The online racing simulator
When do people usually race?
(37 posts, started )
Maybe I'm missing something, but when I come back from work and go online later at night, all the servers are empty, aside from the few private ones... I know there are a lot of Euro and Australian racers, who are still probably sleeping, but I though there were plenty of Westerners... Is there like a good time when everyone is playing, that I keep missing?
There's a graph on LFS world that shows how many players are online at any given time of day.
Im with you man, its a bit slow for us westerners :P.

Thats what the weekends are for hehehe.

LFS is really big in europe, unfortunately, due to the north american simplistic NFS:U loving ass LFS isnt as big... give it time, it'll pick up
Quote from bobvanvliet :There's a graph on LFS world that shows how many players are online at any given time of day.

Can't find it after the site got revamped...
Yeah, I'm pacific coast (washington state) and though I haven't really played a lot recently, I've always found the best time is from about 12 AM - 12 PM (PST).

This, of course, means 8 AM - 8 PM GMT. Generally anything earlier or later then that are pretty crap for finding lots of people
I should start playing on the weekends... In the mornings. I just end up sleeping until like noon or 1 pm, and by then it's all over...
What I find, is that whenever I go online there are about 200 servers that are empty and about 70 odd that have people racing in them.

I guess its not too bad for us europeans, as I usually go on in the evening and there is always a good selection of different servers.

Dan.
Quote from Whisper :Can't find it after the site got revamped...

It's the globe icon labeled "Racers & Hosts online". Then view the " licensed history" tab.
The "Home" icon also shows a one day version of the history, with demo and licensed as two colours on the same graph.
Sjeesh! why does that guy always have to know best...

Ow, wait
Quote from Scawen :The "Home" icon also shows a one day version of the history, with demo and licensed as two colours on the same graph.

Thnx. That's one place I figured it would not be at... Heh. Weird.

Yeh, looks like the best time to race is when I'm at work.
Quote from RMachucaA :LFS is really big in europe, unfortunately, due to the north american simplistic NFS:U loving ass LFS isnt as big... give it time, it'll pick up

I hope that will change with the feature that you have to start yourself at the lights, and not like it is atm. Caue then also Dragracing becomes more interesting On the other hand... As for now, my contacts havent reached your continent. I do my very best
Quote from danowat :What I find, is that whenever I go online there are about 200 servers that are empty and about 70 odd that have people racing in them.

I guess its not too bad for us europeans, as I usually go on in the evening and there is always a good selection of different servers.

Dan.

I find that... and the occupied ones are always servers I don't want to play in. I've found that if you go in an empty one (tracks and cars you want to race, of course) then within a few minutes people start joining. Well... It's worked every time I've felt like racing the UF1000 recently.
One good thing about being on in the evenings for us over hear is I don't encounter a whole lot of idiots on the servers. Generally, everyone that I see are pretty good folks who just want to race.
edit... ya i have no idea lol

eastern time it looks around 9ish .. but that makes no since.. cause thats what.. 3 AM in england? lol

i do know the answer though: people race when they want to ; it just happens to be around the same time every day oddly lol
Hmm, yeah im in Australia, and theres quiet a few of us Aussies online. But sometimes i like to race all the euros too . So on the weekends ill stay up practically all night and race with them too. Might seem a little crazy illepall. But the Euros definatly outnumber outnumber any other reigion so there is more type of racing to choose from durign the 'peak time'.
i find that most people are online in NZ/australian servers in the evenings between about 8pm and 11pm or so.
i don't like to go into european servers due to lag... i imagine that would really frustrate other players
All I know is that 6pm - 10pm GMT has plenty of packed servers
Quote from SabersKunk :All I know is that 6pm - 10pm GMT has plenty of packed servers

Yep, right at dinner time for us eastern coast in the US and folks coming home from work on the west coast.
I've found the same problem also. I'm in Washington State as well. I get home from work around 6pm, walk my dog, have dinner, and don't end up getting online until about 8:30 PST or so. By that time most of the servers are empty. The ones that are up seem to have pretty good drivers, but I generally only see about a dozen active servers total. Of those, half will have 1 or 2 cars, one or two will be drift servers, and at least one will by Kyoto Ring.

I wonder how well my cable connection would run a server? Maybe one of us with a fast internet connection could setup a server that's always up just for us Americans/Canadians, or even one East Coast server and one West Coast server?

How many people can a 256K upstream connection host? I don't like the thought of giving up my whole net connection 24/7, but it might be worth it to get some local racers online.
Yeah.. I am in east of Canada.. -5EST time and there aren't a lot of server in the evening.. from 8 to 12 let says...

Except in the week-end.. but do you want to play that game instead of going out for a beer
Quote from Math302ho :Yeah.. I am in east of Canada.. -5EST time and there aren't a lot of server in the evening.. from 8 to 12 let says...

Except in the week-end.. but do you want to play that game instead of going out for a beer

Case of beer is cheaper than going out :ernaehrun . You can get a nice minifridge for beside the desk. Anyways, I'm married, so I don't go out for a beer. Once the kids are in bed, the big kid logs on to race .
Quote from Vykos69 :I hope that will change with the feature that you have to start yourself at the lights, and not like it is atm. Caue then also Dragracing becomes more interesting On the other hand... As for now, my contacts havent reached your continent. I do my very best

Pay me to take it to E3 or some gaming convention here and I'll even bring some inflatable pit girls (no I don't really have those, Vykos you'll have those on your credit card record too )
Quote from mrodgers :Case of beer is cheaper than going out :ernaehrun . You can get a nice minifridge for beside the desk. Anyways, I'm married, so I don't go out for a beer. Once the kids are in bed, the big kid logs on to race .

But then I would need to get a bathroom beside my desk too, damn beer
Quote from Tweaker :Pay me to take it to E3 or some gaming convention here and I'll even bring some inflatable pit girls (no I don't really have those, Vykos you'll have those on your credit card record too )

I wish LFS would make a showing at E3. I think the reason nobody plays this game is that they've never heard of it! I'm not a hard core sim racer, but I am a hard core racing fan and I love cars. I happened upon LFS because I visited the RSC forums for GT3/4. If I hadn't stumbled across the LFS section of the forums, I never would have known about LFS at all. I showed it to a few friends who are big car guys and they'd never heard of it either.

I think some big exposure like E3 would do wonders for the sales of this game. Although, I think perhaps the devs would be best served to reserve this kind of publicity until S2 final is released. Once the physics are nailed down, THEN worry about spreading the word. I'd hate to have 10,000 new racers download the demo and then either abandon it because of "lack of grip" and "rollover cars" or, worse yet, download the demo then flood the forum with complaints. It's better to wait and make a good first impression because the vast majority of people won't put up with the problems that the game has.

sorry for the hijack.

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG