The online racing simulator
thanks
Damn Czech ppl always having some rally event there.. I find it hard to find one in here even this should be a rally country.
Randomness, haven't done this for a while

Attached images
_MG_4224-1.jpg
_MG_4228-1.jpg
_MG_4229-1.jpg
_MG_4231-1.jpg
_MG_4236-1.jpg
_MG_4239-1.jpg
Couldn't help myself while playing with my camera & equipment in the sun, good representation of what polaroid filters are for. (Well, one of the many things you can use it for)

love taking shots of my stuff. anyways, heres one of MY finest pieces.
Quote from Stiggie :Couldn't help myself while playing with my camera & equipment in the sun, good representation of what polaroid filters are for. (Well, one of the many things you can use it for)

Polarized*
Polaroid filter!?!!? Gimmeee!!!
Quote from Stiggie :good representation of what polaroid filters are for.

I usually find they have the desired effect when placed fully over the lens so that the camera meters through the filter. Otherwise, all you show is increased saturation due to the 2/3rds of a stop of light they block out, and little to do with the actual polarising effects.
So, long time ago we had a fight and you indirectly said that my SONY H50 is crap. So, I'm back with some pictures to "prove" it. As you may know it's not DSLR, and I admit that I'm not best photographer, but it still ain't no crap.
So here are 8 pics. Some are croped because there was some unneeded stuff and all are resized so I could upload them...
Descriptions:
1. Pigeons coming home, better to say, just about to land. Don't say it's ****ed, 'cos it was on speed of 1/4000s.
2. Some sorta bush, and macro of it's flowers.
3. Bumblebee and "stinky Martin" as we call it here in Croatia.
4. Some sort of bug "skin", don't know exact word...
5. A bird. On a fence. At max zooooooom. At speed of 1/4000s. **** YEA!
6. Pigeons.
7. Eye. Of a pigeon. Cool, isn't it?
8. Some seeds of some plant. Had to resize it reaaaalllyyyyyy much, 'cos it was huge size.
Attached images
1. High speed shot.jpg
2. A bush.jpg
3. Bumblebee.jpg
4. Buggy stuff.jpg
5. A bird.jpg
6. Pigeons.jpg
7. Pigeon eye.jpg
8. Some sorta seeds.jpg
Not bad for a compact, but you can definitely tell they were taken with a P&S. Only the shot of the bird's eye is really sharp, and even that one shows significant fringing and other issues.

There's no shame in using a P&S, but you won't get dSLR results out of it.
1. That chromatic aberration -Crap, proven.
2. ISO 100, and so much noise? -Crap, proven.
3. Same as two above -Crap, proven.
4. Same as ^ -Crap, proven.
5. Digital zoom ftw -Crap, proven.
6. Stuff above. -Crap, proven.
7. Lots of chromatic aberration. Also, even with my Canon G9 you can get a sharper pic. -Crap, proven.
8. Phone camera quality.-Crap, proven.

Now, what else did you need?

E: What dwb said above. There are lots of better P&S cameras there though, and a lot smaller ones. I can't see a reason why to buy something like H50.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :ow, what else did you need?

Well **** you! You think you're the smartest? Ever heard of macro? Focus on one object, rest is blurry with noise...
5. No dig zoom, only 1/4000s speed, if you ever heard of that too...
7. Lots of what the ****?
8. Check the macro thing...
EDIT: Have you actually realised that your camera is saving pics in RAW, while I have only jpeg (or still haven't discovered how to switch to RAW) and that you have more MPs?
Don't come here to argue. I find this the only place where I can be without arguing but your kinds of people always find a good thread to ruin.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Don't come here to argue. I find this the only place where I can be without arguing but your kinds of people always find a good thread to ruin.

Yeah, I enjoy doing that... And I'm doing it just because of people like you, to ruin a nice thred for you.
JFI macro photography is CLOSE-UP photography, not just pointing at some object with blurred background...

unfortunately your camera produces a lot of noise and aberration...it's not crap, it's just average compact camera...
Tomba(FIN) - don't be surprised when people take offence when you leave comments like that. DWB said much the same thing only it came across in a nice way. The image quality is clearly poor but I think the shots are still nice. The guy is trying so there's no need to say crap 8 times, thanks.
Quote from STROBE :I usually find they have the desired effect when placed fully over the lens so that the camera meters through the filter. Otherwise, all you show is increased saturation due to the 2/3rds of a stop of light they block out, and little to do with the actual polarising effects.

Yeah that's true. If I wanted to make a ''proper'' comparison, I would have made 2 frames and put them side-by-side, one with and one without the filter.
But like I said, I was just having some fun out of boredom, and it was just to kind of give an idea of what they do.

Quote from matijapkc :
7. Lots of what the ...?

In optics, chromatic aberration (also called achromatism or chromatic distortion) is a type of distortion in which there is a failure of a lens to focus all colors to the same convergence point. It occurs because lenses have a different refractive index for different wavelengths of light (the dispersion of the lens). The refractive index decreases with increasing wavelength.
Chromatic aberration manifests itself as "fringes" of color along boundaries that separate dark and bright parts of the image, because each color in the optical spectrum cannot be focused at a single common point on the optical axis.
Wikipedia

In other words, the red glow around the bird in the 1st picture for example. Not really much you can do about it though. (Well, buying a new camera. )
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
TOMBA, we have al has a P&S thay may not have the highest quality but they are more reliable than dslr's.

2nd one is me
More reliable than dslr's? I've missed something here then. I can bet my ass on dslr's are more reliable than P&S.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :More reliable than dslr's? I've missed something here then. I can bet my ass on dslr's are more reliable than P&S.

Here I come again. Tomba, you should read the review for H50, it's not standard P&S it's a bit between compact and DSLR, a class higher than compact.

Bob @ Damn right.

And noise can be also 'cos I was using ACDSee and when editing in it, pics always become a bit lower quality, even if it's on max quality sets, al least for me.
EDIT: And what kind of reliability what do you mean? If you need to take a pic very fast, P&S wins.
i think he will shout at you about the startup times of dslrs.
I don't need to read reviews to see the image quality, sorry.
Noise nor aberration will be added by a software.
Answered to chavm about the reliability claim.
Quote from matijapkc :EDIT: And what kind of reliability what do you mean? If you need to take a pic very fast, P&S wins.

Not really. dSLRs are almost universally instant-on, and they focus much faster than P&S cameras.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not really. dSLRs are almost universally instant-on, and they focus much faster than P&S cameras.

And what if you have your macro lens on, and suddenly some plane or something appears? While you change your lens, it's gone. With P&S you just change shooting mode and zoom it.
Quote from matijapkc :And what if you have your macro lens on, and suddenly some plane or something appears? While you change your lens, it's gone. With P&S you just change shooting mode and zoom it.

99% of macro lenses also work just fine for regular shooting. Now whether it's a long-enough lens is another issue, but they make superzooms for dSLRs as well (18-250mm, 50-500mm, etc) if that's your real concern. P&S cameras do have the go-anywhere/do-anything aspect to them, and that's great, but the problem is that they do none of it as well as dSLRs.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG