The online racing simulator
Shannons Nationals, Phillip Island round 2
I'll do a little write up about my weekend...

It started out ironically enough me (and another small group of guys) getting in trouble for being too fast in media sessions my fastest lap would have put me just outside the top 10 even though I was carrying a passenger!

Straight away in p1 we were p1 my fastest lap was set in the middle of the session. I came in after that and let the car rest and cool down before going out in the last few minutes to put another lap down, but many drivers wanted to play funner buggers and mind games with me, finding it somewhat amusing to block me and push me into the grass while on their cool down lap... :/

Going into q1, my engineer told me that the track might be slower, so if you don't go any faster than p1 don't worry just keep driving and punching out the laps... On my very first lap I went 0.6 faster than my p1 fastest, over the radio I go "whoooo!". I had another shot again after but I had to back out because of traffic, even though I was 0.8 up on my first lap. I went back in to the pit box and had a bit of a rest, re set the tyre pressures and had another shot with a few minutes to go, but again drivers decided that I was not allowed to go any faster and made a seemingly conscious decision to block my fast laps. It didn't matter, I had half a second over them anyway

My goal into q2 was to go even faster and possibly break the lap record which I was half a second off in q1. We waited to see if my lap was under threat before we went out onto the track. About 10 minutes through the session we saw jozza hop into the low 49's, so we thought we better do a lap. Once again, drivers made it very very hard for me to make my way through (for example on my first flying lap - which would have been a mid 48 again - a driver sat right on the racing line going through t11, and had every opportunity to get off the race line but didn't forcing me to go round the outside), so I came into the pits, re set the tyres again, and went out again. I could only manage a 49.2, same as jozza, my lap was filled from mistakes... In saying that a low 49 was a good time for that session. I was happy to top every time sheet on saturday and was looking forward to sunday.

Sunday, we get to the track. It's raining... great. I was slightly nervous about the weather not knowing how everyone else will go about it and hoping I can get the thing off the line.

Race 1, I did get it off the line. Not initially, but the second part of my start was good enough to give me the lead into t1. Parker went around the outside of me at t1, I lost traction and didn't fight him for the position. I tried to hold off Lloyd for a lap or two but ended up opening the door for him because he had a little bit more pace than me. I sat with the two for a couple of laps but they were driving way too fast in greasy conditions for my liking, so I sat back in my comfort zone and scored an easy third, which gave me the championship lead.

Race 2, top 10 reverse grid so I was off 8th. I got an awesome start and passed a few before t1. I was making sure I picked the drivers off 1 by 1 and not make any silly decisions, any points are good from 8th. I ended up getting passed a few drivers then Dommo fell off the track trying to pass Beechey. I caught Beechey up heaps then made a pretty ballsy pass into t1 on the wet side of the track. I made a quick gap on him concentrating on my corner exits and straight line speed, then Bates decided he still wanted to play funny games and pushed me onto the kerb at t1 almost in the grass and continued to not give me the racing line into t2 even with the blue flags... I was not impressed. On my last lap I just put my head down, I had a good lead and just made sure I hit all my braking markers, got the throttle on at the right points and found all my track references. I did so, and set a time only 0.2 off my pole lap time on the last lap of the race! I was so happy with my first race win, it was the best feeling in the world, especially at this level.

Race 3, I was off pole... it stayed dry but we didn't quite set the car up right. Our bars were set for a damp/wet track, and it didn't quite have the speed it did and pushed quite a lot. I was still the fastest (not time wise but race wise the car was the fastest), and I didn't get it off the line quite right. I dropped back to 3rd by the end of lap 1, then I made another pretty spur of the moment pass on Beechy going into Siberia, then hunted down Parker. I had a good race with him but I just couldn't quite get the business done without pushing him off the track (there was many times where I could have had an easy win by doing that), so I settled for second and now I'm leading the championship by 15 points
sensational amirite
Quote from [DUcK] :I'll do a little write up about my weekend...

It started out ironically enough me (and another small group of guys) getting in trouble for being too fast in media sessions my fastest lap would have put me just outside the top 10 even though I was carrying a passenger!

Straight away in p1 we were p1 my fastest lap was set in the middle of the session. I came in after that and let the car rest and cool down before going out in the last few minutes to put another lap down, but many drivers wanted to play funner buggers and mind games with me, finding it somewhat amusing to block me and push me into the grass while on their cool down lap... :/

Going into q1, my engineer told me that the track might be slower, so if you don't go any faster than p1 don't worry just keep driving and punching out the laps... On my very first lap I went 0.6 faster than my p1 fastest, over the radio I go "whoooo!". I had another shot again after but I had to back out because of traffic, even though I was 0.8 up on my first lap. I went back in to the pit box and had a bit of a rest, re set the tyre pressures and had another shot with a few minutes to go, but again drivers decided that I was not allowed to go any faster and made a seemingly conscious decision to block my fast laps. It didn't matter, I had half a second over them anyway

My goal into q2 was to go even faster and possibly break the lap record which I was half a second off in q1. We waited to see if my lap was under threat before we went out onto the track. About 10 minutes through the session we saw jozza hop into the low 49's, so we thought we better do a lap. Once again, drivers made it very very hard for me to make my way through (for example on my first flying lap - which would have been a mid 48 again - a driver sat right on the racing line going through t11, and had every opportunity to get off the race line but didn't forcing me to go round the outside), so I came into the pits, re set the tyres again, and went out again. I could only manage a 49.2, same as jozza, my lap was filled from mistakes... In saying that a low 49 was a good time for that session. I was happy to top every time sheet on saturday and was looking forward to sunday.

Sunday, we get to the track. It's raining... great. I was slightly nervous about the weather not knowing how everyone else will go about it and hoping I can get the thing off the line.

Race 1, I did get it off the line. Not initially, but the second part of my start was good enough to give me the lead into t1. Parker went around the outside of me at t1, I lost traction and didn't fight him for the position. I tried to hold off Lloyd for a lap or two but ended up opening the door for him because he had a little bit more pace than me. I sat with the two for a couple of laps but they were driving way too fast in greasy conditions for my liking, so I sat back in my comfort zone and scored an easy third, which gave me the championship lead.

Race 2, top 10 reverse grid so I was off 8th. I got an awesome start and passed a few before t1. I was making sure I picked the drivers off 1 by 1 and not make any silly decisions, any points are good from 8th. I ended up getting passed a few drivers then Dommo fell off the track trying to pass Beechey. I caught Beechey up heaps then made a pretty ballsy pass into t1 on the wet side of the track. I made a quick gap on him concentrating on my corner exits and straight line speed, then Bates decided he still wanted to play funny games and pushed me onto the kerb at t1 almost in the grass and continued to not give me the racing line into t2 even with the blue flags... I was not impressed. On my last lap I just put my head down, I had a good lead and just made sure I hit all my braking markers, got the throttle on at the right points and found all my track references. I did so, and set a time only 0.2 off my pole lap time on the last lap of the race! I was so happy with my first race win, it was the best feeling in the world, especially at this level.

Race 3, I was off pole... it stayed dry but we didn't quite set the car up right. Our bars were set for a damp/wet track, and it didn't quite have the speed it did and pushed quite a lot. I was still the fastest (not time wise but race wise the car was the fastest), and I didn't get it off the line quite right. I dropped back to 3rd by the end of lap 1, then I made another pretty spur of the moment pass on Beechy going into Siberia, then hunted down Parker. I had a good race with him but I just couldn't quite get the business done without pushing him off the track (there was many times where I could have had an easy win by doing that), so I settled for second and now I'm leading the championship by 15 points

Wow Awesome, The Shannons nationals are on TV right?

I Think i was watching one of the races a few weeks ago.

anyway, awesome job in a reverse grid.
you're right azza hmhm

Yeah dude they are on TV, should be on speedweek next weekend, 1pm on sbs and heaps of other replays on inside speed and speedweek on foxsports channels
Watch out for the Duck, he's on fire!

Brilliant! Very well done.

Are you thinking about getting a cam for some onboard footage maybe?
Well done Scott.
#9 - amp88
Grats, great to read
Go on like this ducker
Great driving mr duck is there any footage of these races online anywhere?
Nice ! Good luck for the rest of the season !
Congratulations Duck !!! and yes, footage of your races would be really great.
thanks guys

Hmmm not sure about footage, I didn't get any incar cos our cam didn't work. It will be on TV but not euro stations :/
Whens the next race ill be sure to watch, i can record it on my foxtel HD and send it over to my computer.
good stuff ducker, good stuff
Quote from Mustafur :Whens the next race ill be sure to watch, i can

1. Record it on my foxtel HD
2. Send it over to my computer.
3. Share it with my LFS forum fellas

Awesome, please remember to PM the link!
Mustafur it should be on fox sports on inside speed or speed week in the next couple of weeks
and on sbs on may 16th, sunday 1pm aest
Awesome stuff Duckscott. Keep it up, and Mustafur, that video thing sounds good.
last season they started doing online streaming and its was brilliant, wish they did it again tbh. so roll on mustafur's video's coz i'm eager
Duckerz rules.
Duck Duck, He's our Bird,
Great first race ,
Congrats on Third.

QUACK!

AAnt

(if he only knew how hard it is for us Ants to make that Quack Sound)
Keep duckin' the world. Very nice, congratz.
Quote from [DUcK] :Mustafur it should be on fox sports on inside speed or speed week in the next couple of weeks
and on sbs on may 16th, sunday 1pm aest

Its already on saved record for when its on.

Shannons Nationals, Phillip Island round 2
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG