The online racing simulator
Gaint Hogweed.
(60 posts, closed, started )
Gaint Hogweed.
Quote from AtomAnt :any advice if infected by it?

There's advise in the wiki article you linked.
Quote from farcar :There's advise in the wiki article you linked.

Yes i read that, I'm asking if anyone has a home remedy, my 80 year old friend made contact with it by grabbing it and pulling it out, I will try to get pics of her hands for you today...talk about HARSH..looks like she stuck her hands in acid.

She rubbed her hands with an Aloe Vera plant and started screaming, what wiki didn't say...is this like poision oak...can it be passed by touching her hands, or if she touches her face?

Keep in mind, We Canadians have never seen this plant before...all of a sudden it's popping up.

Talk about nature fighting back.

I'm looking for someone from EU that has seen or been exposed to this plant.

Thanks for your input.

Ant
I personally havnent seen this around here, yet. But we got some that pretty much look similar to this one. Weird. Waiting for the pictures ...
#5 - AMB
Smoke it.
Quote from AMB :Smoke it.

That was my first thought...wonder what it would do to ones lungs...

Hey Doc, my lungs are really itching, Can you scratch them for me?

Nano bots ...
Part of my garden is covered in the stuff (it grows wild round here) and it is nasty stuff. The only advice I've been given is don't make contact with it.

All I do is go out when I get a moment and cut down a section of plants, then splash the area in weed killer.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Part of my garden is covered in the stuff (it grows wild round here) and it is nasty stuff. The only advice I've been given is don't make contact with it.
All I do is go out when I get a moment and cut down a section of plants, then splash the area in weed killer.

Holy ZChit, you've got that in america as well...it's really rare in North America...call someone if you have that much.

I heard you have to dig up the roots and then salt that earth...I tried ROUNDUP..and the dam plant started smoking, .

I'm going to try Vinegar today and see what happens.

Thanks for the input...any other advice gents?

Ant
Quote from AtomAnt :Holy ZChit, you've got that in america as well...it's really rare in North America...call someone if you have that much.

I heard you have to dig up the roots and then salt that earth...I tried ROUNDUP..and the dam plant started smoking, .

I'm going to try Vinegar today and see what happens.

Thanks for the input...any other advice gents?

Ant

I'm in Blightly, but okay.

If it has already started seeding then you're already too late to stop it coming back next year as the seeds can lay dormant for up to 50 years (according to the book I used). I just used some cheapo weed killer. The guy up the roads advice was jut take a strimmer to them and cut them down to ground level then use lots of weed killer and finally cover the whole area with carpet, black bags, anything to stop sunlight getting to what is left of the pants. The following year you can take it off, and you should be clear.
Common as muck around here, do not use the stem as a pea shooter
OMG, just got a call from the hospital saying my 80 year old friend has been admitted to the hospital and is now on a ventilator, she touched her face, and while she does have asthma , this is to much...die while weeding your garden.

What next...Triffards. (Old sci fi Movie)
#12 - msb
O.O
mental note: always remember to research about unknown plants before touching them (or breathing near them).
I'm really impressed about what happened to your friend. Hope he gets well.
About the plant, my advice would be: build a house on that land, I bet it won't come back. ;-/
I suggest the infamous Russian method of "Scorched Earth".

When I saw the subject and the poster of this thread I assumed it would be about obtaining herbal cannabis for his large pet pig, but it's about gardening and plant related stuff! I'm am both confused and pleasantly suprised, hopefully threads like this will minimise our forums carbon footprint. [etals:]
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :When I saw the subject and the poster of this thread I assumed it would be about obtaining herbal cannabis for his large pet pig, but it's about gardening and plant related stuff! I'm am both confused and pleasantly suprised, hopefully threads like this will minimise our forums carbon footprint. [etals:]

Yah Nut...lol

My friend is going to be ok, although her hands will be useless for a couple of weeks. Doc said some peopel suffer the effects of that plant for years, even exposing the affected area to direct sunlight can be painful.
You can't remove it, soon it will creep into your house and it will penetrate into your skin and eat you alive.
The stems are hollow - couldn't you cut a hole in the side and pour something horrible into the hole (like bleach) to kill it?
#18 - JJ72
Quote from Crashgate3 :The stems are hollow - couldn't you cut a hole in the side and pour something horrible into the hole (like bleach) to kill it?

for every single one?
Ach see them everyday. Just cut them with a strimmer (safely) then dump gallons of tescos own brand weedkiller all over it then cover it up away from the sunlight. Simple in theory.
tabasco sauce in the hole for the stem
Thanks Guys, some of this info has been useful, and others had given me a good laugh.

AAnt
Yikes, hope your friend recovers well.

They've started to fence these things off in some recreational trails complete with poison plant warning signs.
Quote from hazaky :I personally havnent seen this around here, yet. But we got some that pretty much look similar to this one. Weird. Waiting for the pictures ...

hiid-karuputk?
it's around here also as i'm aware...

edit* i remember now that i've seen it few times before, it was few meters high. (i was in school back then and it seemed to be twice as tall as me , teacher strictly forbidded us even to go near them)
Some people might get confused and mix them up with rather similiar looking(smaller) and harmless plant what grows on almost every field.
I request that you stop making shit threads.
Quote from Klutch :I request that you stop making shit threads.

Why is this thread shit? Because you don't care doesn't mean that we don't care...move on!
This thread is closed

Gaint Hogweed.
(60 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG