The online racing simulator
XRG Redbull skin
(24 posts, started )
XRG Redbull skin
This is Redbull skin. It's very cool. Enjoy !

Thank you
Attached images
XRG_Redbull.jpg
Nice.
Isn't the car body copied from another game? It looks like it.
Quote from Flame CZE :Isn't the car body copied from another game? It looks like it.

Yes, the car body is copyed from rFactor (Oversteer Drift Mod 2.3)
So you're effectively saying you did NOT make this skin, only convert it to LFS? If so way to go, screwing the copyrights and intellectual property...

Did you have permission to do so? Is the original author aware of this?
Wow, that's a bit over the top, no?

I'm sure the original designer of the skin didn't ask RedBull for permission to use their logos...

The majority of the skins on this forum break intellectual property/copyright law...
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Wow, that's a bit over the top, no?

I'm sure the original designer of the skin didn't ask RedBull for permission to use their logos...

The majority of the skins on this forum break intellectual property/copyright law...

Said in other words he stole the skin and edited it with no intention of asking the original author for permission. How would you feel if I took some of your work, you had spent hours creating and then pasting my name on it and posted it as my work?
I understand where you're coming from, a good skin does take a lot of time and effort. And for someone to use/edit/rip it without permission is annoying, but what can you do about it? Not as much as the companies who's logos we all use to create these skins can do. I just think it's over the top to come down on someone like that about a skin for a game, when everyone here, including you and me, use copyrighted material without even thinking about it. Could you imagine what would happen if say Pirelli or Koni came after people for using their copyrighted material, which they took the time and money to create/copyright/trademark? I know it's more advertising for them, but it's still a breach of their copyrights/trademarks.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :I understand where you're coming from, a good skin does take a lot of time and effort. And for someone to use/edit/rip it without permission is annoying, but what can you do about it? Not as much as the companies who's logos we all use to create these skins can do. I just think it's over the top to come down on someone like that about a skin for a game, when everyone here, including you and me, use copyrighted material without even thinking about it. Could you imagine what would happen if say Pirelli or Koni came after people for using their copyrighted material, which they took the time and money to create/copyright/trademark? I know it's more advertising for them, but it's still a breach of their copyrights/trademarks.

I personnally havn't seen anyone making skins here and claiming to be sponsored by redbull, speaks in their name or to own it for that matter. So it's not really a breach of copyrights when making advertisement for them. And thats all it is, IMHO!

Claiming to worked a few hours to create a design, allign the different parts of the cars and logos as your work when in fact you just copy and pasted it, simply is a shame and kind of stealing, like Daloonie said.

Jaz

PS: using logos and deform them or don't let them appear how the owner wanted it (created) is another thing...
Well, to use any copyrighted material or trademark without the permission of the owner is breaking the law, no matter what way you look at it. I've seen some LFS leagues ask people not to use copyrighted logos or trademarks on skins for this reason.

And the OP never claimed to have created this skin from scratch, he clearly said he copied it from another game when asked about it. He never said "I created this skin and please do not edit it..."

It's just a bit OTT to bring copyrights and intellectual property into it.

Daloonie is like the pot calling the kettle(OP) black... IMHO!
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Well, to use any copyrighted material or trademark without the permission of the owner is breaking the law, no matter what way you look at it. I've seen some LFS leagues ask people not to use copyrighted logos or trademarks on skins for this reason.

It's a thin line i guess. Pretending to be in a relationship while your not, definitely is wrong, indeed
Quote :
And the OP never claimed to have created this skin from scratch, he clearly said he copied it from another game when asked about it. He never said "I created this skin and please do not edit it..." It's just a bit OTT to bring copyrights and intellectual property into it.

You're right of course, as far as im aware he never said he completely made from scratch, but he kind of implyed that he made them (at least thats what you think in the first place if someone wants appreciation). Maybe Daloonie also read this one http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67640
Quote :
Daloonie is like the pot calling the kettle(OP) black... IMHO!

British thing i guess..
Quote from JazzOn :...You're right of course, as far as im aware he never said he completely made from scratch, but he kind of implyed that he made them (at least thats what you think in the first place if someone wants appreciation). Maybe Daloonie also read this one http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67640

Ok, I never noticed that one. But my main thing was about the copyright/intellectual property being mentioned. Because I doubt the original creator, and also Daloonie, has copyrights to their own skins, which has copyrighted logos on it. It would be impossible to copyright any skin like that.
Quote :British thing i guess..

Hehe, it's an old saying, could well be British. What I mean is, Daloonie is using copyrighted material and then blaming someone else for doing the same thing. The pot is black, which then calls the kettle black.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Ok, I never noticed that one. But my main thing was about the copyright/intellectual property being mentioned. Because I doubt the original creator, and also Daloonie, has copyrights to their own skins, which has copyrighted logos on it. It would be impossible to copyright any skin like that.

Well sort of bad words I chose to describe it then, I'm not denying that. But what I actually meant was copying others work claiming it your own.
Only reason I mentioned copyrights was he copied it from another game.
U4IK ST8, you are stating that someone has no rights on a work if third party elements like brands and logos are involved - that is not correct.

If someone develops and produces a design, regardless which (graphical) elements are used, this person DOES own this design. Means this person owns the copyrights. Simple like that! That state is absolutely not about third party copyrights being touched.

If I decide to put whatever brands together to create something (new) no one can prohibit that and this certain work is mine - the brands I used are NOT mine of course. But this still gives me the right to put a copyright mark on my work. If I release it now for public use it can happen the the owner of the brand turns up and bans the release because he sees his interests beeing bothered or the context this brand is used in harms his image. And he surely has the right to do that. But still it is my work!

The only clear and simple rule is: I must not make profit with other peoples ideas and/or work! (...without their agreement.)

I'm also skinning and I know that if I reproduce a real life race car in LFS I do own the rights for this reproduction because no one can take the time I spent on it away from me - this time and effort makes my rights. This has nothing to do with the original copyrights of the real car because I don't touch them as I do not state I invented it. And this is the reason why I started putting "do not copy or edit!" on my skins because people out there published my skins as their work several times. And no one has the right to do that, like I do not have the right to claim copyrights on eg Red Bull's logo...
Of course someone has a right to say "I made this, don't edit/copy it" but what can they do about it if someone does edit/copy it? Nothing, well maybe cry about it but that's it. Whereas, if someone uses actual copyrighted material or trademarks, without the consent of the owner, whether for profit or not, they can be prosecuted in a court, that's all I'm saying.

You try legally copyright a skin with Pirelli, Koni, RedBull, Guinness, Bud, or any other copyrighted logos or trademarks on it and I think you'll find it difficult to do so.

EDIT: Just to add, I made a Guinness skin for the RB4 a couple of years ago and never published the skin on here or anywhere. Went online some time later to find a person racing using that very skin, it even had "U4IK ST8 SKINZ" on the front bumper, but what could I do? I asked where he got it and he said it was in a pack of skins he downloaded. Absolutely nothing I could do but ask him to not use it. And fair play to him he took it off but he didn't have to.

EDIT2: Someone asked could they use "Uncle Sam"(American) in their company logo...
Quote :The rule is that you cannot lawfully use a logo that you did not create unless the logo is in the public domain or you purchase a license to use the logo.

Taken from here - http://www.avvo.com/legal-answ ... y-company-s-lo-33658.html

So yes, you can claim to own a designed skin, but you cannot stop people from using/editing/riping it because you cannot legally claim copyrights to a design which contains already copyrighted material/logos.

Now, see all this BS... bringing copyrights and intellectual property into this was a bad idea...
No one ever said you can do something about someone using your work...
Seems you don't want to see the point, you just want to be right and have the last word - ok there you go...
Well saying "screwing the copyrights and intellectual property" wasn't right for Daloonie to say and that's what I was getting at. Why not say "you shouldn't rip someones work like that, someone took the time and effort to make that"?

My reply to Daloonie's first post was simple, it's you and others who made it complicated by trying to defend what he said when it was clearly, and he said it himself, incorrect to use those words.

For me it's not about getting the last word, it was clearly over until you came in and brought it back up...

EDIT: After reading through this did you honestly think I wasn't going to reply to your post?
Quote from U4IK ST8 :So yes, you can claim to own a designed skin, but you cannot stop people from using/editing/riping it because you cannot legally claim copyrights to a design which contains already copyrighted material/logos.

There is nothing that can be done about it on skins for a game of course - it's a gentlemens agreement.

The least thing you could do is release it, like in a forum post Or, if you uploaded this skin yourself, you can prank him for a while untill someone tells him Which would be the case if he got it from the skin download folder, when you didn't give the original away.
Of course, it is a gentlemanly thing to do, not rip/edit someones skin. But people do it.

And I have, with another skin that someone stole from me, made a plain white skin with writing that resembled the Top Gear cars when they went to the USA all over it, hehe, just a bit more nasty. Not sure how long it took for him to notice though.
That's all Daloonie wnated to say and now i have the last word.

Peace
Very Nice
how do i use that skin
how do i use that skin ????
make skins gloves Red Bull

XRG Redbull skin
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG