The online racing simulator
Tour De France
(35 posts, started )
Quote from AstroBoy :Im more in awe at the couch cycling experts.
Just a reminder that its "A gentlemens code" to not attack when a rival has a problem nothing is written in the rules. And had Andy of had Sanchez in his group no one would really care cause he would still be in yellow.

I know what I'm talking about as I go out and race on a real bike in real life too. Its how it works, and if you want to trick yourself into this "Gentlemens Code" rubbish then feel free, but it doesn't exist. Maybe just not with who you race.
Quote from piggy501 :I know what I'm talking about as I go out and race on a real bike in real life too. Its how it works, and if you want to trick yourself into this "Gentlemens Code" rubbish then feel free, but it doesn't exist. Maybe just not with who you race.

Oh im not disagreeing, i know full well there is no gentlemens code when racing.
I once called a guy through to try and catch the leading group, he didnt a faster rider came past and he jumped straight on his wheel. I had to chase down the gap alone...then ended up finishing 3rd but thats another story.

Im just saying that people and commentators use this unwritten "Gentlemens code" to try and justify Andys side, but its Andys fault for probably having the gears in some ridiculous ratio.

Found this nice little quote from Cadel in the Herald sun.

"Evans believes Contador was not at fault by not waiting for race leader Andy Schleck when the Luxembourger dropped a chain on stage 15.

"One thing is we're racing. It is racing. If we waited every time something went wrong, we'd still be at stage 3 by now, waiting for someone to adjust there underpants," he said.."
At the end of the day, what's done is done, and we'll all blame the mechanic.
oh my god. i just watched history in the making. what a battle!
Too bad, Schleck couldn't get 60 seconds or more on him.

Saturday would have been very interesting then.
I never did think Schleck would get away, he would try a a few attacks but wouldnt get very far, though DAMN when Contador went i thought it was all over but he came back.
Was a good battle except for those crazy spectators, and the gap when they went like 1:20 they closed down the gap in like 45 seconds was mental
What's going on there?

Schleck 6 seconds faster than Contador at the first split.
omg omg omg
And he falters at the end of a 52km time trial....you did see that coming didnt you? You cant win a time trial in the first 20km but you can loose it and in this case a chance at a yellow jersey.
Quote from AstroBoy :And he falters at the end of a 52km time trial....you did see that coming didnt you? You cant win a time trial in the first 20km but you can loose it and in this case a chance at a yellow jersey.

At least he tried.

If he didn't attack in the first 20 kms he would have lost half a minute or something there already and I don't think he could have gained that in the second half.

Tour De France
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG