The online racing simulator
Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
hotmail> the thing is, that 3 times I came up with an offer for the devs, 2x they turned it down right away and the last one, the truck, they at first said yes, I've sent them a 3d model of the truck, but after some time, the guys from Buggyra started asking on the progress and after about a year of the thing being in the status "yes, it will be" it changed to "no, sorry" ... How do you think we looked like infront of the Buggyra guys?
So when we got the offer from Skoda Auto to model the Fabia RS, we did not ask the devs, we went straight to rF and made the mod in 3 weeks to a complete satisfaction of Skoda Auto... Would you have gone to the devs again after such experience and with such a deal?
Attached images
FullPic1.jpg
Quote from Chaos :hotmail> the thing is, that 3 times I came up with an offer for the devs, 2x they turned it down right away and the last one, the truck, they at first said yes, I've sent them a 3d model of the truck, but after some time, the guys from Buggyra started asking on the progress and after about a year of the thing being in the status "yes, it will be" it changed to "no, sorry" ... How do you think we looked like infront of the Buggyra guys?
So when we got the offer from Skoda Auto to model the Fabia RS, we did not ask the devs, we went straight to rF and made the mod in 3 weeks to a complete satisfaction of Skoda Auto... Would you have gone to the devs again after such experience and with such a deal?

So you think LFS will be now a big failure, just only because they did not took Skoda Fabia RS in LFS as recreated?
Quote from Chaos :hotmail> the thing is, that 3 times I came up with an offer for the devs, 2x they turned it down right away and the last one, the truck, they at first said yes, I've sent them a 3d model of the truck, but after some time, the guys from Buggyra started asking on the progress and after about a year of the thing being in the status "yes, it will be" it changed to "no, sorry" ... How do you think we looked like infront of the Buggyra guys?

Have to admit, I still don´t understand the point you´re trying to make with this topic. You´re talking about a car that, like you just said, was never offered to the LFS devs, so you can´t say they would want it or not. You talk about a mod for RFactor but you don´t post a link to it. If your goal is to promote that mod, why is this topic in the general LFS discussion, instead of the off topic section, where all the other games related topics are...
No, my point is to poke the devs a bit, to get moving a get things done...

I don't think this makes LFS a big failure, I still hope that the devs will come up with something which will make LFS a star again...

and I will not promote the mod, one> because the people from Skoda Auto have not yet said it could be made public, two> this is not the place for that...
Remember that we are only hearing one side of the story here. On top of that we are hearing a side of the story comming from someone who feels hard done by in the deal.

I'm willing to bet that a look at the correspondance from both sides would change the whole look of this thread.

Quote :...and after about a year of the thing being in the status "yes, it will be" it changed to "no, sorry" ...

Without seeing the email you sent them asking for a status update this means nothing. Also based on the way you have written in this thread I can't see it being the nicest of emails. We all know that the devs have got bogged down with tyre physics etc. and an email asking for an update on something that they likely put on the back burner could have steered them towards saying "lets just not bother with that then"

Finally you are saying you didn't even bother asking them about the Skoda so this thread is really just another "whinge at the devs" thread with a "lets wind the locals up" thrown in.

Edit:
Quote :No, my point is to poke the devs a bit, to get moving a get things done...

So my last paragraph was right then? I'd put a lot of money on there being more to this truck thing than you are letting on.
How long ago did they turn the Truck (cab) down?

Oh and as chunkyracer says, give us a link to this mod otherwise you're talking out of your rear end (since I can't find it on rTractor central or through google...)
Quote from menantoll :Remember that we are only hearing one side of the story here. On top of that we are hearing a side of the story comming from someone who feels hard done by in the deal.

True, I've put a lot of effort into getting the deals, but with no outcome.

Quote from menantoll :
I'm willing to bet that a look at the correspondance from both sides would change the whole look of this thread.

Don't know, but I will not quote the emails.

Quote from menantoll :
Without seeing the email you sent them asking for a status update this means nothing. Also based on the way you have written in this thread I can't see it being the nicest of emails. We all know that the devs have got bogged down with tyre physics etc. and an email asking for an update on something that they likely put on the back burner could have steered them towards saying "lets just not bother with that then"

It was the people from Buggyra who had to ask, to get an answer from the devs. And yes, the devs say in the mail it is because of the tyre physics and other things.
Quote from menantoll :Finally you are saying you didn't even bother asking them about the Skoda so this thread is really just another "whinge at the devs" thread with a "lets wind the locals up" thrown in.

No I did not bother, because from my previous experience it would be useless. And yes, as I said before, my aim was to stirr things up a little.

boothy> 9.9.2008 I made the offer, 27.10.2009 they said they will not make the truck.

no, I will not give a link, read my previous post for the reasons... The only thing I can give you are these 2 photos> http://www.facebook.com/#!/alb ... 82921&id=111081706057
Quote from Chaos :True, I've put a lot of effort into getting the deals, but with no outcome.

Like i said this is a shame , but atleast its nice you tried.

but personal i still think that lfs is in a luxury position, they can chose what they wanna do. ( this inst a bad thing.)

Quote from Chaos :

boothy> 9.9.2008 I made the offer, 27.10.2009 they said they will not make the truck.

Well, i guess thats can be correct. its not something you decide in 1 week, like most of us know, he is working for quite some time on the tyre physics already...

Like Scawen is always saying, it can work out or it does not work out. i assume this is an example that it doesn't work out.

Quote from Chaos :
no, I will not give a link, read my previous post for the reasons... The only thing I can give you are these 2 photos> http://www.facebook.com/#!/alb ... 82921&id=111081706057

i think here steps the 3 weeks work in. (even know in rTractor world this is a great mod) its not good enough in lfs. The standard in lfs is allso way higher then in rTractor. There still is no mod that handles better then lfs.

as far as i can see from the Rtractor devs they are also have a hard time with the tyre / sup physics. they started working on it back in 2006!!!. so in my eyes is lfs still 2 years ahead.

(RTractor =Rfactor)
Quote from hotmail :The standard in lfs is allso way higher then in rFactor. There still is no mod that handles better then lfs.

Oh how horribly wrong and uninformed you are
Quote from obsolum :Oh how horribly wrong and uninformed you are

Surely this is opinion anyway so, by definition, neither of you can be wrong.
Fair enough
I got curious and since there is no link here I went to look for the mod but neither on rfactor central nor in Goolge i found it.
Can you provide a donwload link so that I may check if it is worth all the trouble please?
Quote from Asphalt Scream :I got curious and since there is no link here I went to look for the mod but neither on rfactor central nor in Goolge i found it.
Can you provide a donwload link so that I may check if it is worth all the trouble please?

Read the thread (it's not that long)
Quote from obsolum :Read the thread (it's not that long)

Another LFS crusader...
If you look at my join date and postcount you will notice that I am a person who reads a lot and writes a little.
Anyway, lets raise postcount and waste bandwidth to explain you:
In the first thread it says there is a Fabia RS mod for rfactor ready, so I did, red the thread (and many times, actually every time there was a new post I came back and read it all again because after days I dind t remembre anything). but I found people who complained about Scirocco, people who wanted trucks in LFS, people who said the same things you can read in the tyre report thread but no download link.
I thought then that maybe LFS forum isnt the best place to put a link to a Rfactor mod so I went looking for it by myself, but still nothing.

So, AFTER all of this I decided to post here asking for directions.
I know it makes you look cool with the other kids acting like the big man on campus, but really telling me to read is totally out of context and didnt get me an answer. Pointing me in a direction or proving me we are talking about mushrooms and not about mods for Rfactor so that I am totally wrong would make you look bigger and also raise your postcount better than than what you did with your 2 words. Maybe its you who dindt read well what I wrote driven by the haste of posting...
Look at this huge and ugly textwall I wrote because of you!
Quote from Asphalt Scream :...A lot of toy throwing...

Dude chill out! The answers to your questions are in this very thread. To make it easier I have quoted them for you. Obsolum didn't suggest you read the whole forum, he suggested you read this thread again as you had obviously missed what I have quoted below.

Quote from Chaos :and I will not promote the mod, one> because the people from Skoda Auto have not yet said it could be made public, two> this is not the place for that...

Quote from Chaos :no, I will not give a link, read my previous post for the reasons... The only thing I can give you are these 2 photos> http://www.facebook.com/#!/alb ... 82921&id=111081706057

Quote from menantoll :Dude chill out! The answers to your questions are in this very thread. To make it easier I have quoted them for you. Obsolum didn't suggest you read the whole forum, he suggested you read this thread again as you had obviously missed what I have quoted below.

Thank you. If I was the author I would not explain it after this thread reached page 50...
I red the thread again fast because I thought it was the same all over again and missed the very important small line with the solution.
I apologize but anyway I could get an answer like this in the very first time, I got mad becxause I dont like to be addressed like an ignorant noob.
Quote from Asphalt Scream :I apologize but anyway I could get an answer like this in the very first time, I got mad becxause I dont like to be addressed like an ignorant noob.

You did get an answer in my first post, it was just subtly hidden in the smiley as I believe people should bother to read a thread properly if they wish to participate in the discussion at hand. You should have noticed when you quoted my post but I guess you didn't pay a lot of attention. I assumed you hadn't read the thread as the answer was given twice already in answer to the exact same question you posted

So after being disappointed from playing intermediate to someone who didn't want intermediating you came to brag to us that you did another car in three weeks? If your aim is to get people thinking that you getting another "module" into an already existing and extensively developed framework compares even slightly to making and maintaining a sim from the ground up you really need a reality check... Sorry that I can't be more supportive of you...
Quote from obsolum :You did get an answer in my first post, it was just subtly hidden in the smiley as I believe people should bother to read a thread properly if they wish to participate in the discussion at hand. You should have noticed when you quoted my post but I guess you didn't pay a lot of attention. I assumed you hadn't read the thread as the answer was given twice already in answer to the exact same question you posted

I should have called Robert Langdon to interprete the Smiley Code!
Anyway I never take emoticons in consideration, I think only the text is what matters and expresses fellings towards reader. Apart of this , after reading this thread several times waiting for the link I tohught the last few post were all the same so I red them without paying attention to the small one explaining why there was no link.I wanted it before the thread died. I overreacted because I felt addressed like the general idiot user of this forum. I apologize to have been rude to you and to drive this thread off topic.
Quote from Asphalt Scream :Thank you. If I was the author I would not explain it after this thread reached page 50...
I red the thread again fast because I thought it was the same all over again and missed the very important small line with the solution.
I apologize but anyway I could get an answer like this in the very first time, I got mad becxause I dont like to be addressed like an ignorant noob.

This thread is two pages long. You must be confused.
I like y'r buggyra work chaos, but i think the Skoda RS issn't a huge add for LFS.

What i'm going to say now is posted many times before but still i think its good for LFS. The Devs are not realy into mods and other stuff. i can understand why and everybody else can to i think.

But what i do think is good for LFS is a new member to the devs team. by a competition or another way. there are so many great developers/modders around here and in simworld. some fresh blood issn't always bad. and they can split jobs and help eachother out with problems.

The strength of LFS is the good physics. close competition and free updates. LFS is getting bigger and bigger and maybe it is to big now for just a handfull of devs wich is laying a huge pressure on them.
Quote from Breizh :This thread is two pages long. You must be confused.

At the time you wrote they were actually 3 pages and I made a joke.
Lets move on and talk about cars
Quote from obsolum :Oh how horribly wrong and uninformed you are

dont think so, i guess you are dreaming just a bit too much, with rfactor mods you will allways feel the engine ( game engine ). and thats where its going wrong,

im not uninformed, because i have played and still do play some mods.
So its not horribly wrong
Quote from Chaos :they at first said yes, I've sent them a 3d model of the truck, but after some time, the guys from Buggyra started asking on the progress and after about a year of the thing being in the status "yes, it will be" it changed to "no, sorry" ...

Is this the whole story? One year and couple of emails?
-
(Keling) DELETED by Keling

Yeah devs are a bit off world probably, guys from Skoda are crazy they basically want a lot but they think it's not and want it fast Not very good experences with them I heard of, how was yours? (I mean IT, research and such, so this might come close)

Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG