The online racing simulator
Lfs keeps crashing. . . HELP !
(60 posts, started )
Ok i played lfs and it froze. I just thought it was fixed them it froze. I closed lfs and it didnt give m blue screen. :S
Tell me see with that SpeedFan can i make my fan to faster for longer and how . . .
JEsus i just tried to go back on lfs there again and it froze and went all glitchy like the orig post picture. Then i hada close it again.
This is starting to get really annoying
I take it that laptop is pretty old, is it? As you describe it it sound like the graphics card (GPU) is running too hot. This is a bit of a problem since the GPU in i965 most likely doesn't have active cooling so once it heats up it takes it's time to cool down again. The only really effective way to improve cooling is to take the laptop apart an get all the dust out of it. It might not seem that way, but you'd be surprised how much dust can get into the fans after few years.

As for the SpeedFan, no it cannot push your fan beyond it's max speed, it wouldn't help much anyway
Yea its pretty old i got it in like 2004 SO its kinda old like.
I think i will take it to a computer shop and get them to take it apart and clean it. That way i will know it was done correctly

Thanks guys for all the help i really appriciate it
I really hope i can get it working
also, you have to remember that with the summer, comes summer heat and weather. your laptop might run perfect during the winter/spring. but could suffer bad during summer when everything is quite hot and sticky..
Aww i hope not lol.
I hope it all goes ok like. I really wanna play Lfs again without having to worry about it freezing lol
Have you got your cooling pad?
Yea i got it it's awsome
Still didn't fix the problem but it's an awsome thing to have :P
thnx
lol...
Just to rule out the problem, I'd try to reduce LFS graphics settings to the very minimum, and maybe also run LFS in a window, not at full screen.
The graphics card should produce less heat then...

Quote from shortyman3 :I havnt played lfs in a while but i went to play it and.....

Did you use to play it with the same laptop before? Was it smooth and without problems?

Lfs keeps crashing. . . HELP !
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG