone filmed or saw that, since from spectators veiw it was behind the building. Hurt much getting a wheel at full speed up your crouch

I actually saw that crash as i was right behind you when you got pushed over i think into the tyre wall. yeah i have to say that crash didn't look great and the marshal's took ages to get to you :P

Quote from Bob Smith :Hey I'm sorry I hit you! Maybe I could have tried to drive around you rather than just brake as that clearly didn't help much. You were certainly far more bruised than I, but that may been from the next corner. Do you know what caused the brakes to fail? Brood managed to snap the cable in one of our karts.

Its alright, when i saw you coming round i pretty much knew you wouldn't be able to do that much about it, just got ready to get hit. And yeah the next corner didn't help me. I think when you hit me the collision snapped my brakes so when i went to push the brakes there was nothing. That's what am thinking.
Haha, well that can be misleading
On my language - yes, yours - well..sure why not?

Edit: Weeman - yes lol, I was cursing and shouting while swining my arms like an idiot, but they tok like two-three laps before even trying to get me out lol!
Quote from The Very End :Edit: Weeman - yes lol, I was cursing and shouting while swining my arms like an idiot, but they tok like two-three laps before even trying to get me out lol!

Well that's because the marshalls where from "Torfaen" ;P
Haha, I love that name, silly Englishmen (I meant ofc. also the parts we were visiting, more corret term would be UK I guess) and their names

Edited Becky
Quote from The Very End :Haha, I love that name, silly Englishmen and their names

*facepalm* You do know what country you have just visited, don't you?
Quote from 1993weeman :
Its alright, when i saw you coming round i pretty much knew you wouldn't be able to do that much about it, just got ready to get hit.

Pretty much what i did when i spun it coming into the chicane..

Im not brilliant at that section at the best of times, but i knew i only had a lap or 2 left before changeover and i really didnt want to lose another position so i thought it would be a good idea to push a bit harder and drive more defensively, which lead me to try and out-brake arox, which didnt work, i misjudged it and braked just slightly too hard, combined with having only done 1/2 a lap after the red flag we had when breadc went tyre destroying lol, which meant the tyres had lost what little heat they had, brakes had cooled somewhat, meaning they were more 'bitey, which i failed to take into account, and i spun it.

Arox was no more that 3 or 4 feet away from me as it spun, i guess he was setting up an overtake for when i went hideously wide in the chicane (as i was consistantly doing there, i just cant hit the apex right) but it didnt go to plan for either of us, and i left him nowhere to go but into me.

I was even shouting 'F**K!!!!' as i spun and waited for the bang coz i knew it was coming.

Damn my sucky driving!
The Very End - lol i know i saw you, i passed you like 2 times while you were still in the gravel :P
Everyone take note for next years event, i didn't cause 1 yellow flag in the traditional [SR] Pete fashion :P

Although, I still have the image of one of the marshals jumping out of the way when our brakes failed
Pete, how the bloody hell do you drive so fast whilst looking behind you all the time? I could have grown stilts and tried going over you and you would have still bloody covered my line!
Well everyone, I'm almost recovered (well not really). Had about 6 hours sleep all weekend, but was well worth it.

I would like to thank everyone for coming and hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did. Also thanks for looking after my house (apart from the serving hatch stunt which has left a hole in one of my new walls and a bit of repainting to be done )

It was great seeing lots of old faces again and also the new ones. If anyone is wondering, arox was a lovely guy and it was a pleasure having him there, more than welcome to come back

I think the whole weekend went really well, and seeing how knackered everyone was by the end of the karting, we had plenty of track time even with the increased numbers. The karting itself was a blast, the karts were definitely better than the year before, although there were at least one super fast kart (number 6 in last race), and one slow kart (number 1 in last race). The fast kart didn't matter so much as Franky500 had it . but I did feel sorry for the Swedes, who should have said something BEFORE the event finished, as I'm sure the marshalls could have taken a look at it.

My personal karting day went very well. The first race Mark (my brother) got black flagged, then KayJay ran out of fuel, swapped karts, then I did an extra unneeded pitstop, so to come 5th wasn't so bad. In the endurance race we were determined to at least get a podium and drove like a bat out of hell, and I think all 3 of us drove very well, and to finish 4 laps ahead with the win was great!

It was good to see 6 teams take home something from the day, and Franky500 getting the Driver of the Day was a nice, and deserved touch.

Alot of us partied hard on the Friday, and I have hazy memories of Bread getting his ass out a few times on the live stream, which of course he had to better on the Saturday The Saturday started off slowly with everyone being knackered, but after a bit of food (thanks alot Tongey for cooking!) and a few beers, turned out to be another legendary night.

On Sunday I missed saying goodbye to a few people, so sorry for that (although I did stay up till 6am). We then had another BBQ, a few more beers and watched the F1 (with LFS style remote and timing). A perfect finish to a great weekend

Thanks again to everyone for coming and making it a great Kart Meet, and of course you are all welcome back next year. I have spoken to the missus and she has OK'd it, so if you would all like me to do it again, I'd be more than happy to. It gets easier each year to organise, and it also helps that alot came last time. Next year I want my bed though, not mentioning no names cargame.nl
Sounds like great fun
Watched the live stream for 5 mins or so, wasn't much happening but it was early

Maybe by next year I'll have a wheel and join in on some LFS racing
as I would love to maybe go next time, just depends on dates/work etc
Also transport getting from Scotland shouldn't be too hard
Quote from count.bazley :Pete, how the bloody hell do you drive so fast whilst looking behind you all the time? I could have grown stilts and tried going over you and you would have still bloody covered my line!

It's all about predicting what your about to do and keeping a good line to keep the speed up

@ Jason - I can't thank you and your famo enough for letting us have the event for the past couple of years! I think i can speak for all of us that we would LOVE a hattrick of G-Force karting! But don't think of that too much until we have recovered from this year! Wish i could send Lisa around to help you tidy up hehehehe
dont ask a drunk brit to do shit when drunk xD
Quote from nigelpm :In the car on the way back we were discussing the quality of the drivers and in particular in comparison with the previous year - much improved overall we felt.

I might as well open up that can of forms and come off as whiny, but I, love and behold, disagree! In my most subjective opinion the racing spirit was, at more than one occasion, dreadfully low. I quickly got used to having my rear bumper bumped (once off the track!) in T1, t-boned/dive bombed in the corkscrew as well as the following tight left hander. I, if I may say it myself, am experienced enough to know when I've been fairly beat, then I gladly make room and tip my hat to the person who overtook me, but loosing a position to someone who simply cut your line and push you out of the way spoils the fun and becomes very, very frustrating.

I am not a saint, Becky can vouch for this - But I really think we all could help to improve the fun and racing quality by trying to remember the basics of racing that this sim of ours has taught us!

With that off my chest,

Everyone! Thanks for another wonderful meet! I had loads of fun at the track as well as at Jason's! It's great to have been able to put a few more faces on the names from the forum and to have made another bunch of friends (I hope! ).

I will do my very best to attend more meets in the future!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG