The online racing simulator
A crash like Webber's was bound to happen with such a big difference in corner speed and overall lap times .

Poor judgement by Webber though (yes i am a Webber fan btw) he was racing some one as slow as a GP2 car and he should have picked the moment better , easy for me to say that though because i wasn't rocketing up Kovi's arse at 300KPH .

Anyways Kovi would have been in front of him for maybe a few corners at best so its hardly racing for position , unless you think the 50 meters of braking zone is worth defending that much.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Also, all the guys that drove too fast in safety car conditions get a 5 sec penalty. That doesn't feel right, as they're breaking a safety rule, rather than just a sporting code (like weaving, or passing the safety car).

Interesting view. Passing the safety car or going too fast when it's deployed, surely they are a far more grave danger than for example exiting pits while the light is red. And still running the red light is punishable by disqualification.

Does not compute :/
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Also, all the guys that drove too fast in safety car conditions get a 5 sec penalty. That doesn't feel right, as they're breaking a safety rule, rather than just a sporting code (like weaving, or passing the safety car).

Maybe there were too many to punish properly, which would've have been 24 seconds (equivalent to a drive through). It does set a precendent maybe and means that it may become a tactical penalty, the gain being greater than the punishment, which is bad for sport.

They were NOT driving too fast.
The race control would set a "time" which drivers must adhere to on that particular lap when the SC come out. In order to avoid drivers driving too fast into an accident zone.

BUT, all the drivers involved was AHEAD of the crash, some were VERY CLOSE to the pit entry, such as Button. What do you expect them to do? STOP AT THE PIT ENTRANCE to adhere to the time and possibly cause a massive pile up at the pitlane entrance?

Nico Rosberg had the same thing last year, most probably at this same track, and got away unpunished.
Quote from hyntty :Interesting view. Passing the safety car or going too fast when it's deployed, surely they are a far more grave danger than for example exiting pits while the light is red. And still running the red light is punishable by disqualification.

Does not compute :/

1. passing the safety car was very marginal
2. it wasn't dangerous for "going too fast" in this scenario

the stewards have the power to issue harsher penalties shall they wish.
But to me, the 5sec penalty shouldn't be issued at all!
Very Eventful GP(for Valenica)

Im really really surprised Webber got out unhurt as he hit the tire barrier quite dam hard(about 100km/h harder then when kovi hit the barrier in barcelona '08, it shows safety has improved alot).

I think the accident kinda was Webbers fault as there has to be a point where you hold off someones slip stream when you get to the braking zone, but The lotus was 4 seconds slower then the red bull a lap and it shouldn't be racing with it, however you can;t blame kovi for defending as he has every right to.

Hamilton is another issue, and i find it completely unfair. He passed the safety car after hassitating then alonso behind him got stuck behind it ruining Alonso race and Hamilton got away with it letting him claim second, Alonso has every right to be angry about it.

He should of got a Stop go or the stewards should of made there mind up sooner, a BS penalty where they took so long in giving it out that he got away with a punishment.

Suaber, Awesome call for them to keep kobayashi as he was on the hards, he droves hes heart out during the race and was able to make a huge gap to lower points positions, then with Super Softs and low fuel on the last few laps he got to see why Suaber signed him in the first place awesome drive.
one thing to remember about alonso making all this fuss is that it does distract from the fact he got passed by kobayashi in a sauber with a ferrari engine in it.

biggest problem with safety car was it shouldn't have come out in front of anyone but the leader, as i posted earlier, the running order should be frozen at the start of the previous lap, same as when a race is abandonded and waved yellows should be sufficient to slowcars down to a safe speed until they reach the safety car and until that point the leader should act as a virtual safety car and be responsible for the speed of the filed. the rules say you can't pass under yellow so no one would have an excuse for passing the leader once he slowed. if the drivers can't / won't slow sufficiently then they should be penalised, sadely these days drivers seem to be able to get away with the slightest of lifts in F1 when there's a yellow flag.
Quote from JCTK :They were NOT driving too fast.
The race control would set a "time" which drivers must adhere to on that particular lap when the SC come out. In order to avoid drivers driving too fast into an accident zone.

BUT, all the drivers involved was AHEAD of the crash, some were VERY CLOSE to the pit entry, such as Button. What do you expect them to do? STOP AT THE PIT ENTRANCE to adhere to the time and possibly cause a massive pile up at the pitlane entrance?

Nico Rosberg had the same thing last year, most probably at this same track, and got away unpunished.

If what Button said was correct then he should not have received any penalty, but they cannot all have been at pit entrance and it doesn't matter where they were in relation to the accident - the rules don't state it is a free for all once you're past the accident.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :If what Button said was correct then he should not have received any penalty, but they cannot all have been at pit entrance and it doesn't matter where they were in relation to the accident - the rules don't state it is a free for all once you're past the accident.

but what they are lacking is common sense and consistency in decisions, but I never expect the FIA stewards to have any of these, so.....

as I said earlier Nico Rosberg got away for it last year. This year, on his 25th bday, the FIA have managed to gift him one point thanks to these penalties.
Alosno said something about manipulated race I wonder maybe he was talking about 2008 Singapor GP ?
-
Webber's Practice Session in Fern Bay (Connell) DELETED by Connell
Quote from Connell :I saw this today... He was looking at the advertisements.....

Did you do that yourself?
-
(amp88) DELETED by amp88 : No reason to leave this.
-
(Connell) DELETED by Connell
-
-
Goodbye then.
Take care Connell.
-
-
(amp88) DELETED by amp88 : No reason to leave this.
-
It was on my friends computer...
any way... Mark webber was really lucky!
did any body see him take out the dhl sign?
creating a duplicate account won't get you anywhere. don't be surprised if both accounts get banned now.
I didnt men any harm....
Well you still did. Because of that, thousands of kitties have been killed. Hope your happy now!
*mean
WELL im sorry....
Quote from tinvek :one thing to remember about alonso making all this fuss is that it does distract from the fact he got passed by kobayashi in a sauber with a ferrari engine in it.

biggest problem with safety car was it shouldn't have come out in front of anyone but the leader, as i posted earlier, the running order should be frozen at the start of the previous lap, same as when a race is abandonded and waved yellows should be sufficient to slowcars down to a safe speed until they reach the safety car and until that point the leader should act as a virtual safety car and be responsible for the speed of the filed. the rules say you can't pass under yellow so no one would have an excuse for passing the leader once he slowed. if the drivers can't / won't slow sufficiently then they should be penalised, sadly these days drivers seem to be able to get away with the slightest of lifts in F1 when there's a yellow flag.

FIA can't allow Common sense, its boring and doesn't add to there artificial spectacle.

SC rules should be clarified so that once the safety car has been released the leader has to wait no matter where it is on the track unless its already in a pit stop, until the safety car gets in front of them.
Just close the pits until the line has formed. If you are desperate to pit (for damage, puncture etc) then you may do so, but when the field is set for the restart you go to the back of the pack, so you fall behind all those who waited for the pits to open.

There's no issue with people running on fumes with the pits closed and if you close the pits then the only ones that can benefit are those near the bac, thus mixing up the order and promoting overtaking.

That, alas, will only happen once they stop letting the lunatics run the asylum by stopping letting teams write the rulebook.
Quote from Kandis :Alosno said something about manipulated race I wonder maybe he was talking about 2008 Singapor GP ?

Agree he shouldnt complain about things like that which he also did himself
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Just close the pits until the line has formed. If you are desperate to pit (for damage, puncture etc) then you may do so, but when the field is set for the restart you go to the back of the pack, so you fall behind all those who waited for the pits to open.

There's no issue with people running on fumes with the pits closed and if you close the pits then the only ones that can benefit are those near the bac, thus mixing up the order and promoting overtaking.

That, alas, will only happen once they stop letting the lunatics run the asylum by stopping letting teams write the rulebook.

that would also create all sort of mayhem. Because the teams are only allowed one set of pit crew for both cars. It'll end up being a mess with cars queuing, some cars trying to come out, some is driving down the lane normally, some just parked waiting for his turn to enter the pit.

The FIA isn't much better themselves in writing the rule book. The drive through penalty have been around for nearly 10 years already. But it's only this year they finally realised that, shall the equivalent of a drive through is handed after the race, there is no way that it's worth the same time as a 10sec stop go!
And because the FIA has no common sense, a 10sec stop go is worth 25sec, and a drive through somehow worths 20sec...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG