The online racing simulator
and they call me a noob ???
(37 posts, started )
racing in a few servers today gave me a real headache , getting overtaken in the S curve by a "obviously superior" racer in blackwood witch ends for both drivers in disaster that has the nerve to call me a noob after the fact is giving me second thoughts about the community here .
also i know that if i see a blue flag i have to let the driver behind me pass me , but that isn't that easy in a corner ffs , can't you just wait untill we get on a stretch where it is possible to overtake me , ill let go of my throttle to let them/him pass no problem , and all in all IM NOT THAT SLOW with my halfass setup im doing consistent 1:16 there , that's not the slowest i think .
80% of the racers i encountered today where plain wreckers and crashers damaging my car badly in the process of trying to overtake me in impossible places .
a so called :noob:
S2 servers or demo servers?
Try iRacing

Or if you want to stick with LFS, try some other servers. There's a few good ones, I should think.
S2 servers , 1 of them was really good filled with skilled racers that had control over what and when they did something , the other was filled with idiots .
ill give the iracing a go next time im on for sure .
iRacing isn't an LFS server It's a different sim. And it was meant partly in jest
Quote from obsolum :iRacing isn't an LFS server It's a different sim. And it was meant partly in jest

thanks , that actually made me lol
Join a team... that way you can learn and be raced fairly. ( feel free to send MPR's to me if interested in [LLM], http://last-lap-motorsports.tk

Or try (IHR)Ironhorse Racing , (IHR)Ironhorse openwheel (dont know exact name), (IHR)Ironhorse Oval

those are my personal favorites.

(FM) Fox Junkies and ![AMG]GTR Motorsports

are good too.

best option is to try a league. GT3 Touring Car Cup uses the GTR cars (FXR+FZR+XRR) with restrictions, easy to drive and fun. It is endurance league but just find a teammate or ask someone there if they want to team up. http://gt3tcc.500servers.net and forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=303
Just get over it, the whole internet is filled of numpties anyway.

And as said some random writer I forgot the name: "Being a idiot in the eyes of a fool is the delight of gourmets". Well I might have failed a bit with the translation but I hope you see roughly what I mean
Gourmet as in food
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] : "Being a idiot in the eyes of a fool is the delight of gourmets"

i understand that and it made me lol once more , thx
#11 - [d9]
Quote from the-dog :all in all IM NOT THAT SLOW with my halfass setup im doing consistent 1:16 there , that's not the slowest i think

if you mean bl1/fbm, with 4s slower time, they consider you to be a different class car
Quote from Bmxtwins :Join a team... that way you can learn and be raced fairly. ( feel free to send MPR's to me if interested in [LLM], http://last-lap-motorsports.tk

Or try (IHR)Ironhorse Racing , (IHR)Ironhorse openwheel (dont know exact name), (IHR)Ironhorse Oval

those are my personal favorites.

(FM) Fox Junkies and ![AMG]GTR Motorsports

are good too.

best option is to try a league. GT3 Touring Car Cup uses the GTR cars (FXR+FZR+XRR) with restrictions, easy to drive and fun. It is endurance league but just find a teammate or ask someone there if they want to team up. http://gt3tcc.500servers.net and forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=303

thats not the thread to talk about that :/
Quote from JO53PHS :I never knew you could fit so much self plugging in a single post

i didnt know i allowed him to advertise my league hahaha
lol
nathan exactly my thoughts aswell!
Quote from [d9] :if you mean bl1/fbm, with 4s slower time, they consider you to be a different class car

i am in a different class , that part is true . just started to use setup's and still not knowing the track "or any other for that matter" and still not spinning off track every corner or wrecking others i consider myself a above average racer , specially in a server where more then half of the players do laps around 1:20 or worse and can't drive consistent or are unable to keep a race clean because they think they are better drivers , if they are better they choose the place to overtake a slowpoke like me on more obviously better places ( where i will yield and give them the chance to take a corner before i do )
i admit i need to practise these tracks a lot before i can shave off those 4 seconds .
and i registered at the llm site and will hop in soon to check it out , cheers guys
#16 - [d9]
good luck and have fun with improving your skills!

ps. S corner is called "chicane"
Well try Genuine Racing servers...Admins are there almost all the days and there are some daily race championship on one of our 4 different server...

More : there is an hardcore server where nobody can use any cheat...everyone with H shifter !
Quote from the-dog :
also i know that if i see a blue flag i have to let the driver behind me pass me , but that isn't that easy in a corner ffs , can't you just wait untill we get on a stretch where it is possible to overtake me , ill let go of my throttle to let them/him pass no problem

well, in corners due to lower speed, distances are smaller, they are braking much later, go thru turns much quicker... it is their responsibility to overtake safely but if you make room to overtake you must be consistent - stay outside to let them pass. Which is good way to obey blue flag also.
Quote from AndRand :well, in corners due to lower speed, distances are smaller, they are braking much later, go thru turns much quicker... it is their responsibility to overtake safely but if you make room to overtake you must be consistent - stay outside to let them pass. Which is good way to obey blue flag also.

true enough , but in a chicane with virtually no room to overtake somebody it's a dumb strategy at best , better would be to wait untill i cleared that peace and then overtake me where i have room to let somebody thats faster to overtake me safely , road rules state you dont overtake another car in a corner because of the obvious danger involved with that manuever , also let me state that if i have the chance to let somebody overtake i let them no problem , im not trying to win a race , im trying to do a consistend race regardless of what place i end in , i will slow down to a virtual crawl to let somebody overtake me since they make me real nervious if they stick to my bumper while im still learning where i take a apex and at what speeds .
and i can stay behind slower racers then me without rearending them without a problem , because im smart enough to take draft/brake/mistakes etc. in account and still come out of the corner fast enough to overtake the players that are lower then i am .
Quote from the-dog :road rules state you dont overtake another car in a corner because of the obvious danger involved with that manuever

You are not on road, you are on racetrack - overtaking in turn is allowed
Quote :, also let me state that if i have the chance to let somebody overtake i let them no problem , im not trying to win a race , im trying to do a consistend race regardless of what place i end in , i will slow down to a virtual crawl to let somebody overtake me since they make me real nervious if they stick to my bumper while im still learning where i take a apex and at what speeds .

My advice - do it with AIs, when you can race with (and overtake) AI1 PRO level (... let say AI2 :tilt it means you are ready to go online... to be 3s off the pack
Quote :
and i can stay behind slower racers then me without rearending them without a problem , because im smart enough to take draft/brake/mistakes etc. in account and still come out of the corner fast enough to overtake the players that are lower then i am .

rear bump in the corner is damn fecking irritating and is obvious fault by the overtaking. Although bump in front end usually means too late closing doors - of course at apex, not outside rumble strip
Quote from AndRand :You are not on road, you are on racetrack - overtaking in turn is allowed

true enough , but it seldom ends well for both party's involved and IMO is just dumb

Quote from AndRand :My advice - do it with AIs, when you can race with (and overtake) AI1 PRO level (... let say AI2 :tilt it means you are ready to go online... to be 3s off the pack

thats good advice , ill give it a go although i race multiplayer racing games to racce other players

Quote from AndRand :rear bump in the corner is damn fecking irritating and is obvious fault by the overtaking. Although bump in front end usually means too late closing doors - of course at apex, not outside rumble strip

QFT

btw i just checked youre fast lap in fbm on bl1 and youre slower then i am
By the sounds of it you were on a Demo server racing FBM(could have already been established but I don't have time to read), If that is the case then you should really expect that, I have only came across one good Demo server, which was Blackwood XFG XRG, but there were still some wreckers on there, but the regulars made sure to get them out.
As for the blue flag situation, I fully agree, You have 3!!!!! warnings to move for leading cars in real life, so why on earth should you be made to jump out the way, possibly causing more danger to the passing cars, as soon as the first flag is shown?
That's why I like the airio set up on [AMG], 5 blue flag warnings then spectated or kicked, I can't really remember.
As for fair racing, you should try FM FOX, really good, mostly clean stuff there, and there is always some friendly guy to help you out with a set, which by the sound of things, you need.
If all this has been mentioned previously, then sorry for the spam!
Quote from jakeeatworld :By the sounds of it you were on a Demo server racing FBM(could have already been established but I don't have time to read), If that is the case then you should really expect that, I have only came across one good Demo server, which was Blackwood XFG XRG, but there were still some wreckers on there, but the regulars made sure to get them out.
As for the blue flag situation, I fully agree, You have 3!!!!! warnings to move for leading cars in real life, so why on earth should you be made to jump out the way, possibly causing more danger to the passing cars, as soon as the first flag is shown?
That's why I like the airio set up on [AMG], 5 blue flag warnings then spectated or kicked, I can't really remember.
As for fair racing, you should try FM FOX, really good, mostly clean stuff there, and there is always some friendly guy to help you out with a set, which by the sound of things, you need.
If all this has been mentioned previously, then sorry for the spam!

well i wont name and defame the server but it wasnt a demo server .
and keep the good servers coming , i can never have a shortage of good servers and try the fm fox server surely .
not even sure this was just a off day for that server because i drove there the day before and there where some skilled helpfull drivers there at that time witch made me come back there for seconds . advise is never spam no matter how many times it would get repeated . thx
To the op, i know what you mean,

My favorite server is Cargame.nl s2, and have several good drivers, but the rest "Mayority of TBO class" Are a complete disaster, dont respect Race line, try to overtake you in imposible places, using you as a wallride and then they have the COURAGE to call you noob, or they use you as a brake or stuff like that

You can try cargame when is not so full , you can race properly and fast, without fear of someon hit you, also you can try FM junkies and ConeDodgers servers
cargame.nl is the server that brought me back to real racing in LFS, for the simple reason that one can race LFRs there.

but the FX(O and R) noobs are really annoying, Os bump from behind in corner entries, and Rs tend to miscalculate the time they need to fully overtake you, and bash your front. Both deadly in an unforgiving car like the RAC.

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG