The online racing simulator
install neon?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - G!NhO
install neon?
I have this neon light laying around, and i want to see how it looks in my pc case. How do i connect the damn thing?

It is the same as this one, the neon is connected with 2 white cables to the blue box and on the other side of the blue box are a red and a black wire and it is 12V.

Thanks.
Wouldn't it just be + and - to the Red & Black wires?
#3 - G!NhO
Yes but where do i connect them? :S
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#4 - G!NhO
I have one molex cable like this, the end in the top right goes into the psu but where do i put the cable of the neon? I guess the one in the middle, red in yellow and black in one of the black.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#5 - G!NhO
Hmm doesn't work, it might be broken because i haven't used it for a long time. So i gotta check if it works.

But i also read somewhere you can connect it to a fan in/output.
It needlessly consumes power and transforms it into heat energy... the last thing you need in a computer case.
Quote from speedway :connect to a ordinary 4pin molex, black cable to black cable, and red cable to yellow cable (the red cable on the molex pin is 5V!)

Important note to add also,, Yellow wire is 12v!

Quote from G!NhO :I have one molex cable like this, the end in the top right goes into the psu but where do i put the cable of the neon? I guess the one in the middle, red in yellow and black in one of the black.

IMO,I'd check the max in-put that the neon can handle & use a resister if needed to regulate correct current....
& depending on the neon's max out-put,I'd say it shouldn't produce much heat to cause any concern ..
As long as you have proper cooling to begin with,No worry's!!

install neon?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG