The online racing simulator
Quote from RMachucaA :PS: His father is the BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG in history, had the unpleasant chance to meet him once at mt. tremblant racetrack, and the guy just screams of snob rich **** and he acts 1000% like it.

I've heard stories about him kicking people off the track (who have paid for the driving school there) to do laps. Smells of cock, for sure.
Quote from MAGGOT :I've heard stories about him kicking people off the track (who have paid for the driving school there) to do laps. Smells of cock, for sure.

Surelya cock. He is too sure his son will drive in F1 in 8+ yrs.
Quote from AtomAnt :Oh, and he was born in 1998. You know, the year "Seinfeld" ended and Dale Earnhardt finally won the Daytona 500. Yeah, then. Sheesh. Somebody get my cane for me.

Oh YAY! I can kick his ass next in year in KF3, as I'm the same age
lol, Intrepid's post says it all pretty much.

His father is related to Ferrari, and then Ferrari signs him? Not a coincidence in my opinion.
Obviously not a coincidence, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's a good driver imo.
Quote from evilpimp :Obviously not a coincidence, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's a good driver imo.

No on is denying he's a good driver, but neither are the 1000s of kids that race every weekend who's dad don't have a 1 to 1 relationship with Ferrari.
I'm not saying he's the best driver, I'm just saying he's a good driver who just happens to have the full package to make it to F1 (contacts with Ferrari.) If he was a bad driver who's dad had contacts with Ferrari, he wouldn't have gotten signed.
Quote from evilpimp :I'm not saying he's the best driver, I'm just saying he's a good driver who just happens to have the full package to make it to F1 (contacts with Ferrari.) If he was a bad driver who's dad had contacts with Ferrari, he wouldn't have gotten signed.

The point is that he would have some serious issues NOT to be a good driver.
Quote from JPeace :You think KF3 is hard, super KF will make you weep.

Next year it won't because it probably won't exist the way things are going. The World Championship and KF are in a mess now
KF2 is at the moment highest class cause the World Championship will be driven with them. Also, drivers shouldnt be signed at 11yrs. 15-16 is the right age, when they have achieved smthing big (like De Vries after winning EC in KF3) SuperKF ix just out, no Euro Champs and no World Champ, I dont call that high level
Quote from Intrepid :No on is denying he's a good driver, but neither are the 1000s of kids that race every weekend who's dad don't have a 1 to 1 relationship with Ferrari.

Like Verstappen, he has all the money to race forever. He isnt the best driver, but he controls the whole CRG team at, cause of his dad. At Genk for eg. Verstappen got a 10sec. Penalty for cutting, Jos called the stewards and the penalty was gone. Anyone knows someone like this?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Beitske Visser would be a wise signing!

Heard it here first
Quote from brandons48 :I bet there are more talented kids out there that don't get the chance to move on in motorsport because they don't have millionare parents.

I hate all this pushy parent, trophy kid shit. :thumbsdow

You can't really blame the rich ones for making it, it's a rich sport. If you can't afford the equipment to compete, then you can't afford it. Simple as. It's a shitty deal, but that's the sport. It's expensive by nature.
Quote from Intrepid :Beitske Visser would be a wise signing!

Heard it here first

Haha, I knew it already 2 days ago, she is good and would be a good signing
This makes me lol.

Of course, if I would not be poor, I would be at now somewhere @ racing with any car
Quote from Intrepid :Beitske Visser would be a wise signing!

Heard it here first

She already did some testing in the single seaters here in Holland. But fore sure karting is not going to guarantee a good career in single seaters. It's all about making the right choices and money.
Quote from NickC :She already did some testing in the single seaters here in Holland. But fore sure karting is not going to guarantee a good career in single seaters. It's all about making the right choices and money.

But without a good karting career you won't make it to the top of the sport. You need it all!
Quote from Intrepid :But without a good karting career you won't make it to the top of the sport. You need it all!

That goes for most of them yes . Some people made it to F1 without karting. But thats not the best way i guess.
Quote from JPeace :Heikki Hovalainen didn't have a very good karting career, and he made it all the way to one of the best teams in F1, and no not Lotus

He did, 3rd in the World Championship 2000. And for example Räikkönen had a karting career much worse than him.
Quote from NickC :That goes for most of them yes . Some people made it to F1 without karting. But thats not the best way i guess.

Didn't say "make it into F1". I said "top of the sport" aka win championships. If we look at the guys 'truly' fighting for this years championship - Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel/Button - you'll notice they've all raced at the high levels of karting. The guys that don't or haven't raced at that level tend to fall short unless of course they inherit some insane car advantage. But merely getting into F1 really isn't THAT big of a deal.
Quote from Intrepid :But merely getting into F1 really isn't THAT big of a deal.

There was a time, when I was a naiive young'n, when I would have disagreed with you... but looking at the calibre of some of the drivers in F1, you're right. Some of them shouldn't have been there, really.
Quote from Intrepid :This kid doesn't race at the highest levels and his dad happens to be a strong partner to Ferrari. And you're wrong in you paraphrasing (no surprise)

Uhhm, the kids finished top 3 at the rotax world finals...? What else is there to "highest level"?
Quote from racer hero :Uhhm, the kids finished top 3 at the rotax world finals...? What else is there to "highest level"?

1. He's too young to race in the Rotax World Finals. He raced in the support 'Mini Roc' class which is not the same thing at all!

2. The Rotax World Finals is not the highest level of karting. Rotax is a recreational hobby leisure class that uses a diabolical engine that should not even be called a 'kart engine'. You have to look at the KF (bit of a mess atm but hey) and KZ classes racing at the WSK and CIK for the highest levels of the sport.

The kid may be a good little driver, but it's a bit suss that before the Canadian GP, Ferrari happen to sign up the son of one of the biggest and most lucrative business partners who is based in... Canada!

Good luck to the kid (the angst isn't towards HIM), but this whole thing smacks of being patronised by Ferrari. They are pretending they've signed some unknown kid prodigy like McLaren have done, when in fact they've really just hooked up a deal with a very very very close and very very very wealthy business friend. It's dishonest and breeds false hope to all those young kids out there who think they could get a deal to.
#50 - JJ72
Quote from MAGGOT :There was a time, when I was a naiive young'n, when I would have disagreed with you... but looking at the calibre of some of the drivers in F1, you're right. Some of them shouldn't have been there, really.

It depends, some of them shouldn't be there by pure performance, but usually for those, they should be there because they did enough in raising money, one way or another.

Ferrari signs 11 year old from Canada
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG