The online racing simulator
dvd and bd rom goes nuts!
(14 posts, started )
Hey folks!

I have wierd problem! i just bought an LG UH10LS20 BD rom. I had 2 dvd driver,and i took 1 out to swap it with this. well after win came in the old drive was going in and out every 10 seconds or so,it was very annoying. i tried to swap the IDE cable ends.. same thing. But also while this was doing it,i had the new rom do this 2-3 times. So i unplugged the old drive,but the new 1 still does it a few times. i also got power from an other harness coz they were on the same.(i thought its too much for that harness)
running win7 x64. any 1 can help me please?
Have you got any CDs with it? I think Windows needs drivers even for optical drives.
#3 - Jakg
Windows needs no drivers for optical drives (maybe special software for watching Blu-Rays etc) because it would come on a CD, which wouldnt work if your optical drive didn't work.
Ooopsss... I fail.
#5 - dadge
only have the new drive connected. work from there.
yep i wrote above. i disconnected the old 1(which was good before) and the new drive doing the same,yesterday it started to do more often tho. could it be that there is too much sata connected to motherboard? i have 12 i think(2xEsata) ill try in an other slot,maybe that 1 is kaputt or idk.Maybe the drive is no good.(guess than i dont have luck with it,ordered from newgg,sent me wrong 1 first time,now this shit... )
Made in china? (the bd rom or either your motherboard?)

Are the IDE pins straight? Just wondering, once i had HDD's pins messed up all the way and it didnt start up. Well, then i actually broke one of the pins and cryed a bit.
everything in the world is made in china and America's new name is gonna be New china

cables and pins good,it happened right away after i put bd rom in.
Quote from e2mustang :everything in the world is made in china

Wrong... I think my CPU was made in Taiwan... -.-
:P

Anyway i did some testing. i plugged bd rom in an other sata slot. same thing... this 1 only comes out. so i unplugged it,connected my other drive back. everything is fine, never comes out. i plugged in both, old drive goes in and out crazy. ejects and goes back. any 1 has a clue? coz i have to rma in time.
are the slave / master jumpers on the drives in the correct positions?
there is no jumper on it, its sata drive. the other is IDE but even if i just leave the sata BD rom plugged in,it does it
np,thats the one i got.ended up sending it back the LG,something was broke in it,it was ratteling,but i dont know why it made the other drive go nuts too
oh well,at least the samsung is awesome !

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG