The online racing simulator
TT 2010 : Well Done Ian!
(15 posts, started )
It's a late thread inregards to the race.

Well done to Ian Hutchinson for winning 5 TT's in one week.

RIP to Paul Dobbs, he will be sadly missed.

Hope Guy Martin and Conor Cummins make a quick recovery, I'd like to see the crashes but they weren't televised and I can't find them on youtube yet.

Zero Mission bikes made a comeback too, some strange looking bikes but also some very cool ones too, interesting feature for the IOM TT.
I find the TT the hardest motorsport to watch. Can never find any videos from it!
Is there any videos of Guy Martins wreck? Or the late Paul Dobbs? I know some crashes aren't nice to watch, but they never show any vids or footage of anyone that has gotten badly injured or killed, which I think is wrong, because people can learn from what has happened to injure or kill these other people.
#6 - heson
I would have been a lot more happy with this thread if the title was not spoiling.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Gutting, Smashes up his bike , At least he wasn't hurt.

Hey, he gets a free pint out of it
Quote from heson :I would have been a lot more happy with this thread if the title was not spoiling.

The thread title isn't spoiling.....
Quote from BlueFlame :Is there any videos of Guy Martins wreck? Or the late Paul Dobbs? I know some crashes aren't nice to watch, but they never show any vids or footage of anyone that has gotten badly injured or killed, which I think is wrong, because people can learn from what has happened to injure or kill these other people.

Didn't want to bump a thread in such a manor, but that comment isn't exactly nice. How do you think the families of a motorcycle rider would feel if a video of their treasure being killed was uploaded onto a social video network for millions of people around the world to watch. Some sick people may laugh at a humans death.

I don't think any sportsman would appreciate their death being broad-casted in such a disrespectful way.

Wishes like that can only come from a mad mans head, I know I certainly would never want to watch the death of someone doing what he loved to do! It would only make me feel shocked and upset to watch people be killed by doing what they loved.

How are you supposed to learn from someone falling from a motorcycle. It may have been their error, and unless It happens time and time again at the same place I see no need at all to show other people horrific results of miscalculation.
If I died in motorsport, I would want my crash to be shown. It's not disrespectful, you were racing, the racing was being recorded, and somebody filmed the wreck. Watching these videos is what helps to develop safety measures. Road and racetrack.

I don't really think a motorsport wreck that killed someone is something that people would laugh at. I think you are reading too much into it.
Quote from BlueFlame :If I died in motorsport, I would want my crash to be shown. It's not disrespectful, you were racing, the racing was being recorded, and somebody filmed the wreck. Watching these videos is what helps to develop safety measures. Road and racetrack.

I don't really think a motorsport wreck that killed someone is something that people would laugh at. I think you are reading too much into it.

u cant make the TT any safer it is what it is, ur always gonna have walls bridges houses trees bumps etc,

the bikes are getting way to fast for the roads there now imo
Quote from BlueFlame :If I died in motorsport, I would want my crash to be shown. It's not disrespectful, you were racing, the racing was being recorded, and somebody filmed the wreck. Watching these videos is what helps to develop safety measures. Road and racetrack.

Not always true, some people get a sick pleasure out of watching people die.
I think Martin Loicht died aswell. R.I.P. guys.
Quote from BreadC :u cant make the TT any safer it is what it is, ur always gonna have walls bridges houses trees bumps etc,

No, you probably can't make the TT any safer but that's not what I was saying. A TT style crash can be avoided on a proper race track or public road. With technology advances.
Quote from BreadC :u cant make the TT any safer it is what it is, ur always gonna have walls bridges houses trees bumps etc,

That's part of what makes it special IMO, the speed and danger.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG