The online racing simulator
cant host server help help
(24 posts, started )
hi i live in the uk i just had a new router put in and the issue that i have is i cant host a server for some reasson i had a look on port fowording site and it does not look like the same as my router settings does i have a BT HOME hub 2.0 plz if there is anyone out there that can help me i ill be greatfull i need preaty much to learn about this router can any 1 help me thanks

ps the router is BT HOME HUB 2.0

thanks
bigmig@uk

plz contact me on skype if is any better my name is bigmig13 plz help me i wanna kill my pc HELP...
Quote from bigmig :hi i live in the uk i just had a new router put in and the issue that i have is i cant host a server for some reasson i had a look on port fowording site and it does not look like the same as my router settings does i have a BT HOME hub 2.0 plz if there is anyone out there that can help me i ill be greatfull i need preaty much to learn about this router can any 1 help me thanks

ps the router is BT HOME HUB 2.0

thanks
bigmig@uk

plz contact me on skype if is any better my name is bigmig13 plz help me i wanna kill my pc HELP...

plz asap this is killing me lol
#3 - filur
#5 - filur
Use this website to check whether the LFS ports (63392 and 29339) are opened. When you set up the forward, make sure you forward both TCP and UDP of each port.
still cant get it working bloody router can any one help
We can't help you if you don't provide any info. Did that website mark your ports as opened or not?
Quote from MadCatX :We can't help you if you don't provide any info. Did that website mark your ports as opened or not?

no did t work when i done all the ports on the router everything like the port fowording site says but when i start the game and try to host no one joins in the game and if i open i secound lfs exe to see the hosted servers i cant see my server in the game so i dont really know where i am going wrong i hope this helps you to help me
Are you able to talk like a grown up adult?

Post screenshots of the router port forwarding pages if you want, and at least have the server up so others can try and join.
You won't be able to see your own server from another LFS instance running on the same computer, use lfsworld.net instead. Do you get any error messages when you're launching the server? Do other people get any errors when they try to connect? Do you have a firewall?
Quote from MadCatX :You won't be able to see your own server from another LFS instance running on the same computer, use lfsworld.net instead. Do you get any error messages when you're launching the server? Do other people get any errors when they try to connect? Do you have a firewall?

dont have no issues lounching the game but when u do your settings on the router ,do u go strait into the game to host the game or do u need seperate software to host the game if so how do u do it plz help me here if you can plz ty
You obviously haven't bothered to read any of filur's links have you?
Quote from boothy :You obviously haven't bothered to read any of filur's links have you?

i have and i am great for it but it does not make no sence to me is there a retard way about it ty
Is there some sort of language barrier between us or do you just deliberately ignore a half of every post? I don't mean to be rude, but you hardly answer any questions we ask. Please understand that without some extra info we won't be able to help you.

OK, back on topic.
- No extra software is needed to host the game.
> Do you have a firewall?
> Can you take screenshots of the menu where you set the port forwarding on your router?
> When you start a server, is it listed at lfsworld.net?
> Using this website, can you check that it reports LFS ports as opened? (you'll have to start LFS server before testing!)
> What happens when someone tries to connect to your server?
> What Windows version do you have?

If we are to help you, we need as much info as possible. Answering the questions above should tell us more.
ok firewall on the pc is on but no anti virus
on the router the firewall is on is http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/bigmig4885/bt1.jpg

my port settings are this on the picture http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/bigmig4885/bt.jpg

my windows is xp 32bit
this is how it looks in the game when hosting http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/bigmig4885/gane.jpg
and this is on lfs desktop http://i616.photobucket.com/al ... t249/bigmig4885/gane2.jpg
and after all that still cant see my server

can u plz tell me if is it correct or wrong plz ty
Firstly, completely disable the firewall on the router. These half-stupid firewall thingies can cause a lot of trouble. In the port forwarding menu set the "Protocol" and "Trigger Protocol" settings to the same value.
And don't be shy and post screenies in some higher resolution next time, it's pretty difficult to read anything from them
Quote from MadCatX :Firstly, completely disable the firewall on the router. These half-stupid firewall thingies can cause a lot of trouble. In the port forwarding menu set the "Protocol" and "Trigger Protocol" settings to the same value.
And don't be shy and post screenies in some higher resolution next time, it's pretty difficult to read anything from them

what do u mean by this = In the port forwarding menu set the "Protocol" and "Trigger Protocol" settings to the same value. ?
ty i manage to host it ppl join in 2 but the only issue is that only 1 person is allowed to race it says race full can u plz help asap
Quote from MadCatX :Firstly, completely disable the firewall on the router. These half-stupid firewall thingies can cause a lot of trouble. In the port forwarding menu set the "Protocol" and "Trigger Protocol" settings to the same value.

ty i manage to host it ppl join in 2 but the only issue is that only 1 person is allowed to race it says race full can u plz help asap
You need to change the max number of cars allowed in the Start new host Options screen.
If you take your time and read through the settings you might have more success.
what is the server you planning is that a 24hour server?
anyways is it dedi or lfs client?
i want to have a normal server but when i host ppl cant join the game they say race is full wat do have to do ?
Try reading (and comprehending ) the replies instead of asking the same questions over and over.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG