The online racing simulator
Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
Quote from TypeRacing :Tbh, Aston Martin deserved podium place...

They deserve it for having a sexy car with the most awesome engine sound ever to turn a wheel at Le Mans. They are by far the sexiest cars ever to race, I cannot think of another racing car as gorgeous or with such a lovely singing voice. The fact that it's pretty damn fast is just a bonus.
Lets not forget Matra :lovies3d:
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from deggis :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OzgoWfwJZU&

The pitlane accident (cameraman gets run over by an Audi) :eek:

(No gore.)

Typical of an Audi driver. :P

Jokes aside, I blame the cameraman to be honest. They need to make more of an effort to stay out of the way than this. It's a race, it does not revolve around them or start/stop at their convenience.

Quote from Becky Rose :They deserve it for having a sexy car with the most awesome engine sound ever to turn a wheel at Le Mans. They are by far the sexiest cars ever to race, I cannot think of another racing car as gorgeous or with such a lovely singing voice. The fact that it's pretty damn fast is just a bonus.

Dunno why Deggis removed this link but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-IVG0Nupfc

If the Astons just sat on the start line and revved their engines for 24 hours straight, I'd swim across the channel and walk on coal all the way to La Sarthe just to listen to it.
Quote from BenjiMC :Did you know alan mcnish and olivier beretta are from poland?

It was actually the Monogasque flag. But there were many flag defects, apparently Benoit Treluyer is Japanese too :P

Wellwellwellwellwellwell, what do I say? The biggest vag whore on here, I didn't expect Audi to win, but I woke up and was overjoyed to see them leading. Just typical of a French or even a non-German car. Audi in a sense fluked the win, but in a sense they didn't, did they look phased at all? No they were calm, cos they knew the Peugeots would bust down and they could cruise for the win!
Quote from lemming77 :
If the Astons just sat on the start line and revved their engines for 24 hours straight, I'd swim across the channel and walk on coal all the way to La Sarthe just to listen to it.

-> Click
I was sad for peugeot but that's racing it's not always friendly to you.
But this was pone of the best Le-Mans to date so much excitement so much drama.
Quote from BlueFlame :Just typical of a French or even a non-German car.

You realize that citroen is from the same group than peugeot and is completly dominating WRC for some years now?
And that makes your comment about french cars invalid...
Quote from Sir moi 407 :You realize that citroen is from the same group than peugeot and is completly dominating WRC for some years now?

Its useless he's a audi fan boy he will never admit audi is bad in any way.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :he will never admit audi is bad in any way.

Because they aren't.

IM NOT BEING SERIOUS DON'T CRY
Quote from Sir moi 407 :You realize that citroen is from the same group than peugeot and is completly dominating WRC for some years now?

They are only racing against 1 other works team, which is FORD lol, hardly competition is it? and when you have the best WRC driver driving for you, the chances are you will get results regardless.
Quote from BlueFlame :They are only racing against 1 other works team, which is FORD lol, hardly competition is it? and when you have the best WRC driver driving for you, the chances are you will get results regardless.

How many constructor in le Mans?

Anyway Audi didn't win Le Mans, in fact Peugeot lost it ! Le Mans beat Peugeot like it sometimes have beaten Ferrari, Porsche or Audi (yes it happened, remember last year ) Audi only finished the race without problems (which at Le Mans deserve the trophy)
Quote from MoMo92i :Anyway Audi didn't win Le Mans, in fact Peugeot lost it !

Losers fanboy ? Shhh and go away nub.
Quote from MoMo92i :How many constructor in le Mans?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see only two contesting for the LMP1 victory(Let's face the truth, Aston couldn't due to the technical regulations), which makes it close to the WRC business.
Reliability is such an important part of Le Mans that Audi won it by being far more reliable.

Even when a winner clearly demonstrates their superiority, there are always the desperate few who try to discredit the winner at all costs. :rolleyes:

Nice photos from Hamster.
@Blueflames
Please be honest at least
Citroen beated alot more cars than just the Ford Focus and you know that. They have maybe the most reliable car in WRC and yet, it's a PSA car.
EDIT: oh and by the way, what momo is trying to say (I think)
Is that it was not a spectacular performance for Audi (they always were slow and reliable)
But a BAD one for Peugeot (last year they were enough reliable, not like this year and dam fast like this year)
This is not discrediting Audi's win IMO
Quote from Sir moi 407 :@Blueflames
Please be honest at least
Citroen beated alot more cars than just the Ford Focus and you know that. They have maybe the most reliable car in WRC and yet, it's a PSA car.

Sure they did, but a few years ago already. Unless you find that pwning private Subarus and Mitsubichi from the ancient generation is rewarding for a constructor. You may think the WRC is the pinacle, but it's nowhere close than what it was in the 90s or the pre 2000 decade. The WRC has been half-dead for a few years now, and I can't understand why the medias nor the public can face the truth. Of course this doesn't remove any credit to their early titles though.

For me, Le Mans follows the same pattern than the DTM or the WRC: two main constructors involved due to the huge budgets involved, fighting to death, with all the politics and stuff. I loved to watch it, but I don't understand why everyone focussed so much on the LMP1, thinking it was the most interresting class. Sure, the scenario was rather entertaining, but the public definitely needs to understand that there's not so much glory in winning when you only have 1 opponent...(for one side or for the other, I'm neither Peugeot or Audi fanboy).
Quote from TypeRacing :Losers fanboy ? Shhh and go away nub.

Yes my Pescarolo wasn't here I was sad :'( Anyway I'm happy to see Romain Dumas winning it Fench ftw Audi deserve his win because of his reliability no doubt about that. I would have just been such an amazing performance for Peugeot #1. It would have been another exploit of this magical race. Anyway Peugeot were to sure about themselves and thought their car can't break...finally the best reminder of the world remind them what it is And that race was one of the 10 best Le Mans races for sure !

@Type racing : Guy guy, don't talk with me about Le Mans, you don't know what it is...

@Yann : and GT2 class? The main difference is that Le Mans isn't like all championship because it is the only one race which don't need any major constructor...Private team have still their spot in LMP2 for example where Oak racing or Quifel ASM manage to do some nice things for example.
Quote from MoMo92i :
@Yann : and GT2 class? The main difference is that Le Mans isn't like all championship because it is the only one race which don't need any major constructor...Private team have still their spot in LMP2 for example where Oak racing or Quifel ASM manage to do some nice things for example.

That's exactly what I was trying to proove. LMP1 is overrated in general, the public should give some more interrest to privateers. Please read again please
Quote :I don't understand why everyone focussed so much on the LMP1

Because there was a French team in with a chance of the win and that's what the French TV company focused on at the French race.

On the plus side, as things turned out, this made gloating over French failure much easier.
Quote from BlueFlame :It was actually the Monogasque flag. But there were many flag defects, apparently Benoit Treluyer is Japanese too :P

All of the flags were correct because the flag comes from racing license. Which is completelly irrational from a tv spectator point of view...
Quote :"We were like five seconds off what we could have done if we'd pushed hard," Montagny told AUTOSPORT. "But that wasn't the point, the point was to go to the end, take care of the mechanics, and unfortunately it didn't work."

"That's what I asked straight away: 'is there anything I could've done to save the engine?' They said there was nothing. You could've done all the mapping you want, and for this problem it would've been the same."

"We were not really pushing, we were very focused on the targets - not on qualifying," Montagny said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84457

Quote :Davidson: "...we ran this very engine configuration of the car, that's why we spent so much time doing 30-hour tests - three times, to make damn sure the car doesn't break. And until now it hasn't broken, it had been bullet proof."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84506

I guess its the biggest mystery to Peugeot...
Wow, it worked under 30 hour tests, and still went tits up in less than 24? Good luck figuring that one out, lads. Sounds like they're gonna need it.

Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG