This is allowed? :D
(151 posts, started )
Seriously, this shouldn't be a HLVC issue..? The physics just need updating, so that hitting the bumps with that speed will wreck your suspension to the extent that the car is undriveable, like it would in real life.
Having realistic damage physics to that extent is way too difficult for now. Not because it’s impossible to calculate… but imagine what would happen on the slightest lag contact if cars chassis had realistic strength limits. It would be impossible to race at all.

Also road cars would definitely have problems going over those bumps, but I don’t think purpose built race cars would have that much of a problem. Those green areas are supposed to be for emergency run off… what’s the point for that space to exist if it doesn’t slow the car significantly but just destroys its suspension?
Quote from kaynd :Also road cars would definitely have problems going over those bumps, but I don’t think purpose built race cars would have that much of a problem. Those green areas are supposed to be for emergency run off… what’s the point for that space to exist if it doesn’t slow the car significantly but just destroys its suspension?

Not sure if I understand what you mean, but surely purpose-built race cars have such stiff suspension, they are actually much more vulnerable to those speed bumps, compared to road cars?
As for the green area; that's what I'm trying to say.. it should slow down the car significantly, but otherwise wreck the suspension [if you fail to slow down enough]. Look at the Monaco GP of last weekend.. or T1 at Monza.. you can use the green area for emergency run off, but those "sleeping policemen" force you to brake so hard, that you actually lose time by doing it. The latter is not the case in LFS.
Quote from traxxion :Not sure if I understand what you mean, but surely purpose-built race cars have such stiff suspension, they are actually much more vulnerable to those speed bumps, compared to road cars?

Yes the stiff suspention makes things worse but purpose built racecars have a lot stronger/rigid chasis and suspention components.

Quote from traxxion :you can use the green area for emergency run off, but those "sleeping policemen" force you to brake so hard, that you actually lose time by doing it.

That would be ideal. But I guess its difficult to have different friction constants for each sufrace in LFS track modeling engine. (Or it's just that current development progress rythm doesn't leave any room for this :ouch
Today discovered a new cutting place -FE2R(see attachments). Or maybe it is allowed ?
Attached images
lfs_00001066.jpg
I think with 2 wheels on the road or kerb , there is no problem.

They really need to rework hotlap validation and use those white lines as a border.
This is just silly.
Edit: Of course, it's not on high priority for them, I know.
Quote from BlackEye :
They really need to rework hotlap validation and use those white lines as a border.
This is just silly.
Edit: Of course, it's not on high priority for them, I know.

lfs developers priority list :

1. wake up
2. look at forums
3. everyone still seems to be complaining
4. go back to sleep
Quote from ChristijaNL :I think with 2 wheels on the road or kerb , there is no problem.

Yeah, the white lines mean nothing in HLVC.
It's the same for everybody, sometimes i don't understand what the fuzz is about.
Quote from ChristijaNL :I think with 2 wheels on the road or kerb , there is no problem.

As the man said. 2 wheels on a kerb is okay for HLVC. Of course, some people might say the white lines should be taken for HLVC, but this is a deep debate, a lot deeper than the problem of making a fair hotlap system in an online simulator. If you see in real life, kerbs are getting larger and larger so people can actually go 4 wheels on them on some tracks, and this often creates a lot of discussion on whether it should be allowed or not.

Quote from NickC :It's the same for everybody, sometimes i don't understand what the fuzz is about.

The problem is that HLCV is very forgiving on some tracks, therefore people have to do auto-moderation in order to figure out whether they should upload their hotlap or not.

For example, hitting the wall at 150 kph at the penultimate corner of so3r will still make your hotlap legal HLVC wise. Does this mean you should upload it? It's clear that your lap is against the spirit of the rules, therefore I personnally do not think it'd be fair to upload it.

This example is a lot stronger than Criminal-Team's, but in the end I pretty much think it sum-up the whole problem with HLVC.
As we are racing (finding the ideal line) I think its stupid to limit those things. Ofcourse it would be nice if things what you cant do in rl would be limited (hiting wall, driving on bump at KY should damage your suspension or tyres/rims more)
Have to agree with you a bit greybull. Good point on the wallhitting. Hate that
i think it should go something like if you hit a wall and if the wall wasnt there you would go off the track, then it shouldnt count. but about the curb issue; i think that the curbs should count if its only 2 wheels. any more then that, and it shouldnt count. they are part of the track, but should not be used to gain a time advantage.
Quote from logitekg25 :i think it should go something like if you hit a wall and if the wall wasnt there you would go off the track, then it shouldnt count. but about the curb issue; i think that the curbs should count if its only 2 wheels. any more then that, and it shouldnt count. they are part of the track, but should not be used to gain a time advantage.

In theory, whenever you hit a wall, it means that you would have gone off the track if the wall wasn't there...

IMHO wall-hitting should be no-go on hotlap, no matters the circumstances. It's impossible to "allow only small brushes" or this kind of compromises, otherwise there's always gonna be controversy and people pretending that "my hotlap should be valid, as I hit the wall less hard than X whose hotlap is legal", etc.
well if you just barely tap a wall in a way that if it wasnt there a curb would have allowed you to stay on track

and yeah but what if you literally just scraped a wall with a mirror, or something similar
IMO:
Two wheels on track, even if the curb is big enough for 4. Not two wheels on track - invalid.

Any contact with wall - invalid.

If not it will just be a mass hysteria and discussion every time if the tap is "ok" or not "ok".
LOL ! Today watched KY3R XFG, XRG, LX4 WR hotlaps on hotlap analyser.
This epic thread is still alive!

Can somebody send me a good button clutch script?

Thanks

WR drivers.. Ppff...
Quote from cargame.nl :This epic thread is still alive!

Thanks

WR drivers.. Ppff...

Button clutch is so much 2008... Now, to hunt WRs with style, put on your brand new speedh4x
Quote from cargame.nl :This epic thread is still alive!

Thanks

WR drivers.. Ppff...

Pfftt, you want that Macro shizz :P Aparently thats the stuff
Apparently yes.. Apparently...

You never used it to set WR's of course.
Quote from cargame.nl :Apparently yes.. Apparently...

You never used it to set WR's of course.

What you mean? :P
dont need scripts for it, you can fix it in logitech profiler within 2 minuts
Quote from Rudy van Buren :dont need scripts for it, you can fix it in logitech profiler within 2 minuts

Thanks for revealing that, Rudy.

Not like many didn't know it was such an easy task mind...

This is allowed? :D
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG