The online racing simulator
Quote from JCTK :no one would say FIA have ever been consistant.

And obviously to their eyes it is acceptable. Who are we non corporate suits who don't care about cars to judge that it is unacceptable?

Fixed for you.
Quote from JCTK :no one would say FIA have ever been consistant.

And obviously to their eyes it is acceptable. Who are we normal viewers to judge that it is unacceptable?

We unlike the FIA, have common sense. (Well, not everbody)

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Fixed for you.

Tyre saving masterclass by Butto.... oh... sry... Hamilton

ha!

However Button drove a superb race today it has to be said!
seeing di grassi 5 laps down today after his abysmal performance in that iracing race yesterday...
oh em gee.... i just came back from the track... god those cars are beautifull!

at the start of the race i was at T6 standing on a garbage bin to have a birds eye view of the track then i was told to get down by the sercurity... XD
Loved near the end button started gaining on lewis, then lewis whacks some fast laps in & shows him who's boss
Nobody has mentioned the Massa overtake on Sutil yet, personally I loved it, it was cheeky as **** but very clever.
Luizzi recovered well also! He gets a lot of stick but he has to fight quite hard within the team
Just seen the race... another cracker. F1 boring? Not a chance

Great result for the Brits. Get in there guys!
Quote from 5haz :We unlike the FIA, have common sense. (Well, not everbody)

and Schumacher didn't get a penalty this time too.

Drivers will keep doing that as long as the stewards keep on going not punishing it.
What the hell, a good dry race??!!!
Mustafur... i think you need to change your sig. And come on Mclaren... that is how we do that!
Quote from Mustafur :Im surprised there was no penalty against Hamilton for unsafe release.

Bah, stop whining and update your sig

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd by oscar...
The race was so boring, I almost fell asleep watching it.

No, really, it wasn't, but I hadn't seen these words in this thread yet, so I had to put it right. This is why F1 is worth watching, through almost the whole race, you couldn't call it at all about who was going to win, and it carried on like that until the last 10 laps.
Yes, it was a very enjoyable race
Quote from JJ72 :What the hell, a good dry race??!!!

all they need to do is to lay down some Canadian tarmac on all the boring tracks!
Team orders in place for Red Bull - both slowed considerably as Vettel had gearbox problems, but Webber wasn't in any particular trouble.

Wonder what would have happened if Webber was in front but struggling?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Team orders in place for Red Bull - both slowed considerably as Vettel had gearbox problems, but Webber wasn't in any particular trouble.

Wonder what would have happened if Webber was in front but struggling?

I think they told Webber "fuel saving is critical" when in fact it wasn't!
What was the deal at the end with the red bulls finishing so far behind? Like that gap was 10 seconds or so on the last lap. Then by the end of the lap its like 25 seconds or something anyone know what happened?
Quote from AstroBoy :What was the deal at the end with the red bulls finishing so far behind? Like that gap was 10 seconds or so on the last lap. Then by the end of the lap its like 25 seconds or something anyone know what happened?

Don't know about Webber. But in a post race interview, Vettel was talking about some gearbox problem.
Finally got to watch the race, and it was fantastic. Petrov spinning off on his own on the front straight was silly, and otherwise not a brilliant race, needs to get his act together. Another erratic race for Massa, T1&2 could have been a bit more careful, and driving into Schumacher was completely avoidable.

Nice one for Alonso, further evidence of the only thing holding him back is the car. Would have been awesome to see Kubica & Alonso in a Ferrari but oh well. Kubica & Schumacher incident was down to both drivers, Schumacher squeezed a little bit too much and Kubica didn't have the overlap to dive for the whole racing line. Dunno what to say about the RBs and Button, average race I guess, but very solid drive by Hamilton. Nice to see he didn't get his panties in a bunch after losing the lead for a bit
Quote from NotAnIllusion :and driving into Schumacher was completely avoidable.

Well there wasn't much he could do seeing as Schumacher tried to push him off the track.

Schumacher's frustration obviously getting to him, excessively aggressive.
Ima disagree with you on Massa.

e: here is why. In the image, the black line is Schumacher and red is Massa. Also note that I've looked at TV footage over and over again, and come to the conclusion that Massa has no overlap when both drivers begin to brake.

You see drivers brake slightly toward the outside all the time, it happens quite a bit, as per the black line. Massa was never going to be able to go around Schumacher in that chicane, and while it's reasonable to expect both hold their lines, it's also reasonably forseeable that because they're not side by side Schumacher will move slightly to get a better apex. He moved too much because he didn't expect Massa to try alongside round the outside. If it was a right-hand turn only, it would be expected from Massa for better exit, but he'd have completely stuffed his left-hand exit trying to go all the way beside Schumacher here. It would have been better to back off half a metre and get space for the full racing line and best possible exit.
Attached images
f1-msc-mas.jpg
Its generally considered bad to move about in braking zones when you have a following car, and incidents such as this one are good examples why. Massa may not have had any overlap but Schumacher left him with nowhere to go. Massa wasn't trying to put a passing move on Schumacher, Schumi braked earlier, probrably because he was struggling with the cars handling yet again.

Of course because Schumacher is the driver in question it can't possibly be his fault. People have such warped ideas of what and what isn't acceptable in racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG