The online racing simulator
Days of thunder
(27 posts, started )
#1 - KeMoT
Days of thunder
Could anyone do a skin of Cole Trickle's car ?
Sorry I don't attach any material like screens but all I could find was that tiny scan of Amiga video game cover.
Attached images
po.6986851.jpg
#3 - KeMoT
Yes Yello Mello and Hardeer ones ( the final winning car, not Cole's ).
Has anybody ever done LFS skins out of them ? if not, could anybody make ?
#4 - X-Ter
If you do a quick search around the Nascar Heat and NR2003 fourms I'm sure you'll find at least a few pictures of it. Than some of the awesome painters could have a go at it from there
I almost recall someone doing one a long time ago for the XRT in S1... those were the days
#6 - X-Ter
Felt like I had some time so I downloaded it for Nascar Heat and took pictures for you
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
#7 - KeMoT
Quote from X-Ter :Felt like I had some time so I downloaded it for Nascar Heat and took pictures for you

Thank you very much
Now, maybe some skinner would nicely make it for LFS with Cole Trickle writing on the side

Please... :-)
what about the rest of the cars he had a few, and they all looked awsome. *watches movie again*
Yes the best Nescar movie then i ever see.
Like this? Sorry about the size
Attached images
multicar.jpg
Oh yes the city ( green and yellow skin ), gimme it, I am begging you
Have fun
Attached images
trickle.jpg
FXR_trickleS.jpg
You are marvelous
Even Cole Trickle writing is there, awesome job man

THANK YOU
Do you want the XRR one as well?
Quote from Lathafummi :Do you want the XRR one as well?

Yes, yes, as many version as you have
Quote from Lathafummi :Have fun

That skin is dusting my wheel off. If it wasn't so late tonight I'd be putting that FZR through its paces.
wow thanks for the skin didnt realise it had already been done suppose i should have looked harder thanks again
Quote from WIGGA :Yes the best Nescar movie then i ever see.

no I liked 3: Dale Earnhardt better. I mean Days of Thunder's story was SO corny and cliched. Plus if Cole his rivals did what they did in real life they would have got their license suspended.
Quote from lizardfolk :I mean Days of Thunder's story was SO corny and cliched. Plus if Cole his rivals did what they did in real life they would have got their license suspended.

You seem to be forgetting the biggest thing about Days of Thunder.....IT WAS A MOVIE!

If they did what they did in Top Gun they probably would have died...but they didn't because it was a movie.
Quote from garph :You seem to be forgetting the biggest thing about Days of Thunder.....IT WAS A MOVIE!

If they did what they did in Top Gun they probably would have died...but they didn't because it was a movie.

Movies should be logical in some way shape or form. This is why I liked 3 better then Days of Thunder. But I will admit that Days of Thunder is better then Driven.

Off topic: Movies should make sense and should have realism as it's base. But one can argue that fantasy/sci is not based on realism. But when you carefully analyze the GOOD sci-fi movies and the BAD sci-fi movies then you actually see a difference. I'll give you can example. Star Trek space travel and technology is based on real life quantum theories. In a way all that space travel and anomalies make some sort of sense. While Doom just completely destroyed any logic. (an extra chromosome makes beings supernatural COME ON!!!) Sure realism can be pushed to its limit (and they are in most action movies) but if the movie doesn't make sense logically (such as in Shooter when the main character gets shot in point blank range two times, falls out of a building and later the bleeding stops.) then it better have a pretty damm good story/character.

The setting of Days of Thunder isn't even in the future but NOW and the story is about NASCAR a real organization and race. (It even featured real nascar drivers). From there, I expect a whole lot of realism and I also expected the film makers to be mature enough to substitute crashing with REAL RACING (something that racing movies rarely do). To the non-racing audience, crashing a race car is exciting. To the people who enjoy racing, the actual RACING itself is a lot more entertaining then cars crashing each other. As I said to my friend while we watched the movie a while back. This isn't NASCAR anymore, it's destruction derby. Everything that the characters did in Days of Thunder matched a cliched formula and is not something that a SANE race car driver would do.

Ok, sure this isn't what the average audience thinks. (i use to be a part-time film critic and actually had to go to as class on film analysis). But to me this is frustrating. Modern audience are dragging down movie qualities. Sure modern movies have loads of action and special effects. But movies shouldn't be about that, it should be about character, plot, story, drama, etc. The action should SUPPORT the story not the other way around.

As a gamer, if i want heavy mind numbing action with no story and loads of special effects? I'd be much happier playing a video game then watching a low intelligent action movie. Atleast in the game I'm ENGAGING in the action instead of staring brain dead at a giant screen. (Also keep in mind that there are action movies that are good and satisfy the needs of and intelligent movie goer). It's very simple, if you want heavy action with giant explosions. Play a good FPS, in fact you can even save you money considering how expensive a ticket to a movie is (atleast here anyway).

Going back to Days of Thunder. Those 1990 NASCARs are very fragile. More fragile then the current stock cars (not the CoT). The thing that annoyed me most was that in that final race, he completely broke his transmission (he said it on the radio and the crash was pretty heavy) and went to the pits and the crew just took a few minute to fix it (they got the car out before the pace car passed them). NO FRICKING WAY, what's even worse is that Cole Trickle was able to zoom past 10 cars within -10 laps once he got out of the pits (keep in mind that his car's suppose to be massively damaged). ALSO NO WAY. I expect anyone ANYONE with a decent amount of NASCAR knowledge to dislike the movie. But unfortunately people dont think in movies like they use to.
Rowdy Burns Car
Can anyone do a Rowdy Burns car skin for fxr?
Attached images
rowdy1.jpg
rowdy2.jpg
rowdy3.jpg
this is the XRR skin for 3 cars. Cole Trickle, Russ Wheeler, and Rowdy Burns. (:
Attached images
XRR_ctricklemy.jpg
XRR_rowdyburns.jpg
XRR_russwheeler.jpg
Thanks
Thanks they are awesome
have u got them for the fxr?
i got one for fxr.

Days of thunder
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG