The online racing simulator
i think it was... but after the argentina goal... it looks like they dont care anymore... XD
Quote from de Souza :Awesome goal!

Offsided though? They never showed the replay...

Could be, depends upon what you class as phases of play, whether he got back on side and if the part of the body which could score the ball was offside or not...

...got to love the offside rule eh, simple in it's aim, complicated by FIFA.
Unless it was redirected in the course of getting to him, I think he was on.
Well, since I got most of my round of 16 picks wrong, let's predict the rest of the tournament!

Uruguay - Ghana
Netherlands - Brazil
Argentina - Germany
Paraguay - Spain

--->Semis<---

Uruguay - Brazil
Germany - Spain

--->Runner Up<---

Uruguay - Spain

--->Finals<---

Brazil - Germany
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, since I got most of my round of 16 picks wrong, let's predict the rest of the tournament!

Uruguay - Ghana
Netherlands - Brazil
Argentina - Germany
Paraguay - Spain

--->Semis<---

Uruguay - Brazil
Germany - Spain

--->Runner Up<---

Uruguay - Spain

--->Finals<---

Brazil - Germany

Yeah I don't see Past that 4 and Brazil.

Edit: No wait actually Argentina over Germany...
Quote from CSF :Edit: No wait actually Argentina over Germany...

:rolleyes:
Can someone explain me the reason for that red card for Portugal? Just looked the higlihgts 5 times, and i can't believe the call.. nobody touched him
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can someone explain me the reason for that red card for Portugal? Just looked the higlihgts 5 times, and i can't believe the call.. nobody touched him

Quote from 5haz :Was Ronaldo throwing himself on the floor again?

Twice, IIRC.

But he was actually fouled for real once!
Quote from zeugnimod :Twice, IIRC.

But he was actually fouled for real once!

Shocking, I was rooting for Spain because of the grudge I hold for that wanker.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can someone explain me the reason for that red card for Portugal? Just looked the higlihgts 5 times, and i can't believe the call.. nobody touched him

Hard to tell, from the close up angles we don't see anything of serious note. However there where some wider angles (mainly the one from the touchline) which showed the Portugal player make a run from behind and as he went by the 11 of Spain raise his elbow as if to block the Spanish player and it seemed as if he did catch him with the elbow.

Now under the laws of the game, if a player strikes his opponent (i.e. punch, slap...even tickle) deliberately above the chest then it is a straight red card. The ref obviously felt it was a deliberate motion towards the Spanish no.11, connecting above the chest and had no other choice but to show the red, regardless of how little contact was made. The problem is that TV pictures aren't conclusive enough for us to make a solid call, the close up missed the point of impact while the zoomed out picture's make it hard to see how strong a hit was made (if any)

Yes the no.11 made a meal of it (not going to deny that), but no more than the other 99.9999% of the players at the world cup would have done. I'm now past the stage of moaning about it. I'm happy enough to cheer a penalty County may have won because our player took a dive, to complain about it when the boot is on the other foot seems rather hypocritical to me.
I'll continue my fail picking.

Uruguay
- Ghana
Netherlands - Brazil
Argentina - Germany
Paraguay - Spain

--->Semis<---

Uruguay - Netherlands
Argentina - Spain

--->Runner Up<---

Uruguay - Spain

--->Finals<---

Argentina - Netherlands
I think the dutch have been cruising too, Brazil isn't that good to be honest the chile game was the only one so far that lived up to Brazils expectations.
Quote from JPeace :Nederlands will beat Brazil?

No chance my friend, Brazil have been cruising thus far, if they want to, they will up the pace and it will be devastation.

Brazil will beat the Netherlands?

No chance my friend, the Netherlands have been cruising thus far, if they want to, they will up the pace and it will be devastation.

Idd.
I am all for Holland. Really hope they win.
I'm hoping for a good game.

Our midfield will be broken, it seems. Elano still seems to be injured and his substitute, Ramires, will miss because of a second yellow. Word is Felipe Melo won't recover (yes!!) from Pepe's foul as well.
So it might be Daniel Alves and Josué in the middle, which is not exactly a strong midfield.

I think both teams are even. None had a real challenge yet, none played all they know yet. Friday would be a good opportunity to see what they can do.
Quote from HVS5b :
Winner - Spain
Top scorer - Villa (Spain)
Dark horse - Ghana
Should have won it but won't due to employing a deluded coke-head as manager - Argentina

Show me the money!

Fully prepared to eat gargantuan piece of humble pie regarding the final prophecy

But after watching the way Brazil humbled Chile, it really is hard to see anyone threatening them.
Perhaps Cole should play abroad, we all know how much he likes to 'play away'. :mischievo

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG