The online racing simulator
Meh, one thing i hope, is that LFS is not falling appart. I've no problems with waiting and as long as i know that Scavier is still interested in making LFS better and better, this is fine. However, waiting this long with only two or three text reports, is confusing.

Anyway, i am sure that when patch comes out, we will see that it was worth to wait. I personaly am expecting something what will take LFS to the new level, to be completely honest.
It's not falling apart, don't let the people get to you.

If it was, Scawen would say so.
He did recently said himself that they are working on it and nothing has changed [well, except his 100% focus on LFS is getting shared with kids now ).

We just have to wait and have fun with something else .
Before it was easier, I just needed LFS to have fun, now I need a pile of games .
I cant believe some ppl still waiting for new patch. o_0
Quote from jasonmatthews :League racing is not dead at all. There is plenty going on in LFS and you have always had to register on teams forums to take part in that particular league.

since when? the only off-site league i was ever interested in was the FRL MRT cup last year.

Quote :Victor doing all the work for every single league was a bad idea in the first place and unsustainable imho.

it's been suggested before, that he could have delegated the task to someone else. but he didn't, and now we have no official league section.

look, i like LFS, i really do. but if there is no official league support, then it's as good as dead to me. the only other possibility is that lfs events website suggestion. i still get spam from FRL on occasion, and i'm not cluttering up my inbox with any more garbage than it already gets.

this isn't even about the VWS or Rockingham. while it would be nice to get some more tracks in the game, i'm more concerned about the physics updates, which i feel are long overdue.

i'm not going anywhere for a while at least, but if i don't like what i see, then i may have to consider selling my chair. to each their own.
Quote from bunder9999 :since when? the only off-site league i was ever interested in was the FRL MRT cup last year.

The fact that you aren't interested in them doesn't mean that they don't exist.
Quote from bunder9999 :it's been suggested before, that he could have delegated the task to someone else. but he didn't, and now we have no official league section.

No new additions to the official league section does not equal no official league section.

Talk about making mountains out of mole hills.

You need to do what you say in your signiture and take a break for a while. You seem to be getting way too worked up over it all.
I think when you stop recommending LFS to people is when you know it's really fallen on its knees.
Quote from JPeace :Shut up, it hasn't. Stop your bullshit. It's starting to annoy me now.

Just ignore him.

He is clearly not interested in having any sort of discussion, he just posts another bit of wisdom on the imminent downfall of LFS on his daily visit in this thread.
Everyone has his opinion about the LFS' status and whether it's "dying" or not. However, the developers know the best.
I'm fed up with waiting too, which is why I quit waiting. I don't expect anything anymore, so I won't be disappointed .
I just play GTR Evolution and Richard Burns Rally instead of focusing on lfs. Much more simple that way.
Quote from zeugnimod :Why?

Because Mr. Zeug its been over 2 years now, Scawen said we can expect big things in 2009( but all we got was stupid dashborads and new xr rims).
Im not saying they should release stuff, its their game they do what they want, im just saying that its been so long now, that I lost any hope in updates.
And dont start with ur fanboy bullshit pls, im not yawning about updates, just saying i dont think of them no more..

E: Eric writed it nice ye: I don't expect anything anymore, so I won't be disappointed
Quote from Flame CZE :Everyone has his opinion about the LFS' status and whether it's "dying" or not. However, the developers know the best.

Opinions are fine and are mostly welcomed from what I can see. The problem is though that so many opinions are peddled as fact which they clearly aren't. This is when they are not made so welcome.

Quote from Ales_M :Because Mr. Zeug its been over 2 years now

No it hasn't. It's been 1 year and 10 months (ish) since the last major update and only 1 year and 4 months since the delayed major patch. Neither of which is 2 years and certainly not "over 2 years". Lets not let real hard facts get in the way of your whining though eh?

Quote from Ales_M :Scawen said we can expect big things in 2009( but all we got was stupid dashborads and new xr rims).

So he's 4 months late on delivering big things! If you have given up waiting that is your choice but to state that you can't believe others are still waiting, like they are wrong to do so, is just silly. Some people have faith in Scawens words and some don't. Get over it.
Quote from Scawen :
Most of the remaining development is in the following sections :

- Tyre heating and cooling
- AI driver improvements
- Limited setup system
- Suspension updates
- VW stability control

As you can see there are still important things to be completed. It's hard to know how long the tyre heat and suspension updates will take, so we are still not able to estimate a release date.

:rolleyes:
Quote from Dac :I think when you stop recommending LFS to people is when you know it's really fallen on its knees.

I agree with you man
Quote from menantoll :

If you have given up waiting that is your choice but to state that you can't believe others are still waiting, like they are wrong to do so, is just silly.

It was meant as sarcastic state.I will be more then glad that im wrong, but I dont wanna make any hopes and wait, because i know i will be dissapointed..
Don't forget about breakable wings and stuff... And improved aerodynamic was mentioned too
waiting... if u arent on the forum all the time f5'ing u arent waiting:spluke:
Quote from Michalxo :Don't forget about breakable wings and stuff... And improved aerodynamic was mentioned too

is that part of it?
Don´t think so. Im not sure if Scaven ever promised something like this.
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Don´t think so. Im not sure if Scaven ever promised something like this.

Well, Scawen didn't promise this. However, in a test patch info thread he said, that those updates should mostly be done before losing ALPHA tag. But that was nearly 2 years ago, things changed.
Quote from scawen :I've noticed some discontent about the rate of progress and all I can do is assure you that no-one wants LFS out of ALPHA more than we do! Of course, by updating and releasing the clearly unfinished things mentioned here.

seriously guys, chill out, this still applies
Everyone needs to chill, everyone (mostly) knows why I got banned, and you don't see me coming back and moaning about it, just enjoy the content we have, I mean i'm pretty sure every combo hasn't been tried out, it's boring because most servers have the same boring cars with the same tracks, and it gets repetitive, try a car you wouldn't normally drive on a track you wouldn't normally drive that's when it gets interesting, and it can end up in some exciting and unusual racing.
Quote from AMB :Everyone needs to chill, everyone (mostly) knows why I got banned, and you don't see me coming back and moaning about it, just enjoy the content we have, I mean i'm pretty sure every combo hasn't been tried out, it's boring because most servers have the same boring cars with the same tracks, and it gets repetitive, try a car you wouldn't normally drive on a track you wouldn't normally drive that's when it gets interesting, and it can end up in some exciting and unusual racing.

I couldn't agree more... Eventhough I'm now in my fith year I cannot say Live for Speed gets boring. There is so much I haven't tried. I'm not so much around online and at the moment I am more an league organisator instead of an driver but still I'm fascinated by LFS. This whole project. I've been playing it much longer then Grand Tourismo 1 2 3 and 4 together Meanwhile I'm playing it longer then I played with my first PlayStation
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG