The online racing simulator
Rossi out for 3 months
(123 posts, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Oh he will definately return, they are switching to 1000cc bikes soon, he will want to be around for that.

He may return, but it's far from definite. Ferrari have been pushing very hard to get him in F1 and this crash is big enough for Rossi to think twice about returning. He doesn't sound or look all that disappointed to be out of the season either. Rossi's love for 1000cc is dwarfed by that of his old 500cc Honda 2/ so I don't think he has THAT much affection to risk another biggy for the 4/s
I think if he were to leave motorbikes then he would race in the WRC, F1 is too strict and boring for someone like Rossi.
Quote from Intrepid :He may return, but it's far from definite. Ferrari have been pushing very hard to get him in F1 and this crash is big enough for Rossi to think twice about returning. He doesn't sound or look all that disappointed to be out of the season either. Rossi's love for 1000cc is dwarfed by that of his old 500cc Honda 2/ so I don't think he has THAT much affection to risk another biggy for the 4/s

you havent read the mcn then have u?

he says "ill be back" xD u know he wont retire before 10 World champs
He needs to go to WSBK. Motogp is only alive because of him. If he goes to WSBK they might actually think about making motogp interesting again.
Quote from BreadC :you havent read the mcn then have u?

he says "ill be back" xD u know he wont retire before 10 World champs

If Ferrari managed to get a 3rd car in F1 Rossi would be in it in a flash!

Of course the probability of him staying in MotoGP is higher, but I don't see the hunger from Rossi to get back in. Maybe because he knows MotoGP is very much a shadow of it's former self
Quote from sil3ntwar :He needs to go to WSBK. Motogp is only alive because of him. If he goes to WSBK they might actually think about making motogp interesting again.

I seem to remember he already ruled that out too, saying he wouldn't be racing bikes if he retired from MotoGP. Don't forget he has already proved himself on superbikes in the Suzuka 8 hours.
i see ferrari couldn't resist the chance to gain a little publicity on the back of this and offer him a test if it helps his recovery.

not quite sure how much driving an F1 car with the associated vibrations and the need to press pedals will help with recovering from a broken leg apart from the sensation of going on a track.
It's his right leg, so the pedal pressing won't be an issue, although sensitivity could be. The vibrations would be a small issue, but not that bad - the legs are rigidly attached to the car, and his shoes and ankles would damp a lot out before they reached the fractures. but even so, an F1 test would be further down the road to recovery - not next week or anything.
Tristan, a point of curiosity: is much leg endurance required in car racing, particularly cars that experience multi-G loads? Are they used much for bracing against lateral loads?

If there's one thing I could point to as a physical limitation in my motorcycle racing, it's my leg endurance.
Not been asked that question before!!!

At my level of motorsport (F3), no. I don't ever get out with tired legs, or feel like my legs getting tired is slowing me down. The cars are so tight around the legs that they are supported by the side of the tub laterally.

In GP2 or F1 then I don't know. You can see on some cars the legs (knees) moving around as the lateral loads build up. And they're having to do it for several times longer than I do - longer races.

But I don't think it's a real issue for car racers. Certainly not to the extreme of bike racing - even riding bikes on the road at road speeds (!) make my legs tired.
isnt lorenzo the guy that drove with a broken leg or something?

well nothing the less. i do think that legs are very importand in motorracing. but there are some examples from people racing with out legs ( Alex Zanardi, for example: http://9.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_krlrxskUm51qzurddo1_500.jpg )

at motorracing (bike) i dont really know people with out legs. of example if you drive on a bike with out you legs on the bike, the bike just feels unstable...
i doubt you really wanna drive with out a leg on a bike.

Lets just hope rossi will recover. and it doesnt reallly care how long it takes. This season is lost anyways
lorenzo had busted ankles and couldnt walk..

had to be lifted on and off his bike iirc

and btw zanardi uses throttle and brake with hands which bmw had to develop for him
#63 - shim
Quote from BreadC :lorenzo had busted ankles and couldnt walk..

had to be lifted on and off his bike iirc

and btw zanardi uses throttle and brake with hands which bmw had to develop for him

yeah that podium was halarious with all 3 yamaha's.. Rossi Lorenzo and Edwards.. Lorenzo had to sit down for the ceremony..
what the hell.

Spies should of got it, But i don't think Rossi would like it much if he started winning with it.
Quote from Mustafur :what the hell.

Spies should of got it, But i don't think Rossi would like it much if he started winning with it.

spies would of got it... but the rules dont allow it...

no rookie in factory team thats the new rule for this season (except suxuki coz theyre nubtards)
Quote from Mustafur :Apparently he got offered but turned it down saying, he would only go if he could stay there.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84587

unless dorna just got rid of that rule.

no rookie is allowed to be in a works team.. commentators were talking about it furiously finding a solution...

couldnt even jus give spies rossi's bike with tech 3 fairing (sp?)
Quote from BreadC :unless dorna just got rid of that rule.

no rookie is allowed to be in a works team.. commentators were talking about it furiously finding a solution...

couldnt even jus give spies rossi's bike with tech 3 fairing (sp?)

why would there ever be such a stupid rule?

A team should be able to let anyone ride their bikes as long as they got the proper licensing to race.
Quote from Mustafur :why would there ever be such a stupid rule?

A team should be able to let anyone ride their bikes as long as they got the proper licensing to race.

to keep privateers in the series...

otherwise you would only have 8 bikes.

example.

spies and simoncelli are contracted by yamaha and honda respectively who then lend those riders to the tech3 and gresini team
Melandri's dislocated his shoulder during practice, back down to 15 bikes.
Quote from ChiliFan :Melandri's dislocated his shoulder during practice, back down to 15 bikes.

The MotoGP grid is nothing short of pathetic atm. Seeing the bikes on the grid is an actual embarrassment. The racing is worse than F1 right now. No bikes and hardly any racing ZZZZzzzz....
Quote from Intrepid :The MotoGP grid is nothing short of pathetic atm. Seeing the bikes on the grid is an actual embarrassment. The racing is worse than F1 right now. No bikes and hardly any racing ZZZZzzzz....

then what was silverstone?

yes the grid is small... but silverstone was the best race of the season by far BIG BATTLE FOR 2ND TO 6TH on final lap

mugello battle stoner melandri de puniet

wtf u been watching?
Spies needs a Factory ride next season, hes pushing Edwards to the kerb.

Rossi out for 3 months
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG