The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
i came home today to find 2 massive boxes!
1 had the big chargecooler and pipework, the other all the bits you are about to see.
Here is a group pic of pretty much everything

1. -

2. - Gromits for charge cooler pipes

3. - Gasket from intake manifold to block

4. - charge cooler pipe clips

5. - Assortment of bolts

6. - Bolts

7. - Bracket

8. - Cover

9. - Intake manifold bracket

10. - assortment of j-clips

11. - s/c belt (1270)

12. - Fused relay

13. - push fittings

14. - assortment of wiring

15. - wire sleeving and intake pipe

16. - Fabric tape

17. - 90deg Pipes

18. - x4 Injector plugs

19. - Injectors

20. - Intake pipe

21. - Temp sensor

22. - Tensioner

23. - Map Sensor

24. - Intake Manifold

25. - Duel Pass Mod

26. - Supercharger

27. - Supercharger
That's just awsome

What's the cost of a SC nowadays and more info on it?
Quote from Scrabby :Upgrades!
FMIC
Radiator with 2 huge fans
Denso IQ24 spark plugs

Next up:
Walbro fuelpump
Boostcontroller (manual)
T28 turbo

nein!!

go bosch and dont go back. walbro's are notoriously shit.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why do you stick your cock in eachother's arses then lick it for good luck afterwards?

because, well, who doesn't like good luck?
Nisskid, Bosch 044?
what are u power estimates?

040 should be plenty
280bhp ish and next year stage i'm hoping to go around 350

ur back in aus now?
yeh 040 will be fine man

yeh back in aus, hopefully only briefly tho haha
Quote from Scrabby :That's just awsome

What's the cost of a SC nowadays and more info on it?

this kit cost me about £4,000
-
(broken) DELETED by broken : fail... there were at least 23565 messages more after that
Heres a random pic because i'm bored.

There's some tin foil sticking out the front of your car
its aircon ducting. Goes from the gap in the front bar up under the headlight and onto the intake

(Looking down from where the pod filter is)
Why do you have that on your car?
Quote from mamoru :Why do you have that on your car?

Because he thinks it serves a purpose and his $10 homemade intake is much more superior compared to the thousands of dollars worth of research Toyota / Lexus put into it.
Yes, but, they have things like fuel economy and noise in mind when they put a big clumpy standard airbox in there, not performance.

People will say that they make no difference due to heatsoak etc, but thats all down to positioning of the filter and shielding to block excess heat.

My roadster had a standard air filter/box jobby on it when i got it, and now i have fitted a 57i induction kit and the engine is more responsive, it pulls a better through the mid range, and lots more punch once you get up near 5k revs and beyond, you cant argue with the results!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Because he thinks it serves a purpose and his $10 homemade intake is much more superior compared to the thousands of dollars worth of research Toyota / Lexus put into it.

The standard intake is designed to be as quiet as possible, which also generally means its very restrictive.

Pod filter + Cold air ducting = works alot better than the standard restrictive intake, and i have the dyno sheets to prove that its upped the power.
Also, i have a feeling Toyota didn't spend thousands of dollars research on designing a plastic airbox and a panel filter...

Talk shit less, eh?

Edit: Danthebangerboy beat me to it >_<
Quote from danthebangerboy :Yes, but, they have things like fuel economy and noise in mind when they put a big clumpy standard airbox in there, not performance.

People will say that they make no difference due to heatsoak etc, but thats all down to positioning of the filter and shielding to block excess heat.

My roadster had a standard air filter/box jobby on it when i got it, and now i have fitted a 57i induction kit and the engine is more responsive, it pulls a better through the mid range, and lots more punch once you get up near 5k revs and beyond, you cant argue with the results!

No Dan. You just think it pulls harder because it's louder. I've fitted induction kits to an array of Cars (Never the 57i though! That is one of THE worst ones to fit.) and I never notice a different apart from the excess of shit they let in, and the louder noise of course.

And it doesn't matter where you place it. It still won't be as good as an Airbox. You either place it in the Engine bay to reduce the amount of crap flying towards it but you suffer heat soak, or you place it behind your front bumper to reduce heat soak, but then suffer the Intake sucking up all the crap being flicked up from the cars in front. How fun!

Quote from Klutch :The standard intake is designed to be as quiet as possible, which also generally means its very restrictive.

Pod filter + Cold air ducting = works alot better than the standard restrictive intake, and i have the dyno sheets to prove that its upped the power.
Also, i have a feeling Toyota didn't spend thousands of dollars research on designing a plastic airbox and a panel filter...

Talk shit less, eh?

Edit: Danthebangerboy beat me to it >_<

Please DO post up those Dyno Sheet results. What kind of Dyno was it by the way?

And if the Airbox was that restrictive, it would not take alot of work to make it less restrictive but also provide some protection. Just face it. You done it for the noise.

I guess I prefer some protection from crap entering my engine, rather than the noise. And trust me, I've seen what kind of crap enters open air filters.
Might be wrong but according to this guy....

Quote from guy on mx5 forum :I've done a back to back test on a dyno before & after fitting an ITG Maxogen. IIRC, 5 hp increase on an otherwise standard 100,000 mile 1.8iS NB. It's a very good quaility kit. I did a write up/review in Soft Top Hardtop a couple of years ago.

Make of that what you will.
Your sure as hell gonna feel that 5hp! :o

Anyway, I don't have anything against you or your car Dan. Do as you will.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
You either place it in the Engine bay to reduce the amount of crap flying towards it but you suffer heat soak, or you place it behind your front bumper to reduce heat soak, but then suffer the Intake sucking up all the crap being flicked up from the cars in front. How fun!

No heatsoak. The pod filter has heat-proof rubber behind it, which curls around the sides, when the bonnet is shut, it creates a decent enough seal.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Please DO post up those Dyno Sheet results. What kind of Dyno was it by the way?

And if the Airbox was that restrictive, it would not take alot of work to make it less restrictive but also provide some protection. Just face it. You done it for the noise.

I guess I prefer some protection from crap entering my engine, rather than the noise. And trust me, I've seen what kind of crap enters open air filters.

The car sees drags/track days etc, gets serviced every 7500km and the last compression test said it was bang on perfect.

Clearly you've never put a cold air intake on a car that will actually benefit from it. (Your poxy pinto does not class as a performance vehicle, and will not get any gains from it)

This is the duct into the opening of the standard airbox

And this is part of the front of the airbox that shows you how tiny the opening is. (Obviously the front has been snapped off)

The opening is on the right, middle is where the panel filter goes, and then the left is into the intake.

Not only is it extremely restrictive at the opening, but once it PASSES the filter it narrows down ONCE again.

Its been proven, time and time again that on a turbo car, a cold air induction WILL show gains.

The dyno was a DynoDynamics

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Your sure as hell gonna feel that 5hp!

Anyway, I don't have anything against you or your car Dan. Do as you will.

Every bit counts.
Where's the Dyno Sheets? All I saw was some pictures of a perfectly fine Airbox.

And I don't own a Pinto (Whatever that is, unless you mean Pinto Engined Fords).
there was a dyno sheet there a few minutes ago, 260 odd bhp i think it said.
Perfectly fine for a daily commuter, sure.

Not perfectly fine if you're looking to squeeze out a bit more HP.

Heres your ****ing dyno sheets.
*deleted*

Quote from danthebangerboy :there was a dyno sheet there a few minutes ago, 260 odd bhp i think it said.

had to find the first sheet
Well considering neither the 1JZ or 2JZ engined Soarers make 260hp, it sounds like his sewer pipe mod (Oh sorry. I mean "induction kit".) hasn't worked.

E: Just seen sheets. That Graph! LOL

And all that work for 3hp. I got to give you credit for all that hard work. Abit of a shame it's so pointless.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well considering neither the 1JZ or 2JZ engined Soarers make 260hp, it sounds like his sewer pipe mod (Oh sorry. I mean "induction kit".) hasn't worked.

You know absolutely nothing about soarers.

A stock soarer makes around 240rwhp stock standard.
Get your facts straight before you go writing shit off
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
E: Just seen sheets. That Graph! LOL

And all that work for 3hp. I got to give you credit for all that hard work. Abit of a shame it's so pointless.

Check out the temps idiot.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG