The online racing simulator
Lappy Help?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - bkss
Lappy Help?
hey im new here, but i kinda looking to see if anyone had any suggestions for me because my laptop seems to be getting no more than 10FPS. its kinda annoying because twice ive had 35FPS but most of the time im usually stuck between 9-10FPS and its super laggy .

if you need my specs here they are:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JASONS-LAPTOP
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire 5715Z
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz, 1733 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Acer V1.27, 05/01/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name Jasons-Laptop\Jason
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 969 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.73 GB
Page File Space 2.28 GB

if someone could help me, at least run this at 30-35FPS i would be so grateful.
Any graphics card in it?
Processor is slow...
#3 - bkss
Quote from matijapkc :Any graphics card in it?
Processor is slow...

it has a Intel Mobile Display 956 Express Card.
and its dual core.
Quote from bkss :it has a Intel Mobile Display 956 Express Card.
and its dual core.

Dual core doesn't help here mate... LFS support only one core and ignores rest of 'em.
Is that card integrated in CPU (processor)? It isn't something I recodnise, so... I'm not sure. Any info about its memory?
#5 - amp88
CPU and graphics are slow (LFS only uses one core on the CPU), laptop is most definitely not a gaming machine. You can fiddle with the graphics and resolution but don't expect a lot.
#6 - bkss
Quote from matijapkc :Dual core doesn't help here mate... LFS support only one core and ignores rest of 'em.
Is that card integrated in CPU (processor)? It isn't something I recodnise, so... I'm not sure. Any info about its memory?

im not sure if its intergrated. everything about the laptop is in my OP.
and amp, im not looking for much just 35fps.
Quote from bkss :im not sure if its intergrated. everything about the laptop is in my OP.
and amp, im not looking for much just 35fps.

Well, with that GPU you can't get even that...
#8 - bkss
Quote from matijapkc :Well, with that GPU you can't get even that...

aww:/ wish i had my pc back XD
thanks anyway guys.
appriecate it.
My 1.1 GHZ Dell with an ATI card from the stoneage was able to play it - why can't yours..

Try going down to 640x480 and turning all of the graphical settings off. Start from the BARE minimum and work your way up one setting at a time till you can find the culprit that's causing the slowdown.

LFS can run on pretty much anything pretty well - there has to be a setting set somewhere that's killing your gameplay. Usually reducing or turning off the anti-aliasing will solve it.
Quote from Tomtheman70 :My 1.1 GHZ Dell with an ATI card from the stoneage was able to play it - why can't yours..

intel video is not made for gaming. never has been, really.
Quote from bunder9999 :intel video is not made for gaming. never has been, really.

I dunno, I've seen LFS run well on some pretty bad rigs before - I'm surprised that it's not running at an acceptable level on his.
Quote from Tomtheman70 :I dunno, I've seen LFS run well on some pretty bad rigs before - I'm surprised that it's not running at an acceptable level on his.

i only get 5-10 FPS on my GMA950 (intel atom). he might have a faster processor, but the video performance of the 965 express isn't much different.
A dual core is faster that a single core, for the architecture, any ( or the majority) of dual cores are using no less that 45-70nn, when old cpu like a P4 3.6 Socket 478 is using 90nn

also, lfs is more related with the cpu that the gpu, i`be see ppl playing with the same intel gpu and runs "Good"

@to the op

Do you have any program running in the background?, what other games do you play that you can say "This game run`s good".
Its not a gaming laptop. It has no GPU of any significance.

Try no AA and a very low resolution. Replace OS with W7, Vista .

But basically it's just junk. Sorry.

Good for anything but gaming.
Go into Task Manager and kill anything that is running that you don't need. The n tweak the graphics in the game (compress textures, LOD play around and test frame rate in game)

Lappy Help?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG