The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 61: Racing on a Rainy Day

This weeks theme is... "Racing on a Rainy Day

Rules: (made by andRo., these will not be changed)

Make an edit of car(s) racing in the rain or right after the rain has finished

Cars: TBO + GTR
Tracks: All Tracks (non-LFS tracks can be used, but they must not already have rain - you should make the rain yourself)
  • When you have finished your picture and want to enter it into the competition, please write 'Final Entry' in the relevant post.
  • You must provide a preview picture (no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels) as well as the High Resolution copy.
  • The preview picture does not have to be exactly 400 x 400 pixels - it can be smaller to maintain the correct aspect ratio (for example, 400 x 300 pixels)
Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted
  • No renders or old images to be used and NO VOB MODS
  • You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used.
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you.
Competition Closes FRIDAY 7th MAY at 22:00 GMT

NEW BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
- No bitching/moaning/arguing
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I prefer good themes being repeated rather than new ones that don't seem very interesting.

Btw, I like the Bonus rule, I just hope other people can follow it.
Was there a theme like this before? Because I looked through all competitions, so I might have skipped it, sorry. Didn't want it to repeat.
Yeah, the 6th week is kinda similar to this one.
Yeah, fail. I've even seen that picture that won that round so many times, but I never looked at the theme.
#6 - Hahmo
I'd really love to join this round, though just have to figure out how to make the track look like its wet.. :P Still kinda new to this editing etc
About, yes! We begin
#8 - Lynce
Thank you Joseph for the photomode one week more.

Please, update the date: "7th May".

Good theme. Interesting.

Cheers and good luck to all.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Yeah, the 6th week is kinda similar to this one.

Quote from andRo. :Yeah, fail. I've even seen that picture that won that round so many times, but I never looked at the theme.

Well it's been 55 rounds or 1 year, 8 months, 29 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes, 27 seconds since we last had this theme, so I think it's about time we had it again

Quote from Lynce :Please, update the date: "7th May".

Man, Brandons' only just got off the rain edits! (Joke mate, even voted for ya last round! lol)

But seriously: good choice, hopefully get a bit of time for a dabble this week...
NEW BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
FINAL ENTRY

My 2nd rain edit. Did i do it any better this time?
Attached images
prew.jpg
FINAL ENTRY.jpg
the reflection is good, but your rain looks like snow, may play a bit with its opaqueness
Quote from maxiim :FINAL ENTRY

My 2nd rain edit. Did i do it any better this time?

Very good edit.

You can look for brushes with rain style.

Anyway I understand on the pic that is a raining day with with clear lightning conditions. The sun appears in the clear while is raining.(and that is real because there are the cases).

So, in these conditions there are more glow-effect on the drops of rain and wet ground.

Sure next time will be better. As usual.
Quote from ACCAkut :the reflection is good, but your rain looks like snow, may play a bit with its opaqueness

True.

But keep it like that, it looks very good. Let's just think it's sleet. I like that picture with the sleet!
A little fix might be good, take some water splashing away from
here:
and let there be more of it under the car or just let it be like that.
Attached images
FINAL ENTRYs.jpg
Big thanks guys, Yeh Lynce you understood it right, thats why it kinda looks like snow maybe.

Tomba yeh ill try to do it when i get my ass back home ;p
Looks very cool Maxim.
pfft
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Yup, great theme this week! I guess I'll have to stop working on this at some point, so here's mine:

final entry

External image used

preview - hi-res
Attached images
racingonarainyday_preview.jpg
racingonarainyday.jpg
Its clean n stuff, but there is something i miss in it but i don't know what!
Work process...
Attached images
2_rain _process.jpg
2_rain _process2.jpg
Quote from macsy :Yup, great theme this week! I guess I'll have to stop working on this at some point, so here's mine:

final entry

External image used

preview - hi-res

Thats pretty wicked, awesome Pic duke.
Quote from skiper :Work process...

Not being mean but try and get rid of the AI 2 numberplate, other than that it looks good
Wow. All really nice pics already. Lovely one macsy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG