The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Expensive subscription + Not really owning anything = Nah no thanks :/

Anyway arguably the lfs physics engine is just as good if not better. We just need laser scanned tracks or tracks with more bumps and personality to improve the driving feel further. this will bring out the best from lfs. As for mods I agree that if moding is introduced there will be a random quality of mods, but if the community rate and recommend mods to others, then for me theres no problem with mods. Ultimately this is what can send lfs in to the stratosphere, Look at some of the better mods for example in rfactor or RBR, there amazing. also there must be a way to stop the online matching of mods issue i have heard people talk about as an argument against mods.
Quote from mehmet ersen :Expensive subscription + Not really owning anything = Nah no thanks :/

Anyway arguably the lfs physics engine is just as good if not better. We just need laser scanned tracks or tracks with more bumps and personality. this will bring out the best from lfs. I agree that if moding is introduced there will be a random quality of mods, but if the community rate and recommend mods to others, then for me theres no problem with mods. Look at some of the better mods for example rfactor or RBR, there amazing.

Wow, looks like a post from 2008 has made its way onto this page

(expensive subscription? even at the shitty exchange rate we have over here at the moment it still only works out a £5.66 a month. Hardly breaking the bank it is?)
YAY I WON A RACE!

That's all
nub. Only 4th place.

meh, I can't speak. . I'm only class D still.. working my way up though.. slowly again.
But I am finishing in the middle of a load of DWC drivers, plus the fact that those are some of the best ones.

You crushed my heart Dustin
I'm slow as shit. I'm getting better, thinking more about being consistent rather than OMG MUST PLACE FAST LAP!... it's paying off.. I'm almost upto a SR of 3 again.
Quote from DaveWS :Was really looking forward to this event, didn't go my way at all. In fact I am quite appalled at the driving displayed by one driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntMJ7BugFA

Where are the results? I wanna know who it is. I guess, DI Grassi himself?

The second incident is really ridiculous. Even I wouldn't have done something like that.
Quote from zeugnimod :Where are the results? I wanna know who it is. I guess, DI Grassi himself?

Nope, It wasn't Di Grassi... he was to busy throwing himself of the track to be any danger to Dave
:O

Holy hell..
I just did a solstice race (I know, laugh it up).. Finally got down to a 1:49.0... AND for whatever reason, earned .57 SR!

All in all, a damn fine race!

Oh yeah, and I won!
Quote from The Moose :Nope, It wasn't Di Grassi... he was to busy throwing himself of the track to be any danger to Dave

Damn, iRacing must be really realistic then.
Haha, it was fun watching Di Grassi. Poor guy
You have to give him credit for doing it, though. He only had something to lose from it. Which he apparently did in the end but still.
Quote from DaveWS :Was really looking forward to this event, didn't go my way at all. In fact I am quite appalled at the driving displayed by one driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntMJ7BugFA

That is absolutely unacceptable behaviour for an event of this stature IMO. Can't believe he didn't get penalized.

Gotta agree with bunder that that vid isn't really an advertisement for iRacing The sounds are very "meh", the graphics look very below average from that camera view and the overall look of the game is very "game-ish" rather than a proper racesim.
Quote from PMD9409 :This tonight felt like a win, I'll tell you that much.

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2093021&custid=15579

Great job Phil, impressive in that field with several top DWC drivers. And grats on your win Dustin. :P

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Haha, it was fun watching Di Grassi. Poor guy

Di Grassi had a bit of a nightmare yeah. He obviously hadn't had enough practice to feel comfortable in the sim, and after a couple of excursions his car was too damaged to continue (I don't think the cars were repaired after a reset). Hopefully other drivers won't be put off by the challenge in the future but it seems to probably be the case.
is there any good promo codes for a renewal?
Check your inbox they sent out emails for half price 3 months subs.

Also there is currently a hosted Vette @ Brands Indy session running, anyone up for a play?. The C6R actually handles better than the V8 & is really quite a lot of fun .
damn i knew i should never have deleted all my emails recently. does anyone happen to have one spare?
Every promo code was unique
Quote from dawesdust_12 : for whatever reason, earned .57 SR!

Whenever you pass a whole number (2.0, 3.0...) you get 0.50 extra but it works downwards aswell
isn`t it only 0.40?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG