The online racing simulator
Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
Greatz Audi !

Bad Peugeot 908 .....

4 cars started 908 arrived one car

Les peugeot on plus penser a leurs vitesse de chrono qu'a endurance !
Quote from Becky Rose :Because there was a French team in with a chance of the win and that's what the French TV company focused on at the French race.

On the plus side, as things turned out, this made gloating over French failure much easier.

The French medias were still pretty much happy in the end, don't worry about those hypocrtites As said so well France's most viewed TV journal last Sunday(before even pronouncing the words Peugeot or Audi!), "A Frenchman won"(Dumas)
Quote from deggis :All of the flags were correct because the flag comes from racing license. Which is completelly irrational from a tv spectator point of view...

Then it makes sense because of Treluyers racing in Japan, but I still wonder why McNish's flag was Monogasque. Surely he could aquire such License in the UK?
Quote from BreadC :closed top probably more aerodynamic too

It is, thats no surprise, i'm more interested in the contradicting engine choice. Hindaugh? sounded pretty sure it wasn't going to be a diesel.
Quote from BreadC :closed top probably more aerodynamic too

Probably? No, definately. Unless they try to race a brick or a T25.
Got the new Sportauto yesterday, and they wrote that both Peugeot and Audi will change from Diesel back to Gasolin (with KERS), because its harder to aquire the needed exhaust gas limit values (right word?) with diesels next year. They will most likely sport small turbocharged petrol bangers, like the LMP2 MZR-R (imagine Audi running a inline-5 :bowdown

The article also said that Aston wants to run without KERS, aiming for a lower minimal dry weight (something like 850kg instead of 900kg with KERS, dunno were they got those numbers from)

Without the diesel dominance, may some more manufactures enter LMP1 please?

edit: btw, that racecar engineering article is from February, and next years rules where published just last week.
Quote from ACCAkut :The article also said that Aston wants to run without KERS, aiming for a lower minimal dry weight (something like 850kg instead of 900kg with KERS, dunno were they got those numbers from)

iirc 900 kg will be the minimum weight anyway, of course underweight car benefits from more ideal ballast placement.

Quote :edit: btw, that racecar engineering article is from February, and next years rules where published just last week.

Good point. I saw it linked on another forum and just assumed it was recent.
Quote from BlueFlame :They are only racing against 1 other works team, which is FORD lol, hardly competition is it? and when you have the best WRC driver driving for you, the chances are you will get results regardless.

Thats because they dominated soo bad that everyone left.
Quote :Peugeot will return in 2011 with an all new KERS equipped V8 engined car dubbed the 90x (909)

4 cylinders just lost their job

, now we need to know what the other manufactures come up with. Words are we might see some of the former F1 teams, Honda (Acura) and Toyota (Lexus) maybe?
Unless there is surprise announcement in coming weeks, I don't think there will be any additions to Peugeot, Audi, Aston Martin and HPD/Acura/Honda. And the last two ones are not even confirmed.
Quote from deggis :Unless there is surprise announcement in coming weeks, I don't think there will be any additions to Peugeot, Audi, Aston Martin and HPD/Acura/Honda. And the last two ones are not even confirmed.

don't worry you are wrong with GT2 engine in LMP2 you can be sure that some Ferrari or BMW engine gonna be in some LMP2 next year...and as we saw with Honda...Moreover anothr japan manifacturer is ok to help some teams to have in engine
Maybe... but I was talking about factory teams.
Sometimes factory come because of private teams...as Peugeot did
Only 32 cars...
GT1 is dead as we already knew and LMP1 has only 4 cars but it will be interesting to see if the balance is effective.
Still plenty of cars in LMP2, FLM and GT2 so it will still be interesting
I'm already in Algarve (Lagos) and in 2 days I'm going to watch my first race on the track
Good thing I'm precisly going to watch the race that has nearly no broadcast at all (Eurosport is gay!)
@Sir Moi : lot of teams are waiting 2011 and new rules like Ibanez Racing Service, Norma Auto Concept (their car is already ready but for having seing it in live, it was seriously hurt)...and lot of teams that are racing in some other endurance championship (like VdeV in france or ISC in Germany) are interested by new LMP2 "low cost". Moreover several LMP2 current teams wanna keep almost their package and race in P1 next year...so wait and see !
-
(ACCAkut) DELETED by ACCAkut : my brain is now working again
Say hello to 2014 edition of Group C.

Some info from the first meeting regarding 2014 regulations: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjuly10.html

Quote :- "Power: limited by a maximum instantaneous amount of energy that can be used."
- "Other proposal: control could be achieved by allocation of fuel quantity."
- "Type of engine: All types of engine apart from turbines, reactors and engines using Stirling cycle."
- "Weight of the car: only one minimum weight. Minimum weight proposed: 775 kg."

Ok, it is very preliminary...
:headbang:

Haha I love how they've specifically outlawed reactors from the allowed engine types.

I'd be very happy if this went ahead, think of the potential for variety.

Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG