The online racing simulator
New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
It should be easy, they only need to match the car handling and set it in San Franciso, because that was all the original had going for it. I actually prefer the Driver series to GTA, simply because the focus is on the vehicles rather than the story and characters. I didn't care why I had to drive from one point to the next with the police chasing me, I just bloody loved going sideways round corners and smashing through cardboard box littered alleyways. Then after the mission was over you could go and create a short movie of the whole thing and show your mates how awesome you are.
i was goofing around with files from the original pc game and realized that it would be easy as hell to make custom-made levels...
Anybody having the release date?
It would be nice if you would be able to use the wheel.
lol i remember Driver 1 when i was jumping over a bridge in miami landed on a car and backflipped over the stoplight thingies and landed on 4 wheels . it was really funny to see that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQp6lMbMHrc

.........He woke up, and it had all been a dream.

Talk about pathetic and lazy writing. Tanner's in a coma, doesn't realise it, thinks he has super-powers. That's going to absorb you into the world isn't it? Monumental cock-up.
Quote from sinbad :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQp6lMbMHrc

.........He woke up, and it had all been a dream.

Talk about pathetic and lazy writing. Tanner's in a coma, doesn't realise it, thinks he has super-powers. That's going to absorb you into the world isn't it? Monumental cock-up.

ashes to ashes or life on mars anyone?
I like the way he steers.
Most games have a steering wheel which is 60-90° lock to lock.

This one looks FAAAR better, and it looks like you can play it with the wheel because of the shift-ability
Well, this ****ed it all up...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I like the way he steers.
Most games have a steering wheel which is 60-90° lock to lock.

This one looks FAAAR better, and it looks like you can play it with the wheel because of the shift-ability

How?
SHIFT enables you to, almost, teleport from one car on the street to another that is nearby to you without leaving your vehicle, it has nothing to do with wheels or shifting.
Driver 1 is one of my favourite games ever. A remake with updated graphics and the posibility to drive with a G25 using the clutch is enough for me
was looking great until the "shift" crap -.-
They have completely missed the point of their own bloody game, it's meant to be just a straight up car chase game, they should fire whoever came up with this Life on Mars style coma shit.
It could come in handy but overall it just sort of ruined it
But licenced cars for the first time
Licensed cars? Booooo

I bet it won't have damage or something I'd prefer fictional cars anyway, the previous Driver games weren't licensed
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Licensed cars? Booooo

I bet it won't have damage or something I'd prefer fictional cars anyway, the previous Driver games weren't licensed

I did hear them saying they will be damaged... Unless I am deaf
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They have completely missed the point of their own bloody game, it's meant to be just a straight up car chase game, they should fire whoever came up with this Life on Mars style coma shit.

+10000000000

But it's not actually "their own game". It's Atari's game ever since the first one. The Driver series (IMO unfortunately) got sold to Ubisoft and now they're making this sh*t with it. I still want to play with it though because it's the Driver series and I've always been a fan of it. I wish Atari were making this one though, but since their entire company almost got sold for serious lack of funds I guess it had to be done that way.
The Shift feature looks pretty dumb but if the driving and handling and such are convincing then I'll definitely be giving this a try.
Hell.

No.
Quote from 91mason91 :How?
SHIFT enables you to, almost, teleport from one car on the street to another that is nearby to you without leaving your vehicle, it has nothing to do with wheels or shifting.

The driver turns his wheel more or less like a G25, which is good.
The shift-ability could probably be controlled with the mouse or D-pad.
Short said, you can probably play it with your wheel.
I was just digging through a box of all my old games the other night(looking for Sim City 4) and came across Driver, was an awesome game. I used to just spend hours cruising around running from the cops. I have little faith they wouldn't mess a new one up, but who knows. If they could recreate the feeling of the original, I'd buy this game in a second.
I always found it strange why the wheels on muscle cars have plastic covers on them (Driver 1 that is)
Hubcaps. Staple of 70s car chases along with boxes
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Hubcaps. Staple of 70s car chases along with boxes

They are also one of the list of five things that make a great Driver game.

1. Hubcaps falling off
2. Alleys with boxes in
3. Old muscle cars with crap suspension
4. San Francisco
5. Film editor

Now if some spikey haired spotty idiot came up to me with a list like this...

1. Hubcaps falling off
2. Alleys with boxes in
3. Old muscle cars with crap suspension
4. San Francisco
5. Film editor
6. Teleport to any car at any time you want using magic coma powers which the character assumes are actually superpowers he got from crashing into a radioactive truck or something like that.

...then I would falcon punch them through a window into a pile of boxes I had previously placed in the alley outside.

New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG