Poll : What is your situation with LFS?

Closed since :
I just look forums, and I do not play LFS or I play rarely
Waiting a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes
I play everyday or almost everyday LFS
Not anymore interested
#26 - 5haz
Exams = No LFS
the poll options are not set-up properlly, the poll lacks a neutral answer like: "I just play my game" or sth like that
reffering to either beeing addicted, waitnig for the patch or not beeeing interested in every single option doesn't leave a choice for a normal, regular player, or leauge drivers for example, and if you are seriously interested in what people think of LFS now this flaw in your poll will deform your results
you could also have a very interesting interpretation of the answer "not anymore interested" as people how will choose that already show their intrest by visiting forum and deciding to vote
just had to point it out, marketing research was one of my favourites at the university
Quote from Thread Title :What is your situation with LFS?

We have a mutual understanding.
Quote from Amynue :Devs probably voted "Not anymore interested"

I Vote:
Waiting a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes
I play when I get chance - still the most realistic sim on the market for me.
Still lurking here, waiting for something to come up. Need a new wheel but want some motivation to get back to racing first. :P
I play most days for a while, well now i have my wheel and pedals set up again i do, mainly offline tho, as this 3g dongle thing is so bad i wouldnt even try to race online with it tbh, i still go to some servers if there is a meeting on (and enough space) and i just spec and watch it, thats if i can even stay in the server long enough to even see half a race before i time out.
I'm waiting for a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes...
I play daily even if it's for only a couple races. I read a lot on the forums, don't do a whole lot of posting.
I read and write on here quite a lot, but race only on the weekend (mostly because I don't have a wheel here at Uni), 5pm - 9pm, if at all. I still sort of wait for a new patch, but more in a I Don't want to see LFS fade away way than a I need better racing way
Occassionaly inspired, mostly bored with it.

The fact there are maybe only 3 or 4 decent servers doesn't help at all
Quote from HVS5b :Occassionaly inspired, mostly bored with it.

The fact there are maybe only 3 or 4 decent servers doesn't help at all

Then you might should join the -TRR- Public once.

When there is guests on, the admins join, and it's well adminned.
Quote from rockclan :Then you might should join the -TRR- Public once.

When there is guests on, the admins join, and it's well adminned.

Cheers man, might give it a try
Seldom play these days, no longer holds my interest. Forums gone stale, rather hotlap on NKP. I think LFS has had a great run but its days are nearing an end. That's a bit sad but I'd rather play on other race sims now.
Quote from al heeley :Seldom play these days, no longer holds my interest. Forums gone stale, rather hotlap on NKP. I think LFS has had a great run but its days are nearing an end. That's a bit sad but I'd rather play on other race sims now.

do not say that until it is proof of it
I make love to LFS at least once a week. Sometimes it gets me going and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly these days, in all seriousness, I'm trying to get a better lap time in iRacing.
play everyday
First option

And i play 5 - 6 Races every day, Dont think LFS gona boring me. Everytime i play i realy enjoy the game, never get tired of LFS
I play pretty much every day, even for only half an hour. Even after almost two years, I'm still patient about the patch, and I'm slowly transforming my desk into a makeshift "complete" car cockpit.

after briefly reading the LFS news, my father has commented that the devs are taking too long on the patch. After all, only three people work on LFS. I can picture how much work the Scavier trio are going through.
Where's the option "I play LFS once a week, and by the way, WHO CARES ABOUT THE GOD DAMN PATCH!"
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum : Not worth it
For what you are waiting? New patch not mean new LFS version (S3 or so...)
New patch bring some updates and new tyre model physics (but this one is also very good at today). But most things stay original. You not will seen new cars or tracks or objects or any visible things. LFS is not NFS where only visual updates are "updates". LFS is simulator and there are many things what should be updated and developed, but not all are visible. For what yor are waiting? If you are waiting every few months for new game, then play NFS or some similar game for children. LFS is racing simulator what need more precission work, but not as NFS or other screenshot generators. Even LFS is programming ONE MAN who do very nice job (plus 2 guys for graphics and web), and not 100-200 team members who doing only graphics, but no physics, and with 100 marketing managers with no real technical job on the final product.
Please, not awaiting new game with big changes from 1 programmer, but play with existing simulator, and you will pleasure from every small, but big value update when new patch is comming (when it will done). There are many things what need to do in LFS, but it need many time for 1 programmer. But final product from 1 programmer is most clean and stable, not as from 100 member team who generated big 50MB XY.EXE file with many not effective and not clean code, with 5GB final product with 5 min load time, and with no physics. If you want it, then go play NFS. But LFS is product of 1 programmer and 2 additional people for graphics, sound and web, and he are doing most clean and better product as some other screenshot generator teams with 100 members.
There are many things to do for 1 programmer, please leave him to work on this nice product, and not be impatient.
Suggested improvements log:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626
This all need to do.
Quote from Danny LFS :Where's the option "I play LFS once a week, and by the way, WHO CARES ABOUT THE GOD DAMN PATCH!"

Then you can stay on Z28, so you do not need to update
I believe what he is saying, is the same as a few others have also eluded to on this thread.

We are happy to race once or twice a week on LFS, we are not holding out for a patch (though when it comes we will embrace it). We are not crying about when or if there will ever be a patch, just getting on and enjoying what we have right now.

Your options in the poll do not allow for drivers that are essentially happy but only race a couple of times a week.

I help run a league that is full of once a week racers, and we need 2 servers to fit our drivers on the grid, every week.

Sorry for anyone I may upset

What is your situation with LFS?
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG