The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :I think my iPhone must have a fault - apparently (according to people on the internet who have no qualifications on the matter) it has a design fault that causes the aerial to drop 'bars' if you hold it the wrong way.

Mine doesn't. I think mine (and all the ones in the shop, as well as 7 of my friends who now have iPhone 4s) must have been made wrong, thus bypassing the design fault (that, if it was a design fault, should affect every iPhone 4)...

But as it doesn't, I still can't believe it's a design fault.

stop acting stupid
jobs even did a press conference in which he admitted in a completely unprecedented move that the design was flawed
Quote from Shotglass :stop acting stupid
jobs even did a press conference in which he admitted in a completely unprecedented move that the design was flawed

If you note the keynote... He does mention that SOME users are having the flaw, not all, and that the support calls and issues are DOWN from the iPhone 3GS, while sales in the same timeframe are up.

It doesn't really matter anyways. I'll be buying one, I'll be using atleast a bumper case as I don't really wanna destroy my 700$ phone either. It's a non-issue.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If you note the keynote... He does mention that SOME users are having the flaw, not all

do you really expect a company as good at lying as apple to outright admit that theyve messed up big time?
the press conference is as much of an admission of guilt as you could ever expect from someone who only knows how to do marketing

Quote :and that the support calls and issues are DOWN from the iPhone 3GS

duh... how would someone make a support call with a phone that doesnt work?
Quote from Shotglass :do you really expect a company as good at lying as apple to outright admit that theyve messed up big time?
the press conference is as much of an admission of guilt as you could ever expect from someone who only knows how to do marketing

duh... how would someone make a support call with a phone that doesnt work?

... These magical things called landline phones? A Payphone? A relatives phone? Their own iPhone that works unless you give it a perfect grip to kill it, which every phone has the same flaw in its own unique manner.

It's being overblown. Cases are a needed thing in these days, where everyone has an 800$ smartphone. It's a non-issue, but the media have grabbed it as a "MAJOR FLAW" in the era of Apple producing perfect products... I guess it says something when THIS is the kind of straws that people need to grasp at, to try to harm Apple.

Meanwhile Microsoft consistently puts out flawed products.. Products so flawed, that even they admit defeat after 2 months (Kin). Flaws are just run of the mill for Microsoft, that it's accepted. Maybe once Microsoft produces something good, they'll get press for it too!
At least Microsoft can admit what they have made is a load of crap. They admitted it with the first few revisions of the Xbox 360 is faulty. They also admitted Vista was crap.
Quote from Shotglass :stop acting stupid

Why does the design issue not affect all phones then? Surely if it was a design issue it would be a problem inherent in every iPhone 4? Thus I presume it's a batch issue (a manufacturing issue rather than a design one), a software problem (apparently not), or a problem for people with particularly conductive skin...
Quote from tristancliffe :Why does the design issue not affect all phones then? Surely if it was a design issue it would be a problem inherent in every iPhone 4? Thus I presume it's a batch issue (a manufacturing issue rather than a design one), a software problem (apparently not), or a problem for people with particularly conductive skin...

There can still be a design issue if it makes the product more susceptible to problems but doesn't make itself apparent in all cases. A door frame that's 2 metres tall is perfectly usable for the vast majority of the public, but for that small minority that's over 2 metres tall it would seem like a design issue.
But if I watch the Youtube videos of the "Death Grip" (as it seems to have been stupidly named), and emulate that exactly (and with slight variations), I cannot make it lose reception, either before or since 4.0.1...

And I have 7 friends with the iPhone 4, and none of them have problems either, whether it is me playing with their phone or them playing with their own phone (or mine).

I'd be happy to admit there was a real design flaw with it if I could emulate it at least once. But as a minority of users on the internet have the flaw (mostly in the US it seems), then one has to assume it's an issue with an early batch or batches.
Quote from Luke.S :At least Microsoft can admit what they have made is a load of crap. They admitted it with the first few revisions of the Xbox 360 is faulty. They also admitted Vista was crap.

And Kin One and Two.

Both are freaking terrible. Microsoft should lock themselves in for a couple of months and think what they done.
I think that ppl that buy apple gadgets, are a sort of modern cult. None of them could ever see the faulth that Steve makes

Android RULES !!
Quote from alland44 :I think that ppl that buy apple gadgets, are a sort of modern cult. None of them could ever see the faulth that Steve makes

Android RULES !!

Clearly you don't see the fact that Android sucks. It's clunky as hell. Not to mention very ugly.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Clearly you don't see the fact that Android sucks. It's clunky as hell. Not to mention very ugly.

I think that my HTC Desire is much, much more beautiful than the Iphone
With flashplayer, and the possibility of changing the battery and memory !

My Desire does multitasking and have a 1 Ghz processor and Amoleds - Things that you will pay much money for, in the newest Iphone.
I rest my case !!

EDIT :
And Iphone owners hide their phones in a rubber thingie !?
And covers the glass with plastic protection - HUH !!
Quote from alland44 :I think that my HTC Desire is much, much more beautiful than the Iphone

My Desire does multitasking and have a 1 Ghz processor and Amoleds - Things that you will pay much money for, in the newest Iphone.
I rest my case !!

Couldnt agree more, the Desire is the best phone on the market in terms of spec, and imo visually the best too the android OS is far better than the Iphone OS. I was going to upgrade to the Desire but i was offered a free HTC Legend as a replacment for my phone without any new contract ect

The whole signal issue with the Iphone 4 is a failure imo. They have said that it was blown out my the media, but thats what is going to happen when you advertise your phone so much and claim its the "best smartphone on the market".
Quote from alland44 :I think that my HTC Desire is much, much more beautiful than the Iphone

I rest my case !!

EDIT :
And Iphone owners hide their phones in a rubber thingie !?
And covers the glass with plastic protection - HUH !!

You might be blind if you think the HTC Desire is good looking, it's still running Android, which is ugly as sin.. Then it has like.. all those buttons. Then, becuase Android sucks for touch.. they decide to throw a trackpad in it too!... It's not a nice phone.

As stated before, Flash sucks. It's entirely proprietory, a system pig, and really is only good for serving advertisments. Good job, your Android platform can now experience Adverts as they are meant to be seen!

My iPhone does multitasking enough for me.. heck, I don't even really need the multitasking it does. I'm pretty sure I'd take an really high-res (for size) display, versus anything else. More pixels are always better. Expandable memory is overrated, especially with everything being in the cloud more and more. On phone storage is becoming more and more dated.

Also, I'm sure anyone in their right mind would be protecting their 800$ device from being dropped... Especially when it is made out of Glass and aluminium.. rather than plastic.

Your HTC phone is nothing more than a plastic toy. Come get a real smartphone one day, and we'll talk.
My mate bought some expensive HTC, not sure, it could be Desire... he hates the thing, avoids sending SMS cause it's a bitch to do it..
I don't understand how people don't realise that more power doesn't mean better... 1ghz CPU? Pfff, compare the smoothness in scrolling, zooming, anything, the sensitivity of the touch screen, compare any Android with 3GS, even 3G, and you'll see what i'm talking about.. It's just so much smoother and easier to use on the iPhone it's not even funny..
But i guess it's cool to hate popular things, that's (god knows why) in many people's nature..
"bitch to do"?

Open Messaging

Tap "New message"

Tap the "To" box, start typing and it will suggest contacts

Tap the "Type to compose box" and start typing your message

Press send.

Done.

What more could you want?
I meant in terms of actually typing, the touchscreen quality etc..
Quote from tristancliffe :Why does the design issue not affect all phones then? Surely if it was a design issue it would be a problem inherent in every iPhone 4? Thus I presume it's a batch issue (a manufacturing issue rather than a design one), a software problem (apparently not), or a problem for people with particularly conductive skin...

for the millions time it does affect all phones and anyone with an ounce of knowledge in antenna engineering (ie not you) is able to see the fundemantal design flaw for what it is
Quote from Shotglass :for the millions time it does affect all phones and anyone with an ounce of knowledge in antenna engineering (ie not you) is able to see the fundemantal design flaw for what it is

Not a flaw at all, as it's not an issue on all iPhone 4 handsets, just a select quantity of them?

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG