The online racing simulator
"open with" problems (win7)
(12 posts, started )
so...i use vlc to view videos.
but whenever i restart my pc the default program is winamp.
i do have set (about 28713 times) vlc as default program for any kind of movie file but after every restart it does reset it and set it to winamp again.
does anyone know a cure for this annoying thing?
I have a similar problem, but instead VLC doesn't show up on the 'Open with' list, even if I go into more. So I gotta open up VLC, then drag the file across =/
I don't have Winamp installed, but a quick Google search tells me there's a 'restore file associations' option somewhere in its preference that you need to turn off. Then make sure Winamp Agent doesn't automatically start with Windows.
I have the same problem with .cpp and .h files opening with Visual Studio with Windows 7 - quite annoying... More than annoying really. And it is set as the "Open with..." association.
Winamp did the same to me. I got pissed off and removed Winamp. Piece of ****ing shit.

However, VLC atelast took the associations back when I told it to. Piece of shit Winamp.
I've been becoming increasingly annoyed with Winamp in the past few weeks / months myself, but for reasons not even remotely related to the OP's problem. But I can't bring myself to switch to another music player, I've just become too accustomed to Winamp; it's been my music player since day 1
#7 - Joe93
I had being having this problem, open up winamp > options > preferences > genral preferences > file types > then click the audio only button, then just set VLC as the default video player, should sort it out did for me
Somewhere in the preferences there's an option for Winamp Agent. Turn that crap off.

All it does is reassign lost file associations. Just tell it not to run and remove the associations and they won't come back.
worked by setting audio only.
ty
#10 - arco
Quote from arco :Try AIMP2, it's free and just as good as WinAmp, which imo has gotten way too bloated with crap.

http://aimp.ru/index.php?do=lang&lng=en

That doesn't look too bad. But does it have a proper media library like Winamp? 'Cause that's something I can't do without anymore. It doesn't say so in the feature list so I'm guessing it doesn't have one?

EDIT: d'oh, my bad, didn't scroll down enough
So I downloaded AIMP2 and I'm quite liking it, but I just can't seem to get it to sound as good as my Winamp I've been fiddling around with the equalizer for a while now and no matter what I do it just doesn't sound as "warm" as my Winamp, if that makes any sense AIMP2 makes the songs sound a lot more bland and I can't find how to fix it.

EDIT: okay, finally got it to sound more or less "right". Defintely liking some of the features I have a feeling I may be permanently uninstalling Winamp in the near future. Never thought it'd happen

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG