The online racing simulator
England supporters not allowed to show it this year
Well if you put up an England flag or have them flags on your car or wear an england shirt this year during the world cup then you will be demanded by police or council to take it down because it is offending the indian and pakistani people, i would post my reaction but it would most definately get me banned. Just want other people's views on it.

One thing i will say is its our country and its getting beyond the joke now.
You're kidding right?
Vote BNP, obviously. Or just tell those who complain where to go. There's no laws banning football shirts or flags in cars or gardens...
#4 - J@tko
Quote from trebor901 :i would post my reaction but it would most definately get me banned.

Probably the same here.

/waits for the FB group "Everyone wear England Shirt to pub day"
#5 - 5haz
This rumour popped up recently, and theres still no mention of it in anything near a respectable source, or am I missing something? I know about the banner across the street-gate, but that was for 'health and safety' rather than patriotic reasons, and that has all been sorted out, still it gets blown up by the media and bigoted idiots looking for something to whinge about.

Sorry but just because something appears on Facebook dosen't make it true, another example is the 'I wont pay for Facebook from July' groups. Its all about attention seeking and I love how quite a few such groups have links for advertising on them, like as if they are literally harvesting the idiocy for profit, I like it.

This story crops up every time the world cup is on, never fails to get the masses all up in arms, yawn. :doh:

[/Internet cynicism]

Oh and also did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?
Quote from 5haz :This rumour popped up recently, and theres still no mention of it in anything near a respectable source, or am I missing something? I know about the banner across the street-gate, but that was for 'health and safety' rather than patriotic reasons.

Sorry but just because something appears on Facebook dosen't make it true, another example is the 'I wont pay for Facebook from July' groups. Its all about attention seeking and I love how quite a few such groups have links for advertising on them.

This story crops up every time the world cup is on, never fails to get the masses all up in arms, yawn. :doh:

[/Internet cynicism]

This. They make money of those groups. Either by advertising or later on selling the group. (If it has a huge amount of members)

Quote :Oh and also did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

So old. Even Family Guy has done this joke....

Anyways. Until official word comes out on this I aint saying anything.
#7 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :Anyways. Until official word comes out on this I aint saying anything.

Still fools people though.

How can we have a democracy when most people are stupid enough to believe whatever is handed to them on a plate?

What is worrying is that all this bullshit is going to turn even more people into bigots and drive them towards the extreme right, all because people can't think for themselves. Just look at the comments on any of the Facebook groups, the amount of shit grammar and boneheaded talk is just frightening, these people are going to be adults with votes pretty soon!
#9 - 5haz
Quote from boothy :you mean authoritarian left.

Or you could say the authoritarian left, with extreme right wing views with regards to foreigners.
Did you know if you meet a foreign man in the street now you have to immediately drop to your knees and pleasure him with a feather duster and if you don't the police will take away your social security signing on book AND THEN GIVE IT TO THE FOREIGNER. 85% of people will not re-post this message because the spelling and grammar are reasonable so there's piss all chance they'll understand a bloody word of it or detect the sarcasm.
-
(1993weeman) DELETED by 1993weeman
Quote from trebor901 :Well if you put up an England flag or have them flags on your car or wear an england shirt this year during the world cup then you will be demanded by police or council to take it down because it is offending the indian and pakistani people, i would post my reaction but it would most definately get me banned. Just want other people's views on it.

Quick question....where's your proof ?

While there are certain things that need to be done to have a flag pole in the back garden that is NORMAL PLANNING PERMISSION that is needed regardless of the flag flying. This seems to be much like the normal Urban Myth surrounding anything like this....normally spouted by the Daily Mail

Also, backing England is a waste of time, much like hoping Scotland will ever qualify for a major tournament.....Spain is where it is all at.
Good
For me the meaning of life is evolving enough to use your intellect to overcome primal caveman fears and insecurities

Patriotism at its worst encourages non thinking , rise above it.

Or just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFMrNdj1yY
There's a trebor901 born every minute, as the saying goes...
The only info on this is from The Sun and The Daily Mail...

Make of that what you will
#17 - 5haz
:mischievo
Quote from trebor901 :Well if you put up an England flag or have them flags on your car or wear an england shirt this year during the world cup then you will be demanded by police or council to take it down because it is offending the indian and pakistani people, i would post my reaction but it would most definately get me banned. Just want other people's views on it.

When I saw the thread, I was planning on replying "Good, we don't need to see moronic overweight rich people being openly supported by moronic overweight poor people" or something along those lines.

However, if what you say is true, then I'm going to buy an England shirt and wear it ALL THE FECKING TIME. I hate football. I hate football supporters. But I hate this type of crap even more, and my enemies enemy is my friend. Or something.

It's probably nonsense though...
+1 tris, i feckin hate seeing england flags cropping up all over wales on peoples cars, outside their houses, on just about every single promotional item we sell at work but why the hell shouldn' t they be able to show their folowing of their own country? anyone tried to get a jamaican etc to take thir flag down because it's offensice to an english person?
It's reverse psychology. They want you to wear them all the time, so they tell you not to
Quote from tristancliffe :

It's probably nonsense though...

Yup.

Apart from maybe some pubs barring anyone wearing any football tops, which is common in some areas anyways.
Meh. Seriously though, it's funny to see "patriotism" that only extends to people who look like you. How many of those "indian and pakistani people" were actually born in England?
Small minded idiots preying on other small minded idiots fear of "dem damn immigants".

The said thing is seeing so many friends of facebook being sucked in.
I'm surprised anyone even supports England. Reading forums the only comments about England's team are "we suck and why do we even bother showing up".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG