The online racing simulator
Intergrating Twitter into Facebook Newsfeed
(13 posts, started )
I've been Googling for about ten minutes but can't find what I'm looking for, so I wonder if you guys can help...

I'm looking for a Facebook app that posts other people's tweets onto my newsfeed. So much jargon, here's it simplified: I want the tweets from the people I'm following to be available to me on Facebook without having to visit twitter.com. Does anybody know of any apps that do this?
I don't see why you can't just go onto Twitter :/

Sorry though, not helpful, but I have no idea. Only one that posts your tweets.
hrm. It would technically be possible to do it as an app within facebook, I don't know if FB privacy settings would allow you to integrate the feeds if you took that approach though.

I don't know of anything off the top of my head that does this, I guess it would be possible to make a script that does this.

Twitter is quite easy to develop for, I get the impression Facebook is easy once you know how but i've never tried.
#4 - mr_x
Echofon Firefox addon - Twitter is on a handy little button on the bottom right of the browser, easily accessable, and just there in general! Much better than integrating it on facebook.
If there's a way to make it so I don't have to visit more websites than I have to, then I want it! I like to have a bunch of stuff on Facebook. I follow a tonne of websites that way; the content comes to me rather than me having to find it.

Of course, I use RSS feeds as well but twitter ain't exactly ideal for that.

Ah, and thanks mr x! I didn't really think about browser add-ons. I'm using Chrome, but maybe there's a similar addon for it. But if anyone finds a Facebook one, let me know.
#6 - mr_x
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
Ah, and thanks mr x! I didn't really think about browser add-ons. I'm using Chrome, but maybe there's a similar addon for it. But if anyone finds a Facebook one, let me know.

Biggest plus side for Firefox IMO is addons, no doubt Chrome will have something there too!

There's a slightly bigger more chunky addon that shows where your bookmarks do on firefox called YooNo which can have twitter and facebook feeds on top of each other. I used it for about a week and couldn't get used to it, too chunky for my liking. I think there's a desktop version of it too though. Again, might be available for Chrome too.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :If there's a way to make it so I don't have to visit more websites than I have to, then I want it! I like to have a bunch of stuff on Facebook. I follow a tonne of websites that way; the content comes to me rather than me having to find it.

Of course, I use RSS feeds as well but twitter ain't exactly ideal for that.

Try this for Chrome.
Thanks guys for the info. Chromed Bird seems to be pretty ideal since it's a nice subtle icon that actually provides a lot of information when clicked on. It seems to be almost what I'm after.
#9 - Joe93
Have you tried tweetdeck? it has your twitter and facebook updates in one application and you can update both via the app itself. Very handy and nice app to use
just wait, 6 months from now zuck will sell facebook to twitter anyways.
Wow, Tweetdeck is kind of cool! It feels a little bloaty but I think it could be extremely useful. I'll give it a test run of a few days.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :If there's a way to make it so I don't have to visit more websites than I have to, then I want it! I like to have a bunch of stuff on Facebook. I follow a tonne of websites that way; the content comes to me rather than me having to find it.

Also, if you have a Symbian or Android mobile phone, you can use Socially, which lets you not only receive desktop updates on your phone as people update their Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare, but also post your own updates (incluing GeoTagging with your GPS position), automatically sync friends' photos with Phone Contacts, view Caller's social info on incoming calls, block unwanted calls, and more.
www.sociallyapp.com

The app is free but data transfer taxes from your carrier will apply.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG