The online racing simulator
the smoke failed, actually not so much the smoke, but when it was coming from the rear tire and it looks stretched, idk
My first try to make rain ;p
Attached images
fz5rainfinale.jpg
Quote from maxiim :My first try to make rain ;p

Here's some critic.. The frame around the picture doesn't look good, use vignette or something instead.
The rain drops are way too big, if you want to keep them like that you should add some smaller drops in behind of them.
Tyres don't gather up the water like that, It throws the water to back not in front.
Rain splashes on the side of the car are too big.
Front lights reflection should be improved & the secondary lights should be brighter if they're on.

Try looking at some real photos and copy them
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Here's some critic.. The frame around the picture doesn't look good, use vignette or something instead.
The rain drops are way too big, if you want to keep them like that you should add some smaller drops in behind of them.
Tyres don't gather up the water like that, It throws the water to back not in front.
Rain splashes on the side of the car are too big.
Front lights reflection should be improved & the secondary lights should be brighter if they're on.

Try looking at some real photos and copy them

Finnaly some critics! Thanks man, ill try to do it better next time it was just a test ;p
As I already said. Thanks again, it's great. Love it.
Quote from Lynce :

Dedicated to the Latvian Community. My best wishes.

Cheers.

The antialiasing is a bit low and I'm not too happy about the direction that tree is blurred in but everything else is just close to perfect. I love the lighting on this edit very much. :thumb3d:
Great one Lynce, thanks!
Quote from 5tag :The antialiasing is a bit low and I'm not too happy about the direction that tree is blurred in but everything else is just close to perfect. I love the lighting on this edit very much. :thumb3d:

Even with the max AA in LFS (8X) you can't get smooth lines..
The direction the tree is blurred is correct so can't see why you don't like it.
Nice one Lynce!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Even with the max AA in LFS (8X) you can't get smooth lines..
The direction the tree is blurred is correct so can't see why you don't like it.
Nice one Lynce!

I have LFS myself too so I know what antialiasing looks like in LFS. Lynce will agree that he sharpened the car or increased contrast and as a consequence stairstepping is increased too.

Regarding the blur I could have said that I would have used radial blur (not the spinning effect, the zooming one) instead of motion blur but to the eye the only difference it will really make is that tree which for me looks out of perspective.
Quote from 5tag :Regarding the blur I could have said that I would have used radial blur (not the spinning effect, the zooming one) instead of motion blur but to the eye the only difference it will really make is that tree which for me looks out of perspective.

Lol wtf? If you're trying to make a realistic photo you should not use radial blur in situations like that
Awesome edit lynce!

Quote from 5tag :
Regarding the blur I could have said that I would have used radial blur (not the spinning effect, the zooming one) instead of motion blur but to the eye the only difference it will really make is that tree which for me looks out of perspective.

Wrong.
Quote from 5tag :Regarding the blur I could have said that I would have used radial blur (not the spinning effect, the zooming one) instead of motion blur but to the eye the only difference it will really make is that tree which for me looks out of perspective.

I agree with you.

People, he doesn't mean the circle blur but the zoom mode in the radial blur, so the blur is done with perspective.
Zooming the car from the side? Wouldn't that look weird? Can you show me an example what you mean? If the car was coming toward us, then yes, but from the side?!
Quote from Flame CZE :I agree with you.

People, he doesn't mean the circle blur but the zoom mode in the radial blur, so the blur is done with perspective.

Plain wrong.

Quote from andRo. :Zooming the car from the side? Wouldn't that look weird? Can you show me an example what you mean? If the car was coming toward us, then yes, but from the side?!

Exactly my thoughs.
Quote from andRo. :Zooming the car from the side? Wouldn't that look weird? Can you show me an example what you mean? If the car was coming toward us, then yes, but from the side?!

Just a quick demonstration...

Make a vanishing point, make the point an image centre and then apply the blur.

Looks better than the method Lynce used.
Attached images
rblur.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Just a quick demonstration...

Make a vanishing point, make the point an image centre and then apply the blur.

Looks better that the Lynce's method used.

Depends on what kind of pic you're looking for. With the radial blur it would simulate a picture what has been taken from another car moving the same speed, but with lynces it's just moving the camera and standing still somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Depends on what kind of pic you're looking for. With the radial blur it would simulate a picture what has been taken from another car moving the same speed, but with lynces it's just moving the camera and standing still somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I think it's the same case as the inspiration (Lotus Elise). So the camera is moving as fast as the car.
Quote from Flame CZE :No, I think it's the same case as the inspiration (Lotus Elise). So the camera is moving as fast as the car.

Gah, there can be exceptions. Inspiration doesn't mean it should be just like the inspirated pic. Lynces pic is good as just as it is imo.
Just let Lynce speak
-
(Lynce) DELETED by Lynce
Amazing comments, I really like all (Yeah, ALL). THANK YOU ALL.

Well. There are diferent situations:

1. The camera follows the car. As Lotus Elise pic.

2. Camera follows the car and is more slow(if the camera is in the car). The camera rotates on its axis, following the car. Turns slow.

3. The camera is fixed, at middle distance, following the car. And close angle.

I made the case number 1. But I made the edit as fast as posible. So I didn't thinking about blur. I only see if the blur angle is correct for the car(imagining if the car as a train).

The case number 2 is really more near. Because the angle of the blur is exactly that. The camera turns on its axis and make a blurring distortion of the scenary. Well, just when the camera turns slow. But I repeat, I was thinking on the case number one,hehehe.

The case number 3, makes the motion blur in the same angle in everything inside of the pic. If the bottom is 30º on the top is the same 30 º.( Motion blur angle ).

I do not put effort in all the pic really, because I only focused all the effort on the part that appears on the header. Seeing these amazing comments, and Flame's analysis (Amazing). Sure I'll put more effort next time, hehehehe.

I have improved the shadow of the car and the shadow on rear wheel (Last update):

1280 x 1024.

Blue tone

Blue tone with credits

Normal tone

Normal tone with credits

Header without Logo

Header:

Cheers.

Again, my best wishes for the Latvian Community.
There we go, whineoff
thanks Lynce, it looks great
thumbs up

Latvian community <3 <3 <3 it

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG