The online racing simulator
Quote from JCTK :didn't it also said in the article that the super soft compound for the super soft tyres won't be ready for Valencia?

This apparently doesn't apply till the german GP however Valencia will have super softs anyway.
Quote from tristancliffe :3 races with car problems = 3 poor performances... Webber is the ideal team number. Quick enough to take over when the team leader falters (for whatever reason), but not quite quick enough to generally worry him most of the time.

Considering he was the only RBR car looking like doing anything in Canada and outqualifiying Vettel yet again do you still stand by this.
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.f1talks.pl/?p=1979

Now someone correct me if I am wrong but is that not in-season testing?

it´s allowed for marketing purposes, it´s not the first time Alonso is testing an actual Ferrari. Schumacher did that also with the actual mercedes.
cheeky if you ask me.
well every team is allowed to do it.
same thing popped up last year.. straight line testing is allowed, all teams do it. he was crawling around the corner
There are a few things they could do to test a car, and I think there are voluntary code of conducts for these events. (The testing ban was just a voluntary ban adopted by all the teams?)

Basically they could do a shake down, they can claim they're filming a promotional video, and they can do some straight line tests.

So there were nothing busted. lol
Quote from JCTK :Basically they could do a shake down, they can claim they're filming a promotional video

I think that the teams are required to use demo tyres for promo videos, or at least non-GP tyres. So it wouldn't help them much.
Quote from samjh :I think that the teams are required to use demo tyres for promo videos, or at least non-GP tyres. So it wouldn't help them much.

Autosport now reveals that Ferrari is saying it's a shakedown during a special 'filming' day.

But yeah I remember reading somewhere for promo videos, they have to use GP2 spec tyres or something different from F1 spec. And for shakedown, they can't do more than 50km with the car?
schumacher did soemthing similar at rockingham a while back
Valancia looks set to be really Foggy for this Saturday and Sunday this should make things good maybe?
Quote from Mustafur :Valancia looks set to be really Foggy for this Saturday and Sunday this should make things good maybe?

Nah it just gives Schumacher an excuse to crash into everyone again.
The Finnish article I read yesterday said something to the effect that he's been signed, but doesn't have an exact starting date yet because of however-many months' NDA the previous contract had.
it's likely given the rotating design chief system they have / had in place, this may be a result of how far off the pace his last project, the 2009 car, was when it was launched

i'm guessing that ferrari will have to be ultra careful to ensure there's nothing on next year's car that could possibly have come from mclaren, not so much because of the previous between ferrari and mclaren as the general feeling that renault got off very lightly about using mclaren info and the probability that the next team won't be so lucky
Quote from bunder9999 :don't they normally hire people with NDA's so they can't join other teams?

Huh? An NDA doesn't prevent people from obtaining new employment. An NDA is a contract to prevent people from disclosing information protected by the agreement (hence the name, Non-Disclosure Agreement). For example, an NDA might cover things like aero data for McLaren's front wing.

Nice in theory, but it doesn't always work well in practice. You can't just erase someone's expertise, even if they can be prevented from using privileged information from another project.

What you're talking about is a clause in some people's employment contract which stipulates X months have to pass after the end of employment before working for a competitor.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG