The online racing simulator
Why is the Raceabout not more popular?
Are there any fans of this car? Detractors?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I think he is trying to say 'why isn't the Raceabout popular'
Fixed awful grammar in thread title.
Maybe because its handling is very bad.
I fell in love with the RAC yesterday, I love it around FE5
#6 - delis
I have always liked the Raceabout! One of the best and interesting to drive rear wheel drive car in LFS!
Same here! Takes some time getting used to, but once you have a decent setup it's among the most enjoyable cars in LFS I think.
Quote from Gnomie :Same here! Takes some time getting used to, but once you have a decent setup it's among the most enjoyable cars in LFS I think.

Indeed, RAC@Oval is also awesome.
I love the RAC but since my wheel is broken, racing it with mouse is friggin' hard.

understeer understeer understeer, try to induce poweroversteer but NO its 0 or 100% throttle so I end up crashing or doing very badly
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA]
Try getting rid of the locked diff.
#11 - MR_B
Because of the tyre physics.

Thread killer in action!
Quote from MR_B :Because of the tyre physics.

Thread killer in action!

It's super-effective!
i always thought the lack of a rear ARB had something to do with it. i can't keep it from spinning out.

but the bigger reason i don't drive it, is that i think the interior is ugly. :vomit:
Useful for just taking pretty pictures to me.
Don't like the look, and don't like the handling.
That's two good reasons for me not liking it.

Again, IMO
I love how everyone is saying 'I love the LX6/RAC/FZ5, they are the coolest bestest cars out there' in these threads, but in reality no one never drives them because they are really hard to handle. Especially the RAC, which is really a pain in the ass to go fast with. It's hard to have good competitive races with them cause they need lots and lots of practice and proper sets to have a decent stable pace.
Let's face it, no one really likes it, only the forum warriors in these threads.
Quote from bunder9999 :i always thought the lack of a rear ARB had something to do with it. i can't keep it from spinning out.

but the bigger reason i don't drive it, is that i think the interior is ugly. :vomit:

I struggle with it as well, end up fishtailing wildly everywhere, its as if there is no middle ground with it, its either gripping, or it isnt, very little (if any) oppertunity to keep a hold of it, by the time it starts to spin, its already spun!

I wasnt a huge fan of the interior colour either, easily sorted tho, import DDS file into photoshop, set colour saturation to zero, normal coloured interior!

Quote from RevengeR :I love how everyone is saying 'I love the LX6/RAC/FZ5, they are the coolest bestest cars out there' in these threads, but in reality no one never drives them because they are really hard to handle. Especially the RAC, which is really a pain in the ass to go fast with. It's hard to have good competitive races with them cause they need lots and lots of practice and proper sets to have a decent stable pace.
Let's face it, no one really likes it, only the forum warriors in these threads.

I actually do like the lx6, tis a bastard to drive, but it is at least driveable for me, just, not that im quick, but i can manage to drive it okay ish.

The lx4 on the other hand seems horrible to drive, and much more difficult than the lx6, which is odd, you'd expect the more powerful one to be more difficult, strange.

As bob smith once said, an lx cannot be over powered, just under controlled.
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by danthebangerboy : double posting makes me cry
The best races I've ever in LFS had have been in the RSC, which is a RAC/FZ5 league.
Quote from RevengeR :I love how everyone is saying 'I love the LX6/RAC/FZ5, they are the coolest bestest cars out there' in these threads, but in reality no one never drives them because they are really hard to handle. Especially the RAC, which is really a pain in the ass to go fast with. It's hard to have good competitive races with them cause they need lots and lots of practice and proper sets to have a decent stable pace.

Agree with you there, well put
And I love how someone with 18 posts moans about RAC.

I've driven the RAC around various tracks(not many...), I love it. Stable sets, skills and luck is the key for good times, nothing else.
I think the fact that you have to use such ridculous setups to get the thing even resembling the handling of an actrual car thats the issue, even with the best set possible it still aint brilliant, it just breaks grip too quickly and in all the wrong places.
#22 - AMB
Quote from hp999 :And I love how someone with 18 posts moans about RAC.

I've driven the RAC around various tracks(not many...), I love it. Stable sets, skills and luck is the key for good times, nothing else.

Your a retard, how does his post count have anything at all to do with his online play? maybe he plays more in-game instead of failing at trolling on a forum like you, anyway he wasn't complaining, he was saying why isn't it more popular than it already is, so it's quite the opposite.
Quote from hp999 :And I love how someone with 18 posts moans about RAC.

Well, I am glad I made you happy but I don't think I said whether I like the car or not. I just asked what other people thought. Besides, my number of posts has nothing to do with my number of years spent sim racing and modding the physics in GPL cars.

I would like to try some of those "decent" and "proper" setups. The ones I have tried so far either have uncontrollable oversteer from the start or have understeer right up the the point the back end slides away never to be recovered.
Quote from AMB :Your a retard, how does his post count have anything at all to do with his online play? maybe he plays more in-game instead of failing at trolling on a forum like you, anyway he wasn't complaining, he was saying why isn't it more popular than it already is, so it's quite the opposite.

First up, the topic he brought up has been going on for years(even though I haven't been here for 'many years'), due to the fact that RAC is very unstable in LFS, not speaking about the fact how unrealistic the setups are. Speaking of which, RAC is the least used car in LFS(since S2 was released). Now, I don't see, why people wouldn't complain about it, since it's a hard car to handle. I was assuming he is new to LFS(which he is), so he came to the forums, and made a thread about it. Probably the scenario was - he some of the cars, found RAC to be the hardest to drive and then made a thread. Not being a dumb idiot about his postcount - most of the cases it is all about it , which brings some others to the thought the driver is a newbie.

Secondly, this is LFS, not rFactor. I'm quite sure RAC isn't featured in any other simulator, correct me, if I'm wrong.

RAC setups can be found at setupgrid.net, if there is a need.
RAC is perfectly (not really perfect cuz of tire physics) here at LFS but only eats the sliding which you lost control on the race but I love it when I'm driving it in AS5 with mouse configuration controls.

Why is the Raceabout not more popular?
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG