The online racing simulator
Exams!!
(99 posts, started )
Quote from Dajmin :firstly which fire extinguisher is suitable for which job (and I don't care) and who it is that needs to give permission to use electronic devices (and I don't care).

You would if you tried to use a red one on an electrical fire..
I've my Leaving Cert (A Level equivalent) in 2 weeks... ten 3 hour exams. Gonna be suckage.
Im doing my first CXCs this year (Caribbean Examination Council) which is the caribbean equivalent to GCEs. Actually im doing one GCE subject which is english language.
In CXCs im doing Maths, Building Tech. and Technical Drawing.
Quote from jrd.racer :Im doing my first CXCs this year (Caribbean Examination Council) which is the caribbean equivalent to GCEs. Actually im doing one GCE subject which is english language.
In CXCs im doing Maths, Building Tech. and Technical Drawing.

guessing you wanna be an engineer, am i right?
Quote from oli17 :so anyone else do further maths? lets get some AS level talk going!

I did AS FM last year [and A2 this year - FML!!] - what modules are you doing?
#31 - Jakg
Joys of a foundation year - 3x 2 hour exams. Thats it. All done, time to get a job for the summer...
Quote from J@tko :I did AS FM last year [and A2 this year - FML!!] - what modules are you doing?

This year - C1-4, S1, M1

Next year - FP1-3, M2, M3, S2 (stupid birk of a teacher is forcing us to do one module of stats next year, even though i'd rather do an exam in watching paint dry). i actually really like mechanics, and my tutor thinks its stupid we have to do a stats module (he got scarily good grades)

which did you do last year/this year?
I'm sooooo glad I'm not at your school

Last Year:
C1 [pretty easy]
C2 [ditto]
S1 [I_hate_statistics_with_a_passion]
FP1 [meh]
D1 [the singularly most awesome "maths" module ever]
NM [lots of equations to remember, not too bad]

This Year:
C3 [somehow managed to ace it ]
C4 [not too bad]
M1 [Might as well not have turned up to the lessons, it's AS Physics]
FP2 [I'm considering taking an exam in eye surgery and applying for it to be counted towards Further Maths, it's a damn sight easier than FP2]
M2 [ditto M1]
DE [exam last monday, learning loads of methods basically]

DE = old M4.
Quote from J@tko :I'm sooooo glad I'm not at your school

Last Year:
C1 [pretty easy]
C2 [ditto]
S1 [I_hate_statistics_with_a_passion]
FP1 [meh]
D1 [the singularly most awesome "maths" module ever]
NM [lots of equations to remember, not too bad]

This Year:
C3 [somehow managed to ace it ]
C4 [not too bad]
M1 [Might as well not have turned up to the lessons, it's AS Physics]
FP2 [I'm considering taking an exam in eye surgery and applying for it to be counted towards Further Maths, it's a damn sight easier than FP2]
M2 [ditto M1]
DE [exam last monday, learning loads of methods basically]

DE = old M4.

LOL, for me:

AS:
C1 (piss)
C2 (piss)
S1 (lol)

A2:
M1
C3
C4
Whoever invented stats should be hung by their feet from a tree and beaten like a pinata.
Quote from oli17 :whoever invented stats should be hung by their feet from a tree and beaten like a piñata

I would sig quote that had it not been for the lack of a capital letter and me knowing you've spent the last 10 minutes scouring the internet for ñ
Quote from J@tko :I would sig quote that had it not been for the lack of a capital letter and me knowing you've spent the last 10 minutes scouring the internet for ñ

^^^happy now?:P
also, is anyone online who does edexcel S1? there's this question that's stressing me out.

(attached)

2a and 2c (and therefore 2d) are the ones i'm struggling with, thanks to anyone who can help
Attached images
s1 argh 2.JPG
-
(oli17) DELETED by oli17
I did my exams like 4 weeks ago, I almost shit blood because of my scholarship but everything went as expected!
Quote from oli17 :also, is anyone online who does edexcel S1? there's this question that's stressing me out.

(attached)

2a and 2c (and therefore 2d) are the ones i'm struggling with, thanks to anyone who can help

I can tell you about 2a, but it's been a while since I did these crazy GCSE things...

Essentially what the question is asking you is the possibility of the conversations being either 25-29 mins or 30-34 minutes (24.5 because 25 is 24.5 rounded to the nearest whole number). So you add up all of the conversations (55) and then divide the number of convos over 25 mins by 55 which comes to 0.2. And that's your probability. Don't quote me on that, but it seems to make sense to me.
Quote from oli17 :guessing you wanna be an engineer, am i right?

Nope i just like technical subjects, and i think im gonna go on to do auto mechanics and building drawing.
#42 - 5haz
Jesus christ general studies is easy.

Anyone'd think they want to give A levels away... oh wait.
#43 - wild
Got my Higher Graphic Communication exam tomorrow 9 - 12 :|, They really should allow you to drink Irn Bru in your exam!
Well i have done two exams so far, Int 2 English and Maths. Maths was so so so easy while English was werid. I have my higher Physics exam tommorrow....oh crap
Did AQA unit 1 physics today.

LOL it was easy.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Did AQA unit 1 physics today.

LOL it was easy.

Questions please?

Got it tomorrow.

E - Actually screw it. I think I am doing Unit 2. Did unit 1 back in January I think.
just had S1 and Physics Unit 1 (edexcel). both were a little worse than i was expecting (physics made a bit more difficult by the fact THERE WAS A GUY WITH A ****ING LAWNMOWER OUTSIDE BANGING AGAINST THE WALL FOR ABOUT AN HOUR!!!!
I dont know why, but I usually get good results in Physics. Everyone says its much harder but I find it mostly common sense with some calculations to remember. Hopefully the same applies for tomorrow.
#49 - 5haz
Is this GCSE science we're talking about here? Because GCSE science is a piece of cake, can't say the same for A level.
yep A levels. i don't think i did too bad (grade boundaries seem to be pretty low anyways), just the lawnmower giving everyone headaches

Exams!!
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG