The online racing simulator
Slickmod version Z28?
(18 posts, started )
Slickmod version Z28?
Excuse me, I do know that there's a slickmod available for patch Z. But I was wondering if there's a version for Z28? And if not could a modder please update it (or create a separate slick mod) for Z28?
Quote from lizardfolk :Excuse me, I do know that there's a slickmod available for patch Z. But I was wondering if there's a version for Z28? And if not could a modder please update it (or create a separate slick mod) for Z28?

I don't actually know if it's still legal to have those, probably will, but somewhere in the back off my head I'm thinking something about it not being legal.

Was good fun though at older versions.

Goodluck in your search to a new slickmod.

I should really go to sleep now.
Why would the slicks mod be illegal? I mean, if it doesnt have license protection then it still wouldnt be that big of a deal? It wont make any S1 or S2 cars available to demo users.
LFSTweak Z28 and change cartype to 4 or 5
Quote from Bmxtwins :LFSTweak Z28 and change cartype to 4 or 5

Slickmod works for all cars. You posted a way that will also change the power of the cars, and it only works for demo cars.
i really hope someone comes out with this mod again, it was really good on the older versions of lfs.... fun to play around with.....
I have been looking into making, updating this to z28 and future patches, But I don't really have much of a clue as of how it actually puts slicks into the selection...
It may be some number in memory which determines what tires are available to selected vehicle...

Hopefully I can manage to come up with something soon, As I have almost abandoned my current projects because I haven't had much time on my PC
Just to say, I will eventually get around to updating my older projects but in the meantime, when I get time on the PC I can work on getting us slicks on our vehicles

Cheers
-David
thats awsome, I really hope you can come up with something..... You might want to try and get a hold of the other person that was making the slickmod, im sure he would be able to point you in the proper direction.
I tried sometime ago to contact Kegetys by email and by his forum... But I received no reply

I send another message and hopefully waiting reply, He was last active Today... I know he would maybe read it
I'm currently looking into running a WTCC style league with the TBOs on slicks. If you can update the slicks mod that would be greatly appreciated
Quote from lizardfolk :I'm currently looking into running a WTCC style league with the TBOs on slicks. If you can update the slicks mod that would be greatly appreciated

+1
I've asked Chudy_2001 - the guy who did a slicktyre mod for X10 and Z - if he could make Z28 version. He said that tyre data has been probably encrypted in Z28 because he can't find it anymore
meh, all of his programs had viruses in them anyways.
Quote from bunder9999 :meh, all of his programs had viruses in them anyways.

which is not true, because antiviruses spot them because they inject into a game...
Quote from nikopdr :which is not true, because antiviruses spot them because they inject into a game...

then explain why the "original" tweak doesn't set off virus scanners...
Quote from bunder9999 :then explain why the "original" tweak doesn't set off virus scanners...

I don't know, but I sure know chudy doesn't make viruses.
I don't get virus warning on them either...
Quote from bunder9999 :meh, all of his programs had viruses in them anyways.

meh, your antivirus is overreacting.

Slickmod version Z28?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG