The online racing simulator
Eric may be holding content for S3 and I don't blame him for that, that's the logical thing to do, giving free stuff may keep the user base, releasing a bunch of new content as a paid update will bring back those users and give a well deserved boost on sales.

I just wished this was sooner than later, I love this sim, but I don't find my self craving for it anymore.
Thank you for the update Scawen

Quote from manneF1 :yup, I agree the post above, tyre physics wont do anything that special, there will be just the same cars, diffrent to drive still. LFS needs more cars, I would go that over realism

Go buy a playstation or a x-box, the point with a SIMULATOR is accualy REALISTIC handeling not a ton of cars you never drive
Quote from Baldi :But if nobody is stopping anybodys work - there is still some time to wonder why there are still some ugly Cockpits left. I think it is a shame that something that looked so good (XRT-Cockpit and so on) was not brought to end. I miss those nice Cockpits everytime i drive cars without it, and everytime i think about why you guys left them out AND not released them yet.

Sorry that this was my first post, but that was what i wanted to ask if scawen is reading in here.

I don't understand that too. But I doubt we will ever get an answer to this question cause it's not asked for the first time.
It's no problem for me to work for some years on the tyrephysics. If we are getting closer to realism, be it so. But not to release any new content, or at least some updates over so many years?? Seems strange to me. And I guess the bad mood in here is strongly because of that fact.

Man I'm around since 2003...and this long long wait is by far the biggest let down for the community over these years.

Please Eric give us some information about the progress. And please don't tell us to move on...most of the people in here deserve a respectful answer as they did a lot for LFS by doing some community work. (Videos, Leagues, the passion...)
Looks like some people didint go my point when I said more cars would be needed. I was not talking about NFS, where you can drive epic Pagani 300kmh to wall and nothing happens. I was refering what spicy said upper that one more car to GTR´s and tracks would be nice. But I gotta remember, there are only three devs, what makes fast deploing hard. I might take my words back, what I said on upper, I guess I was just tried, and bored I dont want LFS to be like NFS.
Quote from amp88 :I don't know how many people could honestly say they were happy with the development speed of LFS, but I can honestly say that I'm happy that the people developing LFS aren't happy to release a new patch until it's been written and tested properly.

This x 1000 and I for one am happy to wait for this patch.

Quote from hp999 :A new version is getting ready for the beta testers?
That 'means' something for us!

Ofcourse there is something for us, we just still dont' know when. Just because it might be going to beta testers soon doesn't mean we get it anytime soon. But for now, lets all revel in the fact that we got an update.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Keep up the great work Scawen, some of us do pay attention to your words, not that you would know it by reading this thread. This thread actually reminds me of The Wise and Foolish Builders, Scawen being the wise man who built his house on rock, the complainers being the foolish men who built their houses on sand.

Maybe the foolish wanted to live in a house before they froze to death waiting for that brick one to be finished
Quote from Greboth :
Ofcourse there is something for us, we just still dont' know when. Just because it might be going to beta testers soon doesn't mean we get it anytime soon. But for now, lets all revel in the fact that we got an update.

What I meant by that is we don't have to wait for another 18 months for an update.
Guys, if we will have a new global physics, things might get easier, since the devs won't have to make a specified physics for everything, they want to add, if they add a truck, a tractor, a tank, an airship, or whatever, the physics will be able to determine it's movement by their shape, without need the programming of everything independently. The next patch won't bring something big. It just makes something even bigger to come later!
I don't want to sound like an ass, but my point of veiw is:
A lot of talk - no action.
There really is nothing "propper" "true" "solid" or what you call it statements, it's just what's said before wrapped up in a new package.

As someone stated earlier, the problems with LFS is not the physics, but the track part. We have a lot of cars allready, and the physics have their challenges but overall more than fine enough, track part?

I am thankfull for the information, but it gave no kind of valuable answers. Of course 99% of this forum knows the devs are still working on the game, there is no denying on that, we know it takes time because quality comes before quantity, but the ever-asking-question : what about the tracks?

Leagues, quick races and genereally all the racing in LFS struggles to keep the fun factor up due to 5 year old tracks. Some of them have recived some updates, but it's still the same. Boobs are epic, silicon too, but it's still just the same pair of boobies.
I guess most of you got that metaphore (typo)

But again, thanks Scawen for the update. The information given about the AI were solid, good information, and I apreciate you for taking the time with us. I know you don't like blogging, but please do post some more on the forum, thoughts, opinions, replying to the comminty - and we're gold.
We have our disagrees on hows things should be said or not, but I think it's safe to say that I would not stay around since 03 if I had not enjoyed your product a lot
Quote from The Very End :Boobs are epic, silicon too, but it's still just the same pair of boobies.

You get bored of boobs?, weird guy!!!
Quote from danowat :You get bored of boobs?, weird guy!!!

Even you started on a diet and exercise regime Dan.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Even you started on a diet and exercise regime Dan.

Man boobs are a whole different kettle of kippers
This is really ridiculous, tbh.

People moan for a "progress report". Scawen gives one. People aren't happy about the content of that report and whine some more.

:rolleyes:
Quote from zeugnimod :This is really ridiculous, tbh.

People moan for a "progress report". Scawen gives one. People aren't happy about the content of that report and whine some more.

:rolleyes:

What is ridiculous is the people that are always here trying to state anyone´s opinion as "whining". What I read in the last couple of pages of this thread were mostly positive comments, and even the ones that were not so positive were written in a polite and construtive manner. If I was developing and selling a product, I would be quite happy to have this kind of feedback from my clients.
Quote from chunkyracer :What is ridiculous is the people that are always here trying to state anyone´s opinion as "whining". What I read in the last couple of pages of this thread were mostly positive comments, and even the ones that were not so positive were written in a polite and construtive manner. If I was developing and selling a product, I would be quite happy to have this kind of feedback from my clients.

Well, then change "whining" to "complaining". Doesn't matter.

It's essentially the same things that have been said in the last 60 pages of this thread.

I just find it funny that Scawen now does what many people wanted and those people still complain because they didn't like what he said.
Quote from zeugnimod :I just find it funny that Scawen now does what many people wanted and those people still complain because they didn't like what he said.

My words
Quote from Flame CZE :Anyway, it's a bit sad to look at some posts in this thread, where some people say/think that the Devs are dead or stopped working on LFS - in fact they announced that they are working on tyre physics, planning to include a new car and a new track - and many people actually wish to have some new cars and/or tracks and/or better physics.

Quote from Flame CZE :My words

The question is that, from what we can gather from Scawen´s posts, the next patch will only include the Scirocco, announced 2 years ago, and the tyre physics update, and not the new track and car announced as S3 content. And there´s also this:
Quote from Scawen :
It's up to Eric what of his work gets released, never have I tried to stop something of his being released!

Which means that at least some updates on the current cars and tracks could be part of the next patch. So, I find logical that people, once again, express their opinion about this subject. Like I said before, as long as it´s done in a polite and construtive manner I don´t see any problem with it.
@chunkyracer: Why do you think so about the Scawens statement on Eric? Eric can release his updates whenever he wants, and Scawen doesn't want to stop him from that, that's good, isn't it?
Thank you for the new informations Scawen.
I'm also prefer the stability and quality, what is rare today - it is higher priority and value, I also not prefer quick release of unfinished and bug-full product.
I have understanding, and I agree with you.
Good luck to further developing
Quote from The Very End :Boobs are epic, silicon too, but it's still just the same pair of boobies.

Yes but silicon boobs don't feel as good as the real deal.
I would really love to see some kind of reports from Eric.
Silence from him bugs me most of all.

We never know what is he doing until it's done and released.

Even an .jpeg texture/headreast of a car/kurb model/wireframe model of a bonnet he is working on would make my day/month/year.
Quote from Flame CZE :@chunkyracer: Why do you think so about the Scawens statement on Eric? Eric can release his updates whenever he wants, and Scawen doesn't want to stop him from that, that's good, isn't it?

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse son.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG