The online racing simulator
Quote from BOSCHO :Scawen posted somewhere that there will be no stage 3 but the game will be finished (no stages anymore)

I remember him saying that he wants to get rid of the alpha tag.

And to repeat myself: not only is S3 announced and known to feature Rockingham and a not yet disclosed car, most of you also don't seem to grasp the concept of Demo, S1, S2 and S3. Those are just content stages totally unrelated to the version number. S1 just means you have access to the S1 content, S2 for S2 content and S3 for S3 content (once it gets released), but no matter what, all content stages including the Demo will use the same LfS version and physics features.
I've seen this too
But I think it was Victor
lol I just look'd posts from 2008 December and now I am rofling hardly!
S3 is "Salespoint 3"

Which means you have to pay to get more content ^^
I've already paid.. Just waiting for new stuff and additions.. I hope it will be there before end of summer.. or year... on Christmas.. or Early 2009
Quote from Scawen :I think you are not correct about the contempt. We're just improving this simulator. I'm trying to program the tyres to behave as realistic as possible. It takes a lot of investigation and testing.

Thank you for the reply to my post Scawen. I'm sure you can see the boost it gives the community.

Individually, contempt may seem to be overstatement in hindsight of your reply Scawen, but my comments were directed at the devs as a whole, and Eric has certainly made his feelings clear, way before stale content was an issue.

The confessions about development control in respect to Eric's releases, is most interesting, but it does raise the obvious question of why we have seen little from his area?

At this point the community is screaming for content, paid or otherwise, so it hard to understand any logical reason for the 3+ years stagnation of content.

It would be really good to see some news or insight in this area as it would give the community a big boost and get players back on the track.
Man, I remember getting excited for the VW, and that was like my freshman year of college. Now im more than halfway through college. hahaha this is getting weird.
reports say that Scawen already sent a special VWS to TVE....
This one?

Quote from cardriverx :Man, I remember getting excited for the VW, and that was like my freshman year of college. Now im more than halfway through college. hahaha this is getting weird.

you're gonna graduate and wont have the car...

maybe even start a family
Quote from cardriverx :Man, I remember getting excited for the VW, and that was like my freshman year of college. Now im more than halfway through college. hahaha this is getting weird.

Yeah, same for me, I started university when the first quotes from that german website showed up. I made like 300 pages of projects in that time, moved once, found a girl, brought my car in for inspection twice, bought a new wheel, built my H-shifter ....If my first kid shows up earlier than that car I may name him Scawen as a warning
I can accsess lfs.net, guess it were just an normal error then
Quote from Macfox :Thank you for the reply to my post Scawen. I'm sure you can see the boost it gives the community.

Individually, contempt may seem to be overstatement in hindsight of your reply Scawen, but my comments were directed at the devs as a whole, and Eric has certainly made his feelings clear, way before stale content was an issue.

The confessions about development control in respect to Eric's releases, is most interesting, but it does raise the obvious question of why we have seen little from his area?

At this point the community is screaming for content, paid or otherwise, so it hard to understand any logical reason for the 3+ years stagnation of content.

It would be really good to see some news or insight in this area as it would give the community a big boost and get players back on the track.

i agree 100 %

makes me wonder if they even care as it takes alot less then 3 years to model physics...

but people pay hard earned cash for s2...

if you dont want people complaining... give the game away for free
I don't believe it...
It's probably just a troll.
A message from devs to confirm that would be good
i hope its the official page :S
100% Hoax
Here we go again.
Who said they would release new physics at same time?

Scawen said there will be a test patch phase soon.

Maybe they will implement the physics later on in testing.

Anyway, wont get my hopes up.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :IMO if the devs wanted to make an annoucement, they'd make it on LFSF. They've always done it this way.

That is true.
I am making a really big effort in not believing this...
It's sooo tempting ^^
If that's a joke, then it's really well done :P
Quote from DevilDare :Who said they would release new physics at same time?

Scawen said there will be a test patch phase soon.

Maybe they will implement the physics later on in testing.

Anyway, wont get my hopes up.

Why do you think the Scirocco and Rockingham are being delayed? Because the VWS NEEDS the new physics.

They said there will be TEST patch before it is released, and according to twitter it's like an official release.

It's fake guys, chill.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG