The online racing simulator
Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
I really, really hope there's a DeLorean hidden in an old mine somewhere on the map
Quote from Crashgate3 :I really, really hope there's a DeLorean hidden in an old mine somewhere on the map

It's not the Wild West without a DeLorean and a white-haired crazy scientist yelling about his one-point-twenty-one gigiawatts!
preordered on amazon for ps3, but bloody hell, why do exams have to come now! will have to wait till 18th of June to actually play
Quote from jibber :The horse riding is quite good, but a little funky sometimes i agree. Is there a way to quickly stop when you ride at slow speeds (walking speed)?

If you are on XBOX, it is the RB button, that's a brake button basically.

Don't have a PS3 but RB on PS3 should be the R1 button.
Tap RB/R1 to slow down, hold to stop. Simple.
Miraculously managed to find a copy on Saturday and I have to say it's very atmospheric. Getting places feels really slow (obviously when you don't use quick travel) but I guess that fits the feel of the time.

I only had a problem with the horse riding in the first mission (the race) but I changed to the "absolute" controls rather than the "relative" ones and that seemed to help me a lot. Either that or I just got used to it. My stupid horse keeps ending up standing halfway through fences and stuff though when he doesn't stop quick enough.

I like how a quick tap of B when passing people will say hello to them. Neat little touch
My local Morrison's were the only place in stock. £39.99 and i didn't pay
Quote from danowat :
Horse control is a bit funky.

Is it a sim hoof model or more arcade-like?
Quote from Danke :Is it a sim hoof model or more arcade-like?

Total arcade horse handling. They do all the individual hoof controls for you, and there's no real feeling of the mane brushing against your chest as you gallop along. You don't even have to feed it or shovel up endless piles of horse crap.

Hmmm..........dare I say the game is a bit "samey"?
Quote from Dajmin :Total arcade horse handling. They do all the individual hoof controls for you, and there's no real feeling of the mane brushing against your chest as you gallop along. You don't even have to feed it or shovel up endless piles of horse crap.

Very disappointing. When will we get a decent horse sim without a monthly fee? I guess I'll start saving up my iGallop bucks.

the "individual hoof controls" line reminds me of QWOP

/OT
My brother got it today, I've played a bit Now i just need to go buy me one of those lovely gold subscriptions and i can come posse it up

Though i did manage to shoot some police by accident after they were chasing a bandit....i kinda turned off the console and hope the auto save is from before my epic fail or else i have a $70 bounty on my head....take that medical fee's.
Quote from AstroBoy :Though i did manage to shoot some police by accident after they were chasing a bandit....

Done that a couple of times myself. Really annoying
oh for crying out loud is there any video on youtube that still works in this ****ing country?
Dieses Video enthält Content von Sony Music Entertainment. Es ist in deinem Land nicht mehr verfügbar.
thanks for them, just coughed up my cornflakes i was laughing so much
I experienced a lovely glitch this morning in the middle of a mission that meant I couldn't complete it. Climbed up to ride shotgun on a cart, the horses started walking but the cart never moved, so we're glued to the spot forever. Awesome.

Where was the QA team for this game? I want their names so we can make sure they never work again (although it feels like that wouldn't be too much of a change for them)!
Quote from Dajmin :I experienced a lovely glitch this morning in the middle of a mission that meant I couldn't complete it. Climbed up to ride shotgun on a cart, the horses started walking but the cart never moved, so we're glued to the spot forever. Awesome.

Where was the QA team for this game? I want their names so we can make sure they never work again (although it feels like that wouldn't be too much of a change for them)!

I would increase the sallary for those responsible for these awesome glitches!
Quote from Boris Lozac :I would increase the sallary for those responsible for these awesome glitches!

guess you have yet been shot to death by the man in the rock.
Quote from JJ72 :guess you have yet been shot to death by the man in the rock.

Still haven't got the game, expecting it on friday
Cougar man for the president!!

Who got Red Dead Redemption today?
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG