The online racing simulator
Terrible. Well, they got no one to blame but themselves. Well, they could blame Gyan...

I have to say though, Ghana played well.

They certainly deserved to go through

Suarez is a hero now.
Experience determined the winner

I'm sorry Africa, no more teams...
Very undeserved winner.

But should be easy for Holland.
pretty amazing match. had a bit of everything, really. I feel bad for Ghana in some ways (especially Gyan), but they put us out, so **** 'em
Suarez did exactly what he should have done in that situation, assuming he couldn't head it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :pretty amazing match. had a bit of everything, really. I feel bad for Ghana in some ways (especially Gyan), but they put us out, so **** 'em

Overall, the match sucked pretty hard, IMO.

First half was ok, especially the last 20 minutes with Ghana attacking. The second half and the extra time was just boring.

But the end and the penalties certainly made up for that.
last minute

indeed... if u cant head it, u handball it.

and hope penalty is saved.

u play for your country, if that means u miss a match so what, if u go thru thats all that matters.

thats what they probably think like
Fantastic game. What drama.... There hadn't been a game to remember for years to come in this world cup. Now there is.

I loved both teams. Really sorry for Ghana but really happy for Uruguay. Mixed feelings but an amazing game.
Suarez - Hand of God: The return of winners.

Suarez - Hand of God: Cheating to win

Suarez - Hand of God: Beachball.

Suarez - Hand of God: Henry was merely setback!

Make yours.
Cheating arseholes, the only people that are happy they won are people from their country, and even they should be ashamed. I know people that won money because of the result but still feel gutted by it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Cheating arseholes, the only people that are happy they won are people from their country, and even they should be ashamed. I know people that won money because of the result but still feel gutted by it.

There wasn't any cheating going on. It was all within the rules. It was still in the hands of Gyang to score and he failed. I'm not happy with it, either but you can't say that it was "cheating".

Uruguay will be even less dangerous offensively against Netherlands anyway with Suarez not playing.
Quote from zeugnimod :There wasn't any cheating going on. It was all within the rules. It was still in the hands of Gyang to score and he failed. I'm not happy with it, either but you can't say that it was "cheating".

Uruguay will be even less dangerous offensively against Netherlands anyway with Suarez not playing.

and fucile in defence
Quote from DevilDare :Suarez - Hand of God: The return of winners.

Suarez - Hand of God: Cheating to win

Suarez - Hand of God: Beachball.

Suarez - Hand of God: Henry was merely setback!

Make yours.

If you insist....

Suarez - Hand of God: But Maradona got away with it

I think Forlan will score but Holland will go through and face Germany in the finals
Haha thats a good one.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I think Forlan will score but Holland will go through and face Germany in the finals

:lovies3d:
Quote from DevilDare :Haha thats a good one.

More

Suarez - Hand of Nike: Just Do It

Suarez - Hand of God: Shhhhhh, nobody saw it....did they?

Suarez - Hand of God: The ref has cards!
Quote from zeugnimod :There wasn't any cheating going on.

Apart from stopping a certain game winning goal by handling the ball? I consider that cheating, and it's disgusting that a team should be forced to take a penalty under that amount of pressure, it was definately going in and I hate the fact that the dishonest cheaters are rewarded for it.
Quote from zeugnimod :There wasn't any cheating going on. It was all within the rules. It was still in the hands of Gyang to score and he failed. I'm not happy with it, either but you can't say that it was "cheating".

Just like what Hamilton did.
Maybe it wasn't on purpous, but he got a penalty and 'won' too.
Fantastic, the most intense match so far.. Suarez is a fu*kin hero, and i wouldn't want to be Gyan tonight..
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Apart from stopping a certain game winning goal by handling the ball? I consider that cheating, and it's disgusting that a team should be forced to take a penalty under that amount of pressure, it was definately going in and I hate the fact that the dishonest cheaters are rewarded for it.

Maybe we have a different opinion on what is cheating and what isn't. He got the appropriate punishment according to the rules so to me, it isn't cheating. It would have been cheating if the ref hadn't seen it and he would have "gotten away with it".

Again, I find it unsportsmanlike as well and it certainly doesn't make me like the player more but you have to admit that he did "the right thing" for his team. If he hadn't used the hands, Uruguay would be going home now.

Quote from BlakjeKaas :Just like what Hamilton did.
Maybe it wasn't on purpous, but he got a penalty and 'won' too.

Yeah, I made the same observation:

Quote from zeugnimod :Suarez is the Hamilton of Uruguay.

I'm totally ok with Suarez doing that. I probably would have done the same thing if I had had the brilliance to think of the ramifications and potential benefits so fast. So I really can't force myself to be a hypocrite. The ref saw, the ref acted accordingly, Suarez had to take the chance if his team was going to have any chance of surviving. He hasn't escaped without penalty mind you, he'll have to miss the next match, as well as the PK that was taken and the red card that was given.
Cheating is breaking the rules, which he did, he got the right punishment as far as the rules are concerned, but it was wrong in that situation. Down to 10 men for penalties...oh no what a massive blow.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Down to 10 men for penalties...oh no what a massive blow.

Luis Suarez not taking a PK... small blow maybe, but not insignificant.
Surely 10 men for penalties = advantage in terms of selection?

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG